Digital Art Zone

4 of 31
June Freebie Challenge - Summer Fun & Pin-Ups
Posted: 05 June 2013 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  588
Joined  2006-08-11

Chameleon have fun smile be careful trough those event can be addictive ( have 2-3 planned for this year, but I am easy going, my man goes to at least 1 every month smile )

Music, good to see ya smile

Dana, you talk dates I was not even considered to exist lol

Dorsey.. my son likes teletubbies wink I on the other hand am terrified of them, and no way there will be something of those horrorous creatures near my house

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5257
Joined  2005-04-16
Dorseyland - 05 June 2013 10:06 AM

Do not recall “the Aiko Incident”, Casual, but the render’s a hoot!

Chameleon—I was JUST KIDDING about the Teletubbies. No one likes the Teletubbies.

Dana—I went from stumbling into a Paul Cotton show at the 1968 Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto to having ticket seats for Led Zeppelin at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester (England) in 1969. It was a rapid ascent, and I saw hundreds of concerts over the next decade.

Concert tickets were always too expensive for me until after 1995, when I got my first full time job programming.  I’ve seen some good ones since then, but not hundreds.  I’m back in the “too expensive for me” category right now, though.  I don’t even look at the emails from ticketmaster or the other event companies, I just delete them…I don’t want to know what I’m missing.  (sad face)

How was Led Zeppelin?  Every concert footage I’ve ever seen of them has been terrible.  Page is sloppy and forgetting his parts, or repetitive, and Plant forgets his lyrics, or gets repetitive.  I think they were much better as a session band than live.  I guess maybe it was just the experience that people liked…or they were too stoned to know how bad Zep were live.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Krissy - 05 June 2013 10:52 AM

They’re just dates…numbers…you spring chicken, you!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2006-02-17
DanaTA - 05 June 2013 11:45 AM

Dana

Just numbers… with memories attached.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 05 June 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Kendall Sears - 05 June 2013 11:47 AM

Dana

Just numbers… with memories attached.

Kendall

But of course!

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2013 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  65
Joined  2007-10-23

Dana

Ahhhhh…yessss….I remember the sixties.  It was a great time to be alive.  A great time to…be in elementary school.  LOL

And, just to make the post semi-relevant….

NAE NAE Just getting into the spirit of the competition.  NAE

Image Attachments
Jaya_poolside_01.jpg
 Signature 

“All great ideas degenerate into work”

Old post count - 1923

Posted: 05 June 2013 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  672
Joined  2009-03-17
DanaTA - 05 June 2013 11:41 AM

Concert tickets were always too expensive for me until after 1995, when I got my first full time job programming.

How was Led Zeppelin? Every concert footage I’ve ever seen of them has been terrible.  Page is sloppy and forgetting his parts, or repetitive, and Plant forgets his lyrics, or gets repetitive.  I think they were much better as a session band than live.

Dana, please, there are young people reading this stuff. Concert tickets were cheap as hell through the early ‘70s, which is why I was going to them almost every week.

And Zep, yeah, they could be awful, but experimenting with drugs, the blues and instrumentation is bound to produce some bad concerts, but I loved every minute of the one time I saw them, I’ve seen plenty of great videos, and surely not all of the millions of fans who swap bootleg concert audio and video are constantly doped up—they must have found something they like in any state of mind.

This is not to denigrate drugs, mind you.  &-)  [old-fashioned smiley]

Signature 

Posted: 05 June 2013 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Dorseyland - 05 June 2013 02:31 PM
DanaTA - 05 June 2013 11:41 AM

Concert tickets were always too expensive for me until after 1995, when I got my first full time job programming.

How was Led Zeppelin? Every concert footage I’ve ever seen of them has been terrible.  Page is sloppy and forgetting his parts, or repetitive, and Plant forgets his lyrics, or gets repetitive.  I think they were much better as a session band than live.

Dana, please, there are young people reading this stuff. Concert tickets were cheap as hell through the early ‘70s, which is why I was going to them almost every week.

Did you have a job?  I graduated from high school in 1971, and was still only 17.  We were on welfare…so no, tickets weren’t cheap from my perspective at that time.  Even when I started working, a year later almost, the pay wasn’t enough to go to concerts and eat.  Of course, there were free concerts in the summers all through that period, and I enjoyed them.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2013 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-11

Thank you Dana.. spring chicken .. may I be a spring llama??
Oh, they are not bad here, for what we wanna see at least ( 25 euro is pretty much average, have to compare with 15 yet 2 years ago)  But my husband is going for some that are drainer, fe. in few weeks he goes to see Iron Maiden - 75 euro a ticket…  a head spins ... plus think you cannot smuggle your own beverages to the venue, and a beer glass will be about 3-5 euro…

Dana, dorsey in different area of the world wink 
Ah.. now I wanna go for the concert :( and have to wait till decmeber.. may pop in some dvd because of ya guys wink

Posted: 06 June 2013 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

Heh heh. Maybe Dana and I were living in different worlds! I got released on my own recognizance from high school in ‘72, the same year I started going to concerts more or less steadily, so I was working for meagre pay, but I saw plenty of shows for $4 or so up until about ‘75, when Bill Graham ushered Crosby Stills Nash & Young around North America and jacked up the price quite a bit. It was all uphill from there, apart from the punks throwing a wrench into the concert economy.

