Digital Art Zone

9 of 58
What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?
Posted: 21 December 2012 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2008-04-10
Ivy - 10 December 2012 01:27 AM

The on going issue with Animate2 for animation and genesis with the shoes crunching up and some character toes will curl up once you add the ani block…

Most find the Genesis-Offset block works decent.  It is not hard to make your own.
- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/8256/#109178

and a big issue i have with daz4.5 and ani-block that is most frustrating is when you add a ani-block to a character you spent a hour or so setting up getting the morphs right, it’s all lost once you add the ani-block to genesis,  the morph will revert the character to the default morph and having to add a script to correct it for every render cycle is a pain and slows work flow.

No aniBlock from GoFigure has done this.  When does this happen for you?

Posted: 22 December 2012 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  926
Joined  2005-11-06
Knight22179 - 29 September 2012 11:54 AM

A layout that is very much like Poser (but without actually making SmithMicro angry at Daz). That way, more Poser users can be attracted to Daz Studio because many are turned off by the interface.

That is mainly because these users don’t want to take the time to learn something new. Every program has it’s own unique UI, some worse than others. I hated the UI for DS for the longest time, but learned it to take advantage of a few things DS specific and actually love DS4.5 now.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 22 December 2012 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12592
Joined  2007-11-06

...with the Darkside UI and optional Content Tree view, it feels and functions pretty close to older versions of the application.  While I first thought it as bothersome, the Camera Cube is so much easier and more precise to use than the old orbit control.

One thing I find though is that the item selection tool needs to be a bit more precise.  Often times I just want to select a single body part or prop but it frequently ends up selecting either the whole figure or the entire scene set in the background.

I also agree, a sculpting tool would be a nice addition.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15803
Joined  2003-10-09
spamiment - 21 December 2012 09:29 PM

Here is what drives me nuts with your software. When you want to pose or move your character the control axis is either right on top
of the thing you want to move as a finger, or so far away that it is not even in the same room as with moving a character. It needs to
be smart and be in the sceen you are in, and not on top of the thing you want to move. Or have a button on it to move the control
wherever you want it, so you can see what you are doing.

The viewport widget appears on the origin of the selected node. If you are going to use the Parameters pane to do the posing you can use the Node Selection Tool, which doesn’t have a widget to get in the way. If you ue the hip, rather than the root Genesis node, for positioning then the widget will be local (but then it will leave the root node’s origin in the centre of the scene, which will be away from the repositioned figure, so you need to be consistent about which you use).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 22 December 2012 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3541
Joined  2009-08-05

I want self collision smoothing. EG if I make Genesis finger press into the arm I want to see an indentation:) Using invisible suits and props is not an answer. They are too limiting and Genesis can only collide with one at a time. Or if this cannot happen, make an actor able to collide with multiple objects.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2003-12-16

A complete rethinking of the user interface.

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 22 December 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4720
Joined  2011-11-25

I want to be able to move characters easier in different parts of large sets easier. Woe bedide you if you want to place a character on a balconey or at the side of a screen. Lots of paramenter moving and such.

Ability to specify where characters are posed.

Abilitiy to make any surface ‘ground’. I hate getting a new set, and having the characters feed dip down into the ground because it is rocky or raisesd.

Abililty to really delete content fom content manager. I find if I uninstall content, there is some legacy stuff sometimes left in my runtime. I’d love to be able to just click and delete and remove ‘em

Ability to easier focus the character’s eyes, or move to face eachother for posing. Sometimes I think a character is well posed, move around to a different view, and nope, they aren’ even looking towards eachother. So would love a way to ‘group interract characters so they are both facing eachother, and in the character’s line of sight… Natually.

Posted: 23 December 2012 06:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  307
Joined  2005-08-25

Can we get a STICKY from this thread?
it’s important for daz improvement, that all daz users can have their input and not only a few that found this thread.
just an idea. smile

Signature 

DAZSTUDIO FUTURE REQUESTS - CLICK ME TO JOIN
Feel free to join, sign and vote for dazstudio future improvements.
(666 users and still counting up to 1000) would like to see improvements, and you?

What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Posted: 23 December 2012 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3436
Joined  2007-06-22
StratDragon - 22 December 2012 10:04 AM

A complete rethinking of the user interface.

Last thing I want.

Posted: 23 December 2012 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-10-15

The viewport widget appears on the origin of the selected node. If you are going to use the Parameters pane to do the posing you can use the Node Selection Tool, which doesn’t have a widget to get in the way. If you ue the hip, rather than the root Genesis node, for positioning then the widget will be local (but then it will leave the root node’s origin in the centre of the scene, which will be away from the repositioned figure, so you need to be consistent about which you use).

This sound to me like bad programming skills, to make us work, so you don’t have to. Sounds like Bill Gates to me.
And you proved my point “which will be away from the repositioned figure” There should be a way to move the
widget or you make the program where it is always in the pane that we are working in, but not on top of what we
are posing. And people are saying there needs to be a sculpting tool to take your product into the future, and
not be a “toy program” as people are saying. I think your product can be the best out there, if you get over your
Bill Gates mentality. You do the work so we don’t have to, not the other way around. Blow away the competition,
or I am going to start a software business again and put you all out of business. No body had to ask how to use
my software, it was so easy to use they did not have to ask. I mean 20 .exe files just to load one product. Give
me a break. They should all be like genesis, one .exe file with options to load a character.

Posted: 23 December 2012 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

If the widget moves away from the actual origin then using it to rotate or scale will have unexpected results - hardly user-friendly. The conceptual problem is that the root, “Genesis” in the Scene pane, is not tied to the figure - that can be a good thing (if you set up a multi-figure group using the hips to ge the relative positions you can then apply the same transformations to all of the root nodes to place the group in the scene). Personally I’m not convinced that losing that, or having rotation and scaling occur relative to a different point from the widget being used to apply them, would be desirable but I’m not a developer - if you have a concept of how you would like it to work make a bug report, setting the severity to feature, so that the development team can review it.

Signature 

Posted: 23 December 2012 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12592
Joined  2007-11-06

...it would be nice if you could actually assign and save an individual name to a figure in the scene tab. That would be very helpful when working with multiple figures instead of just having them labelled “Genesis, Genesis(2), Genesis(3)” etc…

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 23 December 2012 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11
Kyoto Kid - 23 December 2012 02:53 PM

...it would be nice if you could actually assign and save an individual name to a figure in the scene tab. That would be very helpful when working with multiple figures instead of just having them labelled “Genesis, Genesis(2), Genesis(3)” etc…

Very easy to do.  Just click on the Genesis 1 2 or 3 once or twice in the Scene tab.  It will highlight and you can name it what ever you want.  When you save your scene the named Genesis’s will save with their new names.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 23 December 2012 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

First click selects the item, clicking on an item that is selected makes the name editable - as with file names in Windows.

Signature 

Posted: 23 December 2012 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1504
Joined  2006-07-04

I’d like to be able to temporarily turn off smoothing on the Scene level, like preview lights.  That way I don’t have slow down while I’m setting up the scene, but I also don’t have to remember which items did and didn’t have smoothing enabled when turning it on and off with batch select.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

9 of 58