Digital Art Zone

1 of 3
The Briefing (-Meeting-Class) Room…. Now Available!
Posted: 31 May 2013 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  764
Joined  2011-06-14
Hello! A quick edit on the 27th of July to inform you that the product is now out!
You can find it here :
For the Bundle Room + the Poses :
http://www.daz3d.com/the-briefing-room-bundle/
For The Room Only :
http://www.daz3d.com/the-briefing-room-1/
For The Poses Only :
http://www.daz3d.com/the-briefing-room-poses/

Welcome to the Briefing-Meeting-Class room, let's call it the Briefing Room to be shorter.
This is presently a WIP of a Prop I'm going to submit to DAZ as soon as it is over (as soon as....).

Let's say 90% of the job is already done. That is why before finishing it, I'm presenting it here, in order to eventually include your feedback in the final stages of development.
This multi-usage / multi-purpose room can be used for your briefings, your meetings, office or classroom areas depending on the elements you'll chose to move or remove.
For now (I'll determine if I keep all of this in final version), it includes :
A large choice of loads options :
1. Load the main scene (4 walls + floor + ceiling) and add one of the 5 corresponding center area option (chairs only, chairs and "classroom alignment" tables, Cshape tables configuration, or a UShape one, or a Two Work Areas of 4 tables),
2. Load these 5 different scenes already settled,
3. You can chose to load separately the useful areas depending on your camera angle (North, South, East and West Areas, Room Floor, Ceiling and the 5 "Room Centers" come separated).

You will find many elements to customize your room :
Different Materials presets: ON/OFF for : TVs, Beamer, Beamer Screen, and White Board written or not.
Morphing Elements: Lectern Micros and Lectern Shape, Beamer Screen opening/closing
Mobile elements : Door, Door Handle, and the funniest : the needles of the clock!
Many Props (not counted yet!) amongst them, flags (3 different ones), cabinets, coffee pots, printer, fax, TV screens, tables, chairs, Video Screen, books and box, fire alarm, wall switches, wall plugs, clock, have been included in order to add to realism.
Special "fake" irradiance maps are included in order to fake the real repartition of light on the walls, ceiling and floor in DAZ and Poser (Octane or luxrender users will be able to remove them).
And finally, to help you going faster :
- Today, 13 camera presets to be sure to start "in the room" with appropriate camera settings.
- 2 lights Presets for more realistic renderings, one cold light, one warmer light.
- Several character poses presets : 3 Lectern (for now), 7 sitting (for now) with or without table, and several standing (12 for now). All these poses are today made for M4 and V4 (height offset of characters included to take into account shoes thickness - more particularly "Ultimate Military" Ranger boots).. Mirror poses will be included too. All sitting poses are made of the first chair of the first room center options, and there is a folder of poses allowing you to change the character place on any chosen chair in the room (presently under development, very long to do!).
I'm not sure right now that there is a interest to make them for Genesis since Genesis characters vary a lot in size, and that all poses can easily be adapted from M4 or V4 poses. Any opinions about it?
You can see some of the poses on the images linked.
What else? Well the room is a "blind" room, which means that you won't have to worry on how to deal what's behind the windows.
Here are a few renders, Poser Renders first for global room and poses, then Octane renders for some room details (renders made to check everything was going to be OK under octane and luxrender). I have not finished the materials and lights on DAZ, which explains why there are not these renders yet. And you can of course click on images to enlarge.

Now as I told you, any feedback is welcome for this product to be as close as possible to your needs.
[ Edited: 27 July 2013 06:31 AM by Kadix ]
Image Attachments
PoserBriefingRoom01.jpgPoserBriefingRoom02.jpgTestsOCTANE_RENDERS_RoomDetails.jpgTestsOCTANE_RENDERS_RoomDetailsII.jpg
 Signature 

During the year of abundance, the grass was so high that the cows had to jump to graze on.
kadix - V3Digitimes
My Store at DAZ : http://www.daz3d.com/v3digitimes
My Deviant Gallery : http://rankerx.deviantart.com/

