Digital Art Zone

17 of 47
What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?
Posted: 04 March 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 241 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1554
Joined  2009-08-08

Ability to import and use Bryce models. I mean, it’s geometry, right?

Posted: 04 March 2013 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 242 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4474
Joined  2004-08-11
JOdel - 04 March 2013 12:06 PM

Ability to import and use Bryce models. I mean, it’s geometry, right?

I’d like that too.  I have some old Bryce models that would come in handy.  I know you can export via Bryce but it would be nice to not have to load that app.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 04 March 2013 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 243 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13704
Joined  2003-10-09
beregar - 04 March 2013 10:00 AM

Batch rename where you can selectively rename portions of multiple scene items simultaneously…

i.e. I may want to rename a collection of tables for example if I’ve typoed “table” without losing running numbering or other parts of the name. I.e. I want to be able to rename tabl01, tabl02 to table01, table02 etc without having to do that individually.

Seriously I’d kill for this right now.

My freebie for the Christmas PA giveaway a couple of years ago was scripts relating to selections, including a batch rename. I must get those back up again - I think the links died with the switch to Magento.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 04 March 2013 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 244 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13704
Joined  2003-10-09

And heer you are http://ovbi.org/~rhaseltine/data/RHSelectionTools.zip

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 12 March 2013 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 245 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25

strange that this still is not a sticky…

all those useful input requests made by the users here about future improvement, is it actually been used?
or will user input again ignored?
just wondering…

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

Posted: 12 March 2013 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 246 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

I doubt it’s being ignored.  That it’s not a sticky doesn’t bother me very much.  The interest is obviously there, and even though DAZ employees don’t often post (it’s likely due to DAZ policy) I’ll bet they read the forums often enough. That’s a guess on my part, but I’d put money on it.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 12 March 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 247 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2005-08-25
wancow - 12 March 2013 09:56 AM

I doubt it’s being ignored.  That it’s not a sticky doesn’t bother me very much.  The interest is obviously there, and even though DAZ employees don’t often post (it’s likely due to DAZ policy) I’ll bet they read the forums often enough. That’s a guess on my part, but I’d put money on it.

yeah you’re probably right.
they probably have not much time with so few people.

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(620 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

Posted: 12 March 2013 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 248 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2003-10-09

I wouldn’t make it too much money.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 12 March 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 249 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10
chohole - 12 March 2013 10:03 AM

I wouldn’t make it too much money.

You trying to rain on my parade, Chohole?  Damn… now I’m all depressed… I guess I’ll just have to make a scene or start a fight… maybe that’ll get DAZ’s attention raspberry smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 12 March 2013 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 250 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2005-11-13
Richard Haseltine - 04 March 2013 01:52 PM

And heer you are http://ovbi.org/~rhaseltine/data/RHSelectionTools.zip

Thank you (and sorry for delay)! smile

Posted: 12 March 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 251 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  996
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ Studio 5?  My wish is simply…....

a few years away. PLEASE. Let me get my content straight and my knowledge of 4.5 and Genesis farther along before anything new. Thank you very much.

Posted: 12 March 2013 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 252 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10

LOL Spit!  I’m loath to try to disagree… smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 14 March 2013 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 253 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2012-12-18

One thing I’d REALLY like to see is the ability to import formats not commonly supported by free 3D conversion utilities, esp. Bryce files (since Bryce is no longer free)
Carrara and Vue would also be at the top of my list.  I couldn’t care less about DAE, FBX, DXF, or 3DS since most 3D conversion programs convert these to poser and/or wavefront format already, and therefore I think it would be a huge waste of time for DAZ to make these formats importable.  Also allow DAZ to read .bump files for old Poser models.  Oh, and another big one!!  Allow DAZ to read MC5 and MC6 files!  There are so many wonderful free and commercial Poser shaders out there!

I’d also like to see a fix for the crackle effect that appears on imported Wavefront files when using Uberenviro light 3, though I know this is more Omnifreaker’s domain (so I hope he reads this!)

Another one—allow an option when importing for a popup menu or such asking for “original format” of the wavefront file for automatic rescaling.

Oh, and a big one—BETTER AND MORE COMPLETE BUILT IN HELP UTILITY, DAMMIT!!!  Yeah, I know what accept and cancel do.  I want to know what raytracing, rigging, point at, and things of that nature do.

Oh, and fix the bugs in 4.5.  That one is top priority, of course.

2nd top priority—BIG ONE—allow for a “Move object to Center” option under Object/Figures.  A lot of imported files are loaded at an offset by mistake.

Sorry if any of these were already mentioned—I searched “import” on the first page, but forgot to search for the others.

Posted: 03 April 2013 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 254 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2006-09-02

Please is there is there any possible news about DAZ Studio 5 from the DAZ team?

Is this the main thread about DAZ Studio 5 or there is another one?

Would there be finally a proper and real full manual for DAZ Studio?

Because I think that if you want to be able to learn better how to use a software is much better to start from a PDF manual that you can browse and that is updated up to the latest version. The video tutorials are very good and very useful and great BUT they are NOT a replacement for a good manual.

I am sorry that I have not read the whole thread.

I am wondering if DAZ Studio 5 is going to be available sometime this year, or the DAZ Team is working in other projects that may have more priority and more important that could earn more money for DAZ and so it would be the release of DAZ Studio 5 for next year 2014?

As now DAZ Studio is free, they will not get any profit from selling it it could be more important to get first more products to sell for DAZ Studio 4.5 than spend more time than needed for DAZ Studio 5.

Thanks

Posted: 03 April 2013 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 255 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15343
Joined  2003-10-09

This is a thread started by a forum member, it is not a thread started by anyone connected to DAZ 3D, and as such it consists of wish lists posted by other forum members.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

17 of 47