Digital Art Zone

13 of 58
What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?
Posted: 04 January 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2673
Joined  2011-12-10

Ever the instigator, I must add another feature I would love:

OpenSubDiv! smile

http://graphics.pixar.com/opensubdiv/

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 04 January 2013 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
ShawnDonaldson - 04 January 2013 06:16 PM
wancow - 29 December 2012 03:59 PM

CONTENT LIBRARY: I’d LOVE to be able to have two content library tabs open!!! Boy would that be sweet!

Second that!  Having to jump between Figures and Poses and drilling back down to the item wastes a lot of time.

Also under Smart Content, every time we click on a different object, Smart Content resets to the root level.  So, If I’m trying to pick out a good combination of pants and shirt, I have to click on the pants and apply a Material.  Then I click on the shirt, find a Material for it.  When I click back on Pants, I have to drill back down to the Pants Materials.  Maybe some way Daz could remember where Smart Content was for the last few items selected?

It’s probably not done for the same reason a ‘recover state’ isn’t made…it will be rather memory/resource intensive to implement.  But it would be nice to have…maybe even get me to want to use SC.  Right now I don’t really see all that many benefits to using SC…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 05 January 2013 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12555
Joined  2007-11-06

...how about being able to set the maximum number of undo steps like you can in Hexagon

...even better, an “undo history” like Gimp has where you can select and reset to a specific point in the undo stack.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 05 January 2013 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4524
Joined  2007-09-13
Kyoto Kid - 05 January 2013 12:34 AM

...how about being able to set the maximum number of undo steps like you can in Hexagon

...even better, an “undo history” like Gimp has where you can select and reset to a specific point in the undo stack.

Yeah, that way we decide how much memory to turn over to that…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 06 January 2013 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-12-12

How about no new features till the core features currently available are at least 95% bug free and fully functional?

I would love to use DS4.5 and Genesis. I do go back and forth every day about whether to install it on my new comp because I see so many great renders coming out using Genesis. But there are too many plugins that aren’t updated that I use, UberArea Lights that I hear are still not functioning properly, CMS stability issues for some people, memory leaks “still” ongoing, etc…etc.

I would love to make a wishlist for DS5 that would included dynamic hair, soft bodied dynamics [for all objects], particles, selective illumination/shadows…but I can’t because I think build 5 would be just another 3/4 completed application. .

So therefore I stick with DS3A and work on learning Poser Pro 2012…  downer

Signature 

Specs: Win7 x64 • Gigabyte GTX 570 • Gigabyte P45T-ES3G • Intel Core2 Quad 3.0ghz • 16gb Ram
Click For My Rendo Gallery Old Post Count 910

Posted: 06 January 2013 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3427
Joined  2007-06-22

Uber area lights are working and have been for quite a while.
Memory leaks no worse than previosly, I’ve never had a problem with the CMS.

Posted: 06 January 2013 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2315
Joined  2005-09-05
scorpio64dragon - 06 January 2013 01:13 PM

I have but only after a crash caused by a beta plug-in

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 06 January 2013 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2007-12-12
scorpio64dragon - 06 January 2013 01:13 PM

I stand corrected about the area lights, the post I saw was actually from September so I would guess that an update was released to fix whatever problems there were with them. I don’t frequent the forums too much now.

A memory leak is a memory leak and was bad in DS2, bad in DS3, bad in DS4 and if it is still present in 4.5, then that is after all still bad.

The thread here speaks about people having trouble with the CMS and it all of a sudden not working: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/10767/P15

The last post describes the fix which worked for the OP but I have seen quiet a few posts as part of other threads describing issues with the CMS. Whether is is a Windows update issue, OS 32bit vs 64bit issue, anti-virus/firewall issue, etc, I can’t say. But I have a fresh computer build and I do not want to load something that I will have to troubleshoot every other day.

DS3A is fairly stable so far. All the plugins I use are working in it and the only thing lacking is the ability to use Genesis.

