Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Ron’s brushes tutorials
Posted: 28 May 2013 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2006-08-26
carola.ottosson - 27 May 2013 01:47 PM

That tutorial were part of the sample brushes linked above as well. It’s a nice one though I ran into a couple of things that made a bit of hitch for me. One can simply be due to languages as my photoshop is in swedish and not in english (which I probably going to change soon, since most tutorials are in english) But I didn’t find anything resembling Color Burn, only Color

My other problem, which is probably something simply I am overlooking cause I expect it to be more complicated… is how to actually move the grouped layers onto another picture smile

Other than that I I didn’t had any trouble with the tutorial, and liked what little I have seen so far of the samples, and I do plan to get hold on some of Ron’s brushes.. eventually smile

Here’s the list in English….I would assume they would be the same order in your Swedish version just named differently.  (Screen grab of Photoshop CS5 blend mode options). You’ll notice that Adobe breaks them up in the palette into blend mode families.

One subject you should read up on is blend modes.

Image Attachments
color-burn-location.jpg

Posted: 28 May 2013 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1656
Joined  2013-04-23

@Pixel8ted Thank you for the picture, without that I never would have figured out that efterbel.färg was color burn (I THINK that efterbel. is short for efterbelysningsfärg.. which would roughly translate into afterlight color)  .....  Going to take a look on that tutorial as well, and figure out if I am able to change the language without having to apply for it up at Adobes site *shakes head*

/C

Signature 

My Art Thread  **  My Gallery  **  My Deviant Art  (includes mature content)

Playful Ferret, Proud Wizard Companion of BWC

Posted: 28 May 2013 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2006-08-26
carola.ottosson - 28 May 2013 04:00 AM

@Pixel8ted Thank you for the picture, without that I never would have figured out that efterbel.färg was color burn (I THINK that efterbel. is short for efterbelysningsfärg.. which would roughly translate into afterlight color)  .....  Going to take a look on that tutorial as well, and figure out if I am able to change the language without having to apply for it up at Adobes site *shakes head*

/C

See this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HvRgVeU8w4

I don’t have this file but that might be because mine is in default English.

Posted: 28 May 2013 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-04-23

was worth a try, but didn’t helped me I’m afraid. Still had it in swedish. Ah well, I figure something out smile thanks for trying though

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2013 05:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13589
Joined  2003-10-09

Although Creative Cloud will be the only option available in future (barring a welcome change of mind by Adobe) if you bought a full license, rather than paying a subscription, your CS6 will not change.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 28 May 2013 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2013-04-23

I did do the subscription thing, there’s no way I would be able to cash up 999 dollars *shivers’ Heck, I don’t even get that much a month…

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2013 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13589
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah, for new users the subscription scheme is attractive (though it wills till prove more expensive eventually). Fortunately I had a windfall several years ago (when Photoshop 5.5 was current) that let me buy one of the pre-CS bundles.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 28 May 2013 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  591
Joined  2011-03-26

edited and removed by user

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 29 May 2013 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2013-03-10

Thanks, I have the horror bundle, but I overlooked the layer styles!
Seