Digital Art Zone

15 of 54
What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?
Posted: 18 January 2013 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 211 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2978
Joined  2004-04-14
fixme12 - 18 January 2013 01:22 AM
Richard Haseltine - 16 January 2013 08:26 AM

As I said last time you asked about that, the need there is for an importer for the desired application - it’s not a feature of DS.

I had a very busy month…
forgot that I asked this question earlier. shut eye
Why did daz created a dson exporter for poser?
If daz can do this for poser, why not for other 3d software?

DAZ3D cannot do everything.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 19 January 2013 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 212 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6446
Joined  2006-02-20

As I said last time you asked about that, the need there is for an importer for the desired application - it’s not a feature of DS.

I had a very busy month…

Because SmithMicro had to do something first for Poser, before Daz could do something about it.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 19 January 2013 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 213 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8230
Joined  2009-05-14
Kerya - 19 January 2013 01:47 AM

I had a very busy month…

Because SmithMicro had to do something first for Poser, before Daz could do something about it.

Exactly. I read some nice info in Paolo’s Reality 3 for Poser thread over on RDNA regarding how the DSON Importer came to be. Not in depth but just enough to understand. smile Here is the thread http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?72442-Reality-3-development-journal can’t remember what page.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 19 January 2013 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 214 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

I had a very busy month…

Heh… they could make a MAYA Plug-in… but they’d have to charge like $500 or so for it to make it worth doing.

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 19 January 2013 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 215 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10
Szark - 19 January 2013 08:29 AM

Exactly. I read some nice info in Paolo’s Reality 3 for Poser thread over on RDNA regarding how the DSON Importer came to be. Not in depth but just enough to understand. smile Here is the thread http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?72442-Reality-3-development-journal can’t remember what page.

Found it:
http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?72442-Reality-3-development-journal/page9
Pret A 3D Said;

That is so nice of you to say. As you know I started the Reality project with Studio and I am making a living today because of all the people who daily buy Reality. There are a few thousands of you crazy Reality artists out there now!
The most often requested feature for Reality was… a Poser version. After I released version 2 I decided to see if it was possible to make it happen. Up to thatnp point there where technical obstacles that stopped me from writing Reality for Poser. That is because I care so much about the user experience. What Reality aims to be is a rendering system that makes the task of using something as complex as Lux simple and fun to use. To do that it is needed to have a very sophisticated level of intereaction between the user, the software and the hosting application, Poser in this case. At that time Poser didn’t have the infrastructure to provide that level of interaction and integration.

This is why I contacted Smith Micro at the beginning of this year to see if they would work together to bridge the gap that exsisted at that time. They have been just wonderful in embracing this project and, for the first time in years, they added an expansion to their API ( Application Programming Interface ). This expansion, the new Add-on Framework, has been designed in cooperation between our two companies and had caused some additional “side effects”, like the DSON plugin for Poser.

What is emerging, as Reality 3, is a brand new architecture that will allow me to bring this technology to other platforms. Poser will get i be first because Studio users had Reality for two years already. After the Poser versions is out I will work on the connection for Studio. My goal is to bring the Reality technology and User Experience to several platforms so that artists will use whatever “flavor” they prefer.

I have to say that I am very impressed by what I see happening in Smith Micro. The level of dedication that they have for their software and the plans for the future (don’t ask, I can’t tell) are impressive. I had left Poser for a while, since I was working with Studio so much, but when I started working with it again I started appreciating more and more its rebustness and sophistication.

Regardless, whatever program you prefer there will be a great Reality solution for it.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

Posted: 19 January 2013 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 216 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6010
Joined  2005-04-16
WitchStorm - 17 June 2012 07:04 AM

I am not looking forward to Daz 5. I bought Daz 4 Pro, and would like it to be fixed before they even think about Daz 5.

Yes!  What she said!

Features?

1. Stability
2. Everything working that is there already!
3. Did I mention stability?

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 19 January 2013 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 217 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12133
Joined  2007-11-06
DanaTA - 19 January 2013 03:23 PM
WitchStorm - 17 June 2012 07:04 AM

I am not looking forward to Daz 5. I bought Daz 4 Pro, and would like it to be fixed before they even think about Daz 5.

Yes!  What she said!

Features?

1. Stability
2. Everything working that is there already!
3. Did I mention stability?

Dana

...hear hear.

...along with updated documentation in downloadable PDF format.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 19 January 2013 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 218 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Mattymanx - 18 January 2013 03:35 PM

I had a very busy month…

..what? You mean they won’t make my morning coffee, clean the flat, fold my laundry, or make sure the buses run on time?

Signature 

Posted: 20 January 2013 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 219 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9315
Joined  2007-11-06
Kyoto Kid - 19 January 2013 03:57 PM
Mattymanx - 18 January 2013 03:35 PM

I had a very busy month…

..what? You mean they won’t make my morning coffee, clean the flat, fold my laundry, or make sure the buses run on time?

Morning Coffee:  have you seen that Geico commercial?  CGI coffee tastes terrible.
Clean the flat:  it’ll be as neat and organized as your content folder.
Fold my laundry:  needs morphs for that.
Buses running on time:  no, no one can do that.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 11 February 2013 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 220 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-07-17

needs multi pass - z depth-external render capabilities(maxwell) and better 3d export (cinema 4d)...make facial expressions exportable with figures (wtf)...and either start making the products in ya catalog werk with new versions of daz…or put them on a legacy server…i go thru all ya’ll cool plug ins…and none of them work…but ya’ll still wasting time n money on hosting them…and ripping off customers:lol:

Posted: 11 February 2013 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 221 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14
yungexec - 11 February 2013 10:44 PM

needs multi pass - z depth-external render capabilities(maxwell) and better 3d export (cinema 4d)...make facial expressions exportable with figures (wtf)...and either start making the products in ya catalog werk with new versions of daz…or put them on a legacy server…i go thru all ya’ll cool plug ins…and none of them work…but ya’ll still wasting time n money on hosting them…and ripping off customers:lol:

DAZ3D has a 30 day return policy.  Contact them here - https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

Fill in the required info and they WILL refund you for those plugins that do not work in DS45.

Make sure you check the product page closely to ensure that its states it works in DS45.

DAZ Studio will export OBJ which is the most universal 3D format.  When you move a model from one app to another it is NEVER perfect and will always require work.  There is no way to avoid this as all apps have thier own ways of doing the same thing.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 13 February 2013 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 222 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-07-17

wow…amazing response time…what about multi pass at least for z depth passes…thats all daz is missing…unless ya’ll fix mood masters2…thanx matty

LOL

Posted: 13 February 2013 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 223 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...that would have to be taken up with DreamLight.

Still waiting to see he will come around and update MM and LDP for 4.5

I still have 3Advanced installed so I can use them.

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2013 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 224 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-04-14
yungexec - 13 February 2013 01:36 AM

wow…amazing response time…what about multi pass at least for z depth passes…thats all daz is missing…unless ya’ll fix mood masters2…thanx matty

LOL

For Z-Depth, there is this product - http://www.daz3d.com/atmospheric-effects-cameras-for-daz-studio

As for multi pass, I am not sure what is going on under the hood for DS when it renders.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART

Posted: 14 February 2013 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 225 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-12-10

DFORMS: the ability to use DFORM with the POLYGON GROUP EDITOR so I can select specific groups for the DFORM to Affect

TOO: the ability to easy replace morphs… and by that, I mean something such as a baked clothing morph for say, V5… so, if I make adjustments via DForm to an item, I can easily replace the baked morph from there…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery

15 of 54