Signature 

Specs: Win7 x64 • Gigabyte GTX 570 • Gigabyte P45T-ES3G • Intel Core2 Quad 3.0ghz • 16gb Ram
Click For My Rendo Gallery Old Post Count 910

Posted: 07 January 2013 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6578
Joined  2006-02-20

You know that you can have DS3 AND DS4.5 on the same computer? Just in case you didn’t know ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 07 January 2013 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  667
Joined  2007-05-26

How about an auto_skin_fit for Genesis that would include V2,V3,M2,M3 character skins.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 07 January 2013 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2011-01-15

1) i would like more video tutorials,

2) weigh map brush. tutorials

3) very hard to find good Videos On youtube showing how to use all of the tools in Daz 4.5
4) More help PDF files on the subject.

i would hope that everything that works in 4.5 will also work in the new daz . ie, victoria 3 , 4, old stuff
not only Genisis .

5) character presets, i would like that this would save all of the attributes at the moment with 4.5 cloths and hair don’t all save as a character preset. i’m talking about character presets i have made myself .

6) smart menue: in unassigned scenes, actors,  i have created ie in preset “characters”..  sometimes it’s there in smart menue
and then it’s gone again.

7) mostly finding stuff in DAZ is the a pain.  if you “sellect all”  and “save” this does not save all attributes if you save to character presets.
the result is only wardrobe items come back when loading the character.

yes saves as “scene” works, but i would like to save as complete character with cloths hair, eyes boots everything!

not sure how to word this :
Example:  Mat LD stockings in is pose menue, Figures menue is the “the cr2 file”  “underneath” this is required in the same menue.
to make it easy to find.

Example “monagen” in figures menue   is a cr2 file Monagen MAT file is in the “Pose” menue

This is normaly not a problem untill you have 50 items or more, then scrolling through the long lists In Each
different menue takes a lot of time .

normally i need to find Mats in one menue then search for the textures some other places and search for the
different cloths types modifications
simple style is in Pose menue pz2 file.. and the Mats are in the pose menue cr2 file is in the figures menue.

all i am asking is please make it easyer to find things ( or suggestion icons yellow) to say where to find associated complanion files.

Signature 

smilemalmaoo

Posted: 07 January 2013 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2011-01-15
Kyoto Kid - 05 January 2013 12:34 AM

yes i like the idea of an undo button that works for everything!!!!!

a sort of ultimate undo!
at the moment in edit there is an Undo function.. but it is limmited to only a few things
not everything will undo.
if you make a mistake on selection Merge Or load item everything is lost and there is no Undo
if you make this little mistake hours of work are gone forever there is no Undo for this kind of mistake!!

so please make one!
mal

Signature 

smilemalmaoo

Posted: 07 January 2013 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3037
Joined  2004-04-14
Malmaoo - 07 January 2013 10:22 AM

1) i would like more video tutorials,

2) weigh map brush. tutorials

3) very hard to find good Videos On youtube showing how to use all of the tools in Daz 4.5
4) More help PDF files on the subject.

I think what you really want is the manual.  As do a lot of us.

i would hope that everything that works in 4.5 will also work in the new daz . ie, victoria 3 , 4, old stuff
not only Genisis .

They won t take away the backward compatiblity.  They would no longer be able to sell 95%+ of thier store if they did.

mostly finding stuff in DAZ is the a pain.

all i am asking is please make it easyer to find things ( or suggestion icons yellow) to say where to find associated complanion files.

It is impossable to please everyone, especially when it comes to how to organize content.  Some people love using the Content Manager while others like me wont touch it.  Not to mention that DAZ3D cannot force other content providers to sort as they do too. 

The best bet for organization, is to do it yourself, for yourself. 

If you look here - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/306/ - you will see some DS4 tutorials at the top of the list for content management using the CMS.

If you dont want to use the CMS and still organize it, then look here - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2460/#32068 - This does not really touch on DS only content though the same method can still be used with DS only content.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 07 January 2013 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12555
Joined  2007-11-06
Kerya - 07 January 2013 01:43 AM

You know that you can have DS3 AND DS4.5 on the same computer? Just in case you didn’t know ...

...I actually have 2.3, 3.1Advanced and 4.5 Pro all installed on the same HD. as some older content doesn’t play very well with newer versions.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 08 January 2013 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2004-03-05

Documentation… documentation… documentation

13 of 58