Digital Art Zone

39 of 54
What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?
Posted: 28 March 2014 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 571 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9056
Joined  2007-11-06
Kyoto Kid - 28 March 2014 01:30 AM

...actually, I never installed the power loaders for any of the Gen4 characters as I didn’t need all the morphs bloating the base figures every time I loaded them.

That’s what Powerloader is for, so you can easily have just the morphs you want injected on each load.

But in DS, the best way to avoid bloat is to load all the morphs and save in DS format.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 28 March 2014 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 572 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4605
Joined  2004-08-11

Easier weight mapping. 

Love to see this happen..

Click on a joint,
It’s selected,
Right click and tell it to weight map that area with calculated fall off. 

There would be options to include X,Y,Z and Scaling…

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 28 March 2014 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 573 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11621
Joined  2007-11-06
fixmypcmike - 28 March 2014 07:47 AM
Kyoto Kid - 28 March 2014 01:30 AM

...actually, I never installed the power loaders for any of the Gen4 characters as I didn’t need all the morphs bloating the base figures every time I loaded them.

That’s what Powerloader is for, so you can easily have just the morphs you want injected on each load.

But in DS, the best way to avoid bloat is to load all the morphs and save in DS format.

...I just load the ones I need by hand. Especially important when transferring morphs to Genesis with GenX.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 18 April 2014 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 574 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2011-01-09

The blue highlight on the new content is very helpful but for the love all that is holy, please move the ‘Mark everything as seen’ option far away from the ‘Mark Children as Seen’.  Putting the one right next to the other on a UI is much like make the ‘Save’ similar to the ‘Quit’ on a UI.   
http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/art/Adobe-Hates-You-398425747

If you don’t want to move it, how about simply having a pop-up confirmation (with the option to turn it off) asking if you want to perform a global action like removing all of the blue highlights?  Again, this is like having a ‘Quit’ function without a confirmation which this really needs. 

When one is organizing content you often run into folders with dozens of materials or such that you don’t want to click individually to remove the ‘new’/blue highlight.  The ‘Mark Children as Seen’ is a very helpful shortcut but not when it is right next to another option that will instantly remove all of those helpful blue highlights!  Right now a simple bit lag or slip of the mouse can destroy the highlights obliterating this much needed help when organizing content.

Posted: 18 April 2014 08:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 575 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4444
Joined  2011-11-25

I’d like to be able to designate anything as floor and have my character in his or her boots grounded on it..  I do seem to spend a lot of time checking feet that they aren’t clipping the ground.

Posted: 19 April 2014 05:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 576 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  772
Joined  2009-07-05

One post-render , post-render , post-render, post-render ,post-render…....

Signature 

Casemod AKASA Eclipse 62 / intel i7 2600 / Asrock Z77 Pro3 / GTX titan /  Ram: 4x 8GB, Corsair XMS3 DDR3 = (32Gb) / 120GB Sandisk SSD / HDD 7200rpm 1T / CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900 LED blue / Power suply Corsair CX 750w (80 plus bronze)

Posted: 24 April 2014 10:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 577 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2005-01-07

Would be great if the view port had an ‘area zoom’ feature.

The best way I can explain this, is to compare it with the selection feature of ‘Spot render tool’.
Where instead of rendering a selection, it would zoom in on it.

To zoom out, a user will have to use either the ‘Dolly Zoom’ or the ‘Frame’ options.

I often find it frustrating zooming into a certain section of a large scene and believe this feature would definitely shorten the required time spent on scene setup.

Posted: 27 April 2014 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 578 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  2009-02-26

Hmmm The last post reminded me of a desire I had regularly in the past…
I always set up my scene with a view in my mind of where I want the camera to be set up and how its framed, So I will always have those cameras set up rather early. I navigate with perspective view while refining things and tend to find that “I really like that shot!” So in an effort to capture the current framing of the perspective view I must get a new camera and constantly swap views between perspective and the new camera to try to get it as close as possible. It would be awesome if there was an option to tell a selected camera to automatically match the current view of “Perspective View”.

What I originally set out to say,
It would be so awesome if it were possible to have the ability to live paint diffuse on 3d models (Largely for cleaning up seams) in Daz, similar to the feature of painting weight maps in DS.  I know its a feature usually only found in modelers/sculptors but is one of those things that can be out of reach cost wise for many hobbyists, not only that but its the hassle of export/Import. Some apps are more friendly than others lol Creating custom textures for characters is a real nightmare with seams. Such a feature or plug in would also make Tattoos/body art/wounds etc much easier and inviting to aspiring artists looking to add a personal touch.
- And yes LIE is helpful for some of the later, but remember I’m talking ‘painting out’ seams, and painting original tattoos directly on a model, (for some time now, Ive actually used Garibaldi paint room to get a basic idea for tattoos etc alignment and position to minimize distortion)

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 27 April 2014 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 579 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3338
Joined  2007-06-22

When you load a new camera in doesn’t it give you the choice to copy viewpoint or something similar which places your camera in the same position, I know I get this choice if I’m in top view or default camera, I don’t really use Perspective view so don’t know if this happens. I’m rendering at the moment so can’t check.

Posted: 27 April 2014 04:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 580 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2961
Joined  2009-02-24
Spyro - 27 April 2014 01:24 AM

I always set up my scene with a view in my mind of where I want the camera to be set up and how its framed, So I will always have those cameras set up rather early. I navigate with perspective view while refining things and tend to find that “I really like that shot!” So in an effort to capture the current framing of the perspective view I must get a new camera and constantly swap views between perspective and the new camera to try to get it as close as possible. It would be awesome if there was an option to tell a selected camera to automatically match the current view of “Perspective View”.

Create new camera - Apply Active Viewport Transforms. Done!

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 27 April 2014 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 581 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
HeraldOfFire - 27 April 2014 04:28 AM

I thought everybody knew that one? It also works for placing Spot lights and Point lights right were the Perspective view is.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 27 April 2014 04:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 582 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3338
Joined  2007-06-22
HeraldOfFire - 27 April 2014 04:28 AM

That’s it - couldn’t remember the actual wording.

Posted: 27 April 2014 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 583 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  2009-02-26

Ah its in an extension “show options”! Why I never seen that? LOL Guess I stuck in habit of entering cam name and pressing enter, thats it… I feel so dumb

Many thanks guys, daz just got better for me raspberry

Signature 

- SpyroRue’s Deviant Art -

Posted: 27 April 2014 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 584 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2003-12-01

How about the ability to pin a hand or foot to be 100% certain that it does not move.

Posted: 28 April 2014 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 585 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2011-05-17
Spyro - 27 April 2014 05:10 AM

Ah its in an extension “show options”! Why I never seen that? LOL Guess I stuck in habit of entering cam name and pressing enter, thats it… I feel so dumb

Many thanks guys, daz just got better for me raspberry

Over 4000 posts and you didn’t know you could do that?! Dang, I bet that feels good.

As for things I’d like to see, I say it every time, but I’ll say it again!

Multiple-figure collision / smoothing modifiers
Collision / Smooth modifiers based off of nodes, not entire figure (could have a diaglouge similiar to the symmetry panel, with the ability to recusrively apply the modifier if you want, say an entire arm to collide with a certain thing).
Clothify!

39 of 54