Posted: 31 May 2013 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2013-04-23
It looks like a interesting prop, I am curious about the flags, will they come with textures for all world flags? You did say three different ones, but I'm not sure if you meant three different world flags or just three different movement or such smile
 Signature 

My Art Thread  **  My Gallery  **  My Deviant Art  (includes mature content)

Playful Ferret, Proud Wizard Companion of BWC

Posted: 31 May 2013 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-06-14
Hello and thanks for your interest.
Concerning the flags, I meant 3 different shapes and not 3 different textures. Actually, I have calculated 3 different flags shapes using specific 3D simulations, with different physical values and initial conditions for each of the flags.
Yet, I have just checked that is was very easy to change your flag pattern (the pattern on the UV map is using a rectangular base). I have not planned yet to include different texture options for flags, but if several people ask me, I could reconsider this choice. Do you already have an idea of what flag patterns would interest you?

EDITED on the 07 / 01 / 2013 : Since choices were to be made (I did not want to include all the flags of the world!!!), the final textures I have included are : US/Europe/China/Nato/UNO/Olympic flags. Additional option allowing to have a metallic instead of a wood structure.
[ Edited: 01 July 2013 07:20 AM by Kadix ]
Image Attachments
EasyToCustomiseFlag.jpg
 Signature 

During the year of abundance, the grass was so high that the cows had to jump to graze on.
kadix - V3Digitimes

Posted: 31 May 2013 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-04-23
The EU flag, the UN flag, perhaps the Nato flag too. Those would cover a lot of ideas. I can also easily see that room being used to held meetings and such for important people from different countries, and it would have been a nice touch to have the respective country flag in it smile

so basically all flags for the different countries, UN, EU and Nato. Or if that is a bit too much, the UN, EU, Nato and Olympic one would be nice.

I can have far too many ideas sometimes *sheepish smile*

Carola
 Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2013 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-06-14
Hello Carola!
Thanks for your idea. That is for this kind of things that I posted here.
I've just finished to include DAZ and poser Materials in the libraries for the flags : US/Europe/UNO/NATO/Olympic/China. I haven't made the render of all of them together yet, but I should post it someday. Flags now also have a choice between wood and metallic vertical support.

I've also finished the light and material optimization for Poser and DAZ 4 and more. Here is my first DAZ "final" render with the final settings.
I'm sharing it here with you.
Now I have to organize everything and see how to create the DAZ3 compatible files to work with it (never done it before), but I've never been closer to the end!
Image Attachments
DAZ_BR_T01a.jpg
 Signature 

kadix - V3Digitimes

Posted: 30 June 2013 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3059
Joined  2004-10-25
Now how on earth did I miss this thread?

This looks like it's coming along well. Any idea when you'll have it finished?
 Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

Posted: 30 June 2013 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2005-03-16
Miss B - 30 June 2013 10:34 AM
Now how on earth did I miss this thread?

This looks like it's coming along well. Any idea when you'll have it finished?

I second that question. This looks very realistic, both in the Poser and DS renders. I honestly wasn't sure if I was looking at photographs or renders when simply viewing the reduced size pictures in the thread. The poses on the characters are very well done, too.
 Signature 

My DAZ Store Page  UVSetterGen2  Free Video Tutorials    My FreeStuff at ShareCG    My Gallery on DeviantArt

Posted: 30 June 2013 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-04-23
Darn, I had lost this thread.. and I totally agree, it looks and sounds great, good job ! will be nice to see it when it comes *smiles warmly*
 Signature 

Posted: 30 June 2013 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2009-08-07
YEEEEEAH! I've needed something like this for a loooooong time.
 Signature 

Check out The Lesser Evil, a graphic novel made using DAZ models, and published by Zetabella Publishing!

Posted: 01 July 2013 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-06-14
@ MissB, Slosh, Carola and Camberra-Boy!!

Thank you for you nice feedback, this is an old post with almost no answers and I began to wonder if people were interested in such a product!

