New Site Issue List - some collected from other thread
EDIT- I removed the Original Preamble to the list.
I also reordered things in a more logical manner. (I hope)
First thing. I have to agree with Zooks; the boy and girls at DAZ are working hard to get everything right.
Thank You to the DAZ Web Team for their hard work so far on the new site. :coolsmile:
Putting a complex site together takes time and everything can go as smoothly as 20 grit sandpaper. (Very rough indeed!)
If you think we are frustrated, turn the table and think about their frustration and having to deal with all of us, due to these issues.
This thread was not started to bash DAZ for everything wrong with the site.
I started it as a collection point for the items we, the users, have found in our travels through the new site.
With thousands of us using the store and forum, we are going to find things that the test team didn't, cause Users do that.
So while the DAZ Web Team is busy working on issue, can help by recording a list of things we see.
Remember a Known Issues is Zendesk, the Issue Reporting Tool, isn't connected in yet. (Yup Still Broken)
So, if you see an issue missing from this list or a correction to a posted issue, please post it.
I will be editing this, to add posted issue; make Corrections; give work arounds and solutions. (I may reorder the colors later)
If I find a issue in another Thread I will bring it here and make a Link to the original post.
It is my hope this list will become all
lined out soon. (That nifty strike through is [ del ] [ /del ] remove the extra spaces)
So here is the List of “Oo, I like that new Feature!” :coolsmile: , the Bugs and Omissions :coolmad: , and the Wishlist :question: .
Forum Annoyances You have control over:
1) Email Flood for Thread Responses
-- This is a setting within "Your Control Panel" under "Email Setting"
-- You uncheck "Enable email notifications by default when you post messages"
-- Okay here is an issue, the Forum doesn't remember your preference for each Thread
-- Then remember to check the "Notify me via email" each time you post, to a thread you want to follow.
(Yes, this might be a bug but you can get everything or you choose what you get.)
2) Searching for posts by author
-- For now use the Forum Advance Search
-- This used bring up only those threads that you originated, but now it is getting everything.
The good and the Great:
1) Check Spelling... Very nice - this is a Great in my estimation
2) The New Preview is nice
3) When you press a formatting button it places the tags inline not at the end of the text.
5) We can Make Polls -- -- Personally I hope this does not change
6) Embedded Links!!
7) FOUND the Forum Advance Search :-)
8) Did I mention Embedding Links!
There is a very good list over the --- **Known Forum Issue thread
-- So this list will be of issues not currently on that list
1) Can't Edit or Delete the Poll (Much to My Embarrassment) :gulp:
-- But being able to edit, delete or change the poll would be good, especially for the PA sale.
2) Too much wasted space Buttons TOO big
5) Blank Lines as separators.
-- Work around add a space. The Double Return is seen as Redundant Data, which it is.
New features I like:
1) Recently Viewed Items
2) Compare Products.
-- -- I am trying to figure out exactly how it could be used.
-- -- I suppose when comparing bundles it would be useful
3) Sub menus for the Store drop down Though I would like to see a sub-sub for Genesis with V5, M5, and the like.
4) the new wishlist with comments area.
-- -- It would be nice to have a popup you can put the note in so you know why you are added it to you wishlist.
5) the new expanded image layout
-- -- I know there are those of us that Don't like this.
6) The New Orders come with installer files names, (Makes it nice for when you are looking for the installer for X)
7) Built with HTML5 - Progressive
8) The layout is nice
-- -- I do like the new Layout and the ability to use a list instead of a grid.
1) Shopping cart display default option to open as a page and not a drop down
2) "You already purchase this item warning" not active (Might need a special Script, Most stores don't check for this)
3) "You are buying an item in your wishlist" (Okay this is a New Feature that was not in the old site, but I did suggest it.)
4) Correct Item classification - I was in the People/woman while I did find models Mods, I also found Hair, Hair textures, clothes.
One of the more interesting, I found several previous generation models under Genesis shapes, like V3 Base.
5) Items appear multiple times in the displayed list of items.
-- -- Haven not seen this is a while, so I may be fixed
6) Vendor Stores, and Links from their other products.
-- -- ** Known Issue --"The shop by vendor is being worked on."
7) Sale termination date - The sale on this product ends on
-- -- ** Known Issue
8) No file sizes for products listed on both the product pages and download pages
9) Ability to see add-ons to a product ( Thank you a_silberman)
-- -- I have seen add-on's for new product come up in the 'You may also like' (Which just seemed to vanish with the latest Reboot) 5/31
10) Ability to view Wiki or Read Me file about the product - from (digitell
-- the Old Art Zone Wiki is still reachable and you can lookup the product.
11) Unstable Prices, system seems to forget the pricing on objects.
12) Items showing up multiple times with multiple Prices
-- This might be fixed between the time I saw it and when I went back to Double check.
13) Could we please have the "You may also like" under the Description or over the the right side? (i know minor)
Searching or Sorting:
1) Search Within - to narrow down the thousand of things that are for Victoria 4
-- -- If you want to find only V5 items, Type: "Victoria 5" with the quotes. Search is not looking for exact parse.
-- Well it worked earlier today when found it, but now it isn't working again.
2) On Sale Only - That was a nice little search
-- -- No solution yet
3) SORTING - Any where you have things in columns we should be able to sort by the column headings.
-- -- Wishlist Sorting
-- -- No solution yet
4) Search within -- (** The web group is aware.)
Itemized Order History
-- -- No solution yet
5) Sort by price range -- you can sort by price, so we are talking about a price range
-- -- The Catalog Advanced Search allows for a price range, still doesn't display it's results.
6) Hiding Mac / PC items during product download. **Known issue
7) Searching for anything is faster if you use Google or Bing, You will find what you want faster that way of you know something about it.