Iron Maiden for 75 euros is roughly 74 euros too much, especially if there’s no free beer, but regardless of who’s playing, I’d never be able to afford concerts now on a regular basis. I just count myself lucky that I saw most of my favourite bands back in the day, and that I now get books for free to review, and that I don’t give a shit about the movies they make these days. And that I got M4 and V4 when they were still free.

Don’t anyone get me started on paying to read a newspaper or magazine online.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-17

Am I the only one seeing placeholder boxes where there should be smileys?

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2013 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-11

nah Dorsey I find 75 euros fair price , especially that they do put on the show..  ut, free beer?? nah nowhere yo uwill find those ( apart of movies, if you smuggle some smile ) I agree with you with the movies those days - bunch of random special effects tied together with a non complicated story.

Now I have another entry at works.. where is the rest of pictures???

Posted: 06 June 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Dorseyland - 06 June 2013 09:04 AM

Heh heh. Maybe Dana and I were living in different worlds! I got released on my own recognizance from high school in ‘72, the same year I started going to concerts more or less steadily, so I was working for meagre pay, but I saw plenty of shows for $4 or so up until about ‘75, when Bill Graham ushered Crosby Stills Nash & Young around North America and jacked up the price quite a bit. It was all uphill from there, apart from the punks throwing a wrench into the concert economy.

Different worlds?  Well, I guess so.  Like I said, I grew up on welfare.  We always had enough to eat, but we didn’t have a car, and wouldn’t have a TV if it weren’t for my grandma giving one to my mom.  And it was B&W.  As I said, graduated in ‘71, but I was still only 17 and nobody would hire me for anything.  I joked in senior year that I was going to party for a year before finding a job.  I was pretty close.  When I did get a job, I had other interests anyway.  Then I got married in ‘74.  when I look at my SS reports that come out occassionally, my earnings for most of the years were pathetic.  Some years I barely earned $2,000.  We had a really low rent rate, and it included heat, hot water and cooking gas.  We stayed there until we bought our house.  When I finally started earning good money in ‘95, I finally had money for concerts.  Our first one was Johnny Lang and Jeff Beck!  We saw Santana on his Supernatural Tour, with Macy Grey opening.  I wasn’t impressed with her, nor her sound crew.  I started calling her Mousey Grey.  Although, Carlos brought her on stage to sing with him and she sounded better.  Maybe it was the style, but if was definitely the sound crew, she had more punch and more substance to her voice.  She should have fired her sound crew.  We saw Eddie Money, REO Speedwagon and Styx in one night.  We saw Huey Lewis at the Boston Melody Tent.  What a great show.  And he was still full of energy, jumping up on speakers and running around the stage.  The crowd brought them back for three encores.  But then they had to quit.  It was an outdoor venue, and there were laws about noise after a certain time of night…which we had passed.  That was a great night!  I think the last one I saw was with a musician friend.  We saw Kenny Wayne Shepard, Ted Nugent, and ZZ Top, in that order.  Great night!

Dorseyland - 06 June 2013 09:04 AM

Don’t anyone get me started on paying to read a newspaper or magazine online.

I wouldn’t mind that.  I think that’s the way newspapers should go, rather than just failing.  Without the expense of the paper and presses, all that electricity, all the heat they throw, they’d save a lot of money.  And all the trees we’d save!  They could keep all the same reporting/writing staff and create the same quality publication.  I’ve dumped several newspapers over the years due to crappy delivery.  The last one was here.  I had a “tube” next to my mailbox, but I’d repeatedly find the paper on the ground…in the rain, in the snow.  Several times it was down there not even in a plastic bag.  Soggy through and through, unreadable.  I complained a few times.  The last time I just cancelled it.  I’d rather have an online, or better, downloadable, newspaper.  There are announcements that you just don’t get, concerning local things, from online sources, unless you’re lucky enough to have your local paper online and unrestricted.

Sorry for the long-winded opinion.  At least the first part of my post was about “summer fun”.

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-16
Dorseyland - 06 June 2013 09:05 AM

Am I the only one seeing placeholder boxes where there should be smileys?

The smileys have been broken for almost a week now.  I don’t even bother to try to use them anymore.  13 months of this new site in ten days!  :|

Dana

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2013 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-08-11

So If no one mind let me interrupt you with an entry.
I apologize in advance for any mistakes I made, and If it not-pinup, or to pin-up, feel free to just disregard it and move on wink

Title: Never forget to stretch

Freebies:
1. Ursula v4*
2. Yogaesque poses *
3. FC Panty Evilinnocence
4. Flexy Hair 11th item from top
5. SCS flexy hair 7th item from top
6. My vest 8th row, 2nd from right
7. Piercing   4th item from top
8. Water bottle *
9. Dumbbell *
10.Skipy Rope *
11.AS free scene (poser only)                       
12.80 tiles * used on panty
13.V4WM* Poser Only

*Requires registration

No count :
V4
mat - mine
EZSkin
Outfitter

Payed:
V4 Morphs++

Edited image: Dumbell was moved in a place where he doesn’t look like rolling over her head smile

Image Attachments
stretch2.jpg

4 of 31