Good News : I've finished it!!! I hope it should soon be released, let's cross the fingers.
Concerning realism, you make me really happy since this was my goal! In this topic, the two first top images are Poser renders, the two following are Octane via poser plug-in, and the two ones I'm posting here today are DAZ renders. On these two last ones, you can see the south area with different morphs (lectern/VideoScreen) and material options, and the rest of the room (seen from south east angle) with four of the five different preload options, and some materials and light variations.

Since interior "room scenes" are very particular to render with, I have preferred including different "starter lights" so that the users don't fight finding the appropriate lights (gives the room the look you can see on the images). I call them starter light because you can start with them, you can render immediately with them, but you can also tweak them if you want particular effects.
Also I wanted to include several "starter camera" presets to be sure to start in the room, (and not behind a wall).

Finally, I have separated the product in two products, which, if everything is ok, should be available separately or as a bundle, so that people can chose to have the poses or not :
- in the first product there are : the room, its (many) preloads, its materials options, lights and camera presets, and a few useful props (single chair, single table, folders, hand markers adapted to the character and the writing poses),
- and on the second product the poses for M4, V4, and Genesis (.pz2 and .duf for M4 and V4, .duf only for Genesis, I have not made them for DSON). Concerning the poses I ended up with 9 sitting poses (+ 9 mirrored), 13 standing poses (+ 13 mirrored), all these for M4 and V4 and Genesis, and 73 "GoSitOn" poses. Which means that you will have, if you count everything including the Genesis poses, a total of 205 poses. So in order to organise them, they are in subfolders, first character, then sit or stand. The GoSitOn poses are also in a separate subfolder and work whatever the character and are organised chair by chair preload option by preload option, this means that if you want the character to sit on one chair, first you sit him (he will be placed on the first chair of the first preload option) then you chose your chair .pz2 or .duf, and it will be placed ok. The thumbs of these GoSitOn are framed from above with a M4 sitting on the chair, and they have names corresponding to "CenterOptionNumber-Chair-ChairNumber". I add the image here of what it is looking like...
And I also add an image where the different poses are shown, (the mirrored ones are not shown)

Ouch! Once again I made a too long post. When the product will be released I'll create a new post for users of the product additional questions, tips, or feedback. But please feel free to ask me whatever you want concerning it!
Image Attachments
01SouthAreaOptions_FromNorth.jpg02ExamplesOfPreloadsAndOptions.jpg03SynthesisPoses.jpg04GoSitOnPosesLegend.jpg
 Signature 

kadix - V3Digitimes

Posted: 01 July 2013 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17109
Joined  2003-10-09
This does look interesting, even though you are not intending to offer a nice Welsh flag option with our lovely red dragon on it. smile
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 July 2013 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
chohole - 01 July 2013 07:29 AM
This does look interesting, even though you are not intending to offer a nice Welsh flag option with our lovely red dragon on it. smile

That doesn't mean she can't be convinced to do some addon flag MATs, including the Welsh Red Dragon. ~wink~
 Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 01 July 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17109
Joined  2003-10-09
Miss B - 01 July 2013 12:23 PM

That doesn't mean she can't be convinced to do some addon flag MATs, including the Welsh Red Dragon. ~wink~

was joking really. The Union flag flies for the UK as a whole, just we do love our Dragon.
 Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 01 July 2013 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-10-25
chohole - 01 July 2013 01:11 PM
Miss B - 01 July 2013 12:23 PM

was joking really. The Union flag flies for the UK as a whole, just we do love our Dragon.

~ROFL~ I thought you might be, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.
 Signature 

Posted: 01 July 2013 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2958
Joined  2010-11-30

If the flag is textured with a separate bump map, we can do our own images.

(Now I'm considering a 14-flag add-on pack for Canada, if putting the image on the flag looks at all good...)
 Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2750
Joined  2003-12-06
How did I miss this thread for a whole month? Very interesting. I do have a few similar scene sets, but not this size, and nothing quite this complete. And with proper D|S materials and lights, this is a definite for my when-I-can-afford-it list.
 Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

1 of 3