Digital Art Zone

12 of 47
What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?
Posted: 30 December 2012 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10773
Joined  2007-11-06
wancow - 29 December 2012 05:20 PM
JOdel - 29 December 2012 04:54 PM

Improving autofit so that it can handle long skirts without either breaking the mesh at the bottyom front, or putting nasty texture stretching at center front would be vastly welcome. Nearly everything else comes in without too big of a hassle (so long as it was originally made for a supported figure) but it still chokes on the skirts.

Alternately, a different rigging for skirts anywhere beyond mini length. Those too often tend to cling to the legs and give the texture stretching front and center. I’m sure that skirts and pants were rigged differently before Genesis.

I keep meaning to ask if there’s some alternative to the AutoFit or Transfer utility… I’ve seen some dresses that are rigged amazingly, and it would be nice to simply adapt that rig for Genesis, no matter how tedious it is to do so.

...on this note, expanded/improved clothing fit options for the Transfer Utility. fit menu.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 30 December 2012 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13690
Joined  2003-10-09
Kyoto Kid - 30 December 2012 12:20 AM

Improving autofit so that it can handle long skirts without either breaking the mesh at the bottyom front, or putting nasty texture stretching at center front would be vastly welcome. Nearly everything else comes in without too big of a hassle (so long as it was originally made for a supported figure) but it still chokes on the skirts.

Alternately, a different rigging for skirts anywhere beyond mini length. Those too often tend to cling to the legs and give the texture stretching front and center. I’m sure that skirts and pants were rigged differently before Genesis.

I keep meaning to ask if there’s some alternative to the AutoFit or Transfer utility… I’ve seen some dresses that are rigged amazingly, and it would be nice to simply adapt that rig for Genesis, no matter how tedious it is to do so.

...on this note, expanded/improved clothing fit options for the Transfer Utility. fit menu.

A clone shape will appear in the Transfer Utility as well as in AutoFit, so adding new figures is just a question of creating a clone shape - which of course needs the creator or rights owner’s permission, if it’s to be distributed.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 30 December 2012 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1829
Joined  2011-07-31

I would like to have a manual and an auto-save feature.

Signature 

AtticAnne in Austin TX

FREE GANGSTER RPG GAME

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Richard Haseltine - 30 December 2012 08:30 AM

A clone shape will appear in the Transfer Utility as well as in AutoFit, so adding new figures is just a question of creating a clone shape - which of course needs the creator or rights owner’s permission, if it’s to be distributed.

...figures are not so much the issue (especially if one has Gen X and the various legacy body shapes). I was referring to the clothing style options that appear in the Transfer Utility pop up menu.  There need to be more such as “Skirt Floor Length (loose/tight), Coat - Long/Short (loose/tight), Neckwear (loose/tight) and more options within a couple of the current ones (some only have “tight” but not “loose” fit).

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1550
Joined  2009-08-08
Kyoto Kid - 30 December 2012 02:13 PM
Richard Haseltine - 30 December 2012 08:30 AM

...figures are not so much the issue (especially if one has Gen X and the various legacy body shapes). I was referring to the clothing style options that appear in the Transfer Utility pop up menu.  There need to be more such as “Skirt Floor Length (loose/tight), Coat - Long/Short (loose/tight), Neckwear (loose/tight) and more options within a couple of the current ones (some only have “tight” but not “loose” fit).

Add ‘Robe, Floor Length’ (not sure that any of those would really be qualified as tight). The Gen4 Mage Robe and Sorceress Gown are too good to have to abandon. Nor are they the only long one-piece garments that could use a better conversion utility.

Posted: 30 December 2012 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...same for the Trinity, Steampunk Cowboy, and Raiver long coats as well as the Seaworthy PeaCoat and Sensibility series.

Signature 

Posted: 30 December 2012 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1550
Joined  2009-08-08

Pretty much anything remotely historical period, too. Which means a lot of what people use the program for.

Posted: 03 January 2013 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-27

I think DS5 should have better exporting e.g to Modo, Silo3d, Unity3d, 3Ds Max and more cause exporting Genesis figures isnt looking good.
And Kinect Motion Capture for animations.

