Digital Art Zone

23 of 54
What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?
Posted: 10 July 2013 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 331 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12133
Joined  2007-11-06
fixme12 - 10 July 2013 03:51 AM
Mattymanx - 10 July 2013 02:59 AM
Kyoto Kid - 18 June 2013 01:39 AM

...as I mentioned a while ago, I’d like to see bridges/plugins for less expensive/free apps for those of us who don’t have deep pockets.

I would love to see this too for many different apps as it would be benneficial to both DAZ and the customers and PAs.  i just dont think DAZ has the time and money to do them outside of their own software family and poser.

Bring onthe Silo bridge!  A Blender bridge would be cool too for Blender users.

Silo great modeler, to bad it get ‘s no update’s anymore and a few annoyinh uv bugs still reamin in the soft.
if daz create a blender bridge that would possible be the end of carrara. think we don’t see that happen smile
but i really like the idea as blender is great great tool. take a look at modo on 16 and 17th july.
may be you can join.

...actually that would more likely spell the end of the road for Hexagon which they haven’t updated in over five years anyway.

Modo while an excelllent tool, is out of my reach like most pro grade apps.  This and Hexagon’s instabilities are why I decided to grit my teeth and begin learning Blender.

If I wasn’t unemployed right now I’d consider picking up Silo as it is on sale for 109$ with a special code.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 10 July 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 332 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Mattymanx - 10 July 2013 08:28 AM
fixme12 - 10 July 2013 03:51 AM
Mattymanx - 10 July 2013 02:59 AM
Kyoto Kid - 18 June 2013 01:39 AM

...as I mentioned a while ago, I’d like to see bridges/plugins for less expensive/free apps for those of us who don’t have deep pockets.

I would love to see this too for many different apps as it would be benneficial to both DAZ and the customers and PAs.  i just dont think DAZ has the time and money to do them outside of their own software family and poser.

Bring onthe Silo bridge!  A Blender bridge would be cool too for Blender users.

Silo great modeler, to bad it get ‘s no update’s anymore and a few annoyinh uv bugs still reamin in the soft.
if daz create a blender bridge that would possible be the end of carrara. think we don’t see that happen smile
but i really like the idea as blender is great great tool. take a look at modo on 16 and 17th july.
may be you can join.

On the bright side, the DAZ Studio SDK is free so even if DAZ3D does not have the time and resources to commit to making the bridges, the oppertunity is there for others to do it instead.

...I didn’t know the SDK worked that way.  Of course I am so out of touch writing code these days and I don’t think FORTRAN V or even FORTRAN 90 would work.

Signature 

Posted: 10 July 2013 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 333 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2011-05-17

Figure to figure collisions on a kinematics level. I’d like to be able to take a hand, dial in the grasp morph slightly too tight to grab a railing/baseball bat/sword/you name it, and then have a collision detection act as a active pose style engine to push the hand so it’s firmly holding the object.

Another good usage would be hands-on-hips, which I ALWAYS have trouble with. God.

Posted: 11 July 2013 01:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 334 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-08-25
Kyoto Kid - 10 July 2013 12:40 PM

...actually that would more likely spell the end of the road for Hexagon which they haven’t updated in over five years anyway.

Modo while an excelllent tool, is out of my reach like most pro grade apps.  This and Hexagon’s instabilities are why I decided to grit my teeth and begin learning Blender.

If I wasn’t unemployed right now I’d consider picking up Silo as it is on sale for 109$ with a special code.

that’s why you have to look at modo on 16 & 17th july,  may be then it will fit your budget.
but for running 3d, you also need a good computer and those prices are mostly also around $4 or $5000.
and have a beatiful render in a few sec. the alternative cheaper computer and have the same render in about 2 weeks.
the only difference.

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 11 July 2013 01:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 335 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...I just sunk eighteen months and 1,400$ into learning about and building my new system.  Nothing near one of the pro rigs, but still a vast improvement over what I used to work on. 

Renders that took up to a couple hours on the old system (when they didn’t crash) now take between 15- 25 minutes on average.

I am currently unemployed so unless they are almost giving it away (under 100$), don’t think I can still handle it on my budget.

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2013 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 336 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2978
Joined  2004-04-14
Kyoto Kid - 10 July 2013 12:40 PM

Steampowered sells Silo for $60 USD - http://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/

Exact same program you get from Nevercenter but the only downside is that it requires to have Steam installed and running in the background everytime you use it.  This also means an internet connection when you go to buy it and install it.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 11 July 2013 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 337 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...having to be online while working is something I don’t like to do as it makes extra demands on system resources.

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2013 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 338 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5225
Joined  2008-03-06
Kyoto Kid - 11 July 2013 01:54 PM

...having to be online while working is something I don’t like to do as it makes extra demands on system resources.

And while Steam supposedly runs offline after activation, it is also prone to a “bug” (quotes very deliberate) that makes it impossible to run Steam offline. I literally had to change code in a config file to fix it so I could play my already-purchased games.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 11 July 2013 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 339 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...yeah I’ve had my share of bugs and failures with my ISP’s connectivity (which soon should be a thing of the past) and CloudFlare insanity (got a good explanation of why it does what it does to some of us). Don’t need to add any new aggravations into the mix.

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 340 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  768
Joined  2011-05-17

An option to export a figure in a way that the morphs remain in tact when imported into Lightwave

Posted: 16 July 2013 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 341 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-19

Better animation Tools, better FK/Ik

Posted: 16 July 2013 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 342 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2978
Joined  2004-04-14
Paradigm67 - 15 July 2013 01:16 PM

An option to export a figure in a way that the morphs remain in tact when imported into Lightwave

FBX is the best option.  Unless you mean make the morphs adjustable in LW after it arrives there.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 16 July 2013 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 343 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4585
Joined  2011-11-25

I would like skin textures in categories so that I can find the ones using sub surface shader versus standard. I’m finding often these aren’t getting labeled so I can tell them apart at a glance.

Posted: 16 July 2013 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 344 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...continued support for Genesis “Classic” (the original Genesis Essentials should continue to be available).

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2013 12:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 345 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1468
Joined  2012-08-31
SereneNight - 16 July 2013 08:02 PM

I would like skin textures in categories so that I can find the ones using sub surface shader versus standard. I’m finding often these aren’t getting labeled so I can tell them apart at a glance.

I would like to see the entire content system reworked. It has the feel of a kludge on top of a patch on top of a fix. It is clunky, sprawling, and completely inefficient.  Daz Studio’s entire content management system feels like it was an after thought, added at the last minute by programmers who realized they built this software with absolutely no way for people to find anything in it. It has to be one of the messiest parts of the entire program.

23 of 54