Here’s my wishlist
1. I would like the ability to tilt background images at different degrees other than vertical/horizontal. Sometimes I want to pan a camera at an angle, and it would be useful to me if I could also change the angle of the background picture, so that say a cloudy sky picture I’m using could match the camera angle, because sometimes it looks funky if the clouds are going horizonatl and the screen image is not angeled that way.
2. Would like it if backgrounds/backdrops could be affected by the depth of field camera lens. I use backdrops/grounds a lot, to save resources, but they usually are behind something. It looks odd to have them sharply in focus. Yeah, I can post work them to be blurry but, it would be cool if I didn’t have to.
3. I’d like some way to capture the perspective camera. When I was a newbie starting out, I was so frustrated when I’d use the perspective camera, get the angle right, and it wouldn’t save. I didn’t realize I could create my own camera, but sometimes that perspective camera has a great angle or shot I’d like to caputer.
4. I’d like a better way to handle interior lighting. I love light sets, but I have difficulty lighting a room that has a ceiling if lights aren’t included with the model. PErhaps an ‘adhere to ceiling option’ for a light set?
5. I want to backup categories reliably and easily. I don’t want to have to ever make them again. I think dim is a great improvement for reinstalling content but the categories and setting those up takes hours. I want to spend time with daz not organizing.
6. I would like the import metadata tab to have items listed by product name. It is sometimes hard to find items there unless you know their number. Perhaps a columnular search. I have increasingly had to use this feature and it is frustrating not to be able to find my items.
7. Would like better way to troubleshoot database issues. I seem to be getting an increasing problem where content doesn’t appear properly in the content directory and I must reimport metadata. I find it frustrating to spend so much time troubleshooting content., reimporting its metadata etc. I know this is a problem with my database, but it seems to get constipated now and then.
8. Would like daz to tell me when the daz content manager isn’t running so that it can be started. when I was just starting out, this was a constant issue and I spent hours trying to figure out why content wasn’t showing when this was the culprit.
Thats all I have for now.