Posted: 03 January 2013 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2794
Joined  2004-04-14
matthewc07 - 03 January 2013 01:28 PM

I think DS5 should have better exporting e.g to Modo, Silo3d, Unity3d, 3Ds Max and more cause exporting Genesis figures isnt looking good.

DS45 uses subdivision to smooth Genesis.  In order to get Genesis as smooth in a different app, you will need to apply subdivision to it in that app.  You can export Genesis as an OBJ as base resolution for use in any other app if you desire to model clothes or morphs for it.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 03 January 2013 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
matthewc07 - 03 January 2013 01:28 PM

And if you are talking about a rigged version…I don’t know of any app that exports a rigged character that doesn’t need tweaking to a total rebuild of the rig when imported into another app.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 03 January 2013 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4129
Joined  2011-11-25

I would love it if genesis base model wasn’t. Hidden under starter essentials I really don’t find the location that easy to find. Would love it if I could locate these files was more prominent.

Posted: 03 January 2013 11:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
SereneNight - 03 January 2013 10:03 PM

I would love it if genesis base model wasn’t. Hidden under starter essentials I really don’t find the location that easy to find. Would love it if I could locate these files was more prominent.

I’m not sure what you mean—are you talking about locating the user-facing file in the Content Library, or locating the data file?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 04 January 2013 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4129
Joined  2011-11-25
fixmypcmike - 03 January 2013 11:07 PM

I’m not sure what you mean—are you talking about locating the user-facing file in the Content Library, or locating the data file?

Sorry for any confusion. It seems in my previous version of daz, locating genesis, and textures for men and women was easier. Now to find genesis base model if I do not use the initial one loaded, or wish to add another I must go to Products>people>genesis starter essentials>people>Genesis to click on basic genesis. This is a lot of clicks.

Secondly, I would love if textures and figures were categorized better.

An example of this is I have James for M5, but he is listed under genesis product, not under products for M5, so unless I know that I must go to the basic genesis directory to locate M5 skin, I cannot find him. Likewise Gabriel is not in the M5 directory, but in Genesis category.
When for example I click Genesis, and highlight it, and go to Michael 5, it does not show

I find this confusing, I guess. This is in my smart content.

Posted: 04 January 2013 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1386
Joined  2006-07-04
SereneNight - 04 January 2013 12:40 AM
fixmypcmike - 03 January 2013 11:07 PM

Sorry for any confusion. It seems in my previous version of daz, locating genesis, and textures for men and women was easier. Now to find genesis base model if I do not use the initial one loaded, or wish to add another I must go to Products>people>genesis starter essentials>people>Genesis to click on basic genesis. This is a lot of clicks.

Secondly, I would love if textures and figures were categorized better.

An example of this is I have James for M5, but he is listed under genesis product, not under products for M5, so unless I know that I must go to the basic genesis directory to locate M5 skin, I cannot find him. Likewise Gabriel is not in the M5 directory, but in Genesis category.
When for example I click Genesis, and highlight it, and go to Michael 5, it does not show

I find this confusing, I guess. This is in my smart content.

I admit, I don’t use smart content for loading “base” items (Sets, figures, etc.)  So I find Genesis in Content Library tab under DS Formats->My Library->People->Genesis.  Might be in Categories->Default->People too, but I never use the default categories.  (For me, Smart content is only for locating textures for clothes, hair, props, etc.  I don’t even use it for loading Genesis characters or clothing.)  I also never use the product view unless I’m having trouble finding parts after the first install.

But then, the folders view is what works best for the way I think.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 04 January 2013 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  39
Joined  2009-11-20
wancow - 29 December 2012 03:59 PM

CONTENT LIBRARY: I’d LOVE to be able to have two content library tabs open!!! Boy would that be sweet!

Second that!  Having to jump between Figures and Poses and drilling back down to the item wastes a lot of time.

Also under Smart Content, every time we click on a different object, Smart Content resets to the root level.  So, If I’m trying to pick out a good combination of pants and shirt, I have to click on the pants and apply a Material.  Then I click on the shirt, find a Material for it.  When I click back on Pants, I have to drill back down to the Pants Materials.  Maybe some way Daz could remember where Smart Content was for the last few items selected?

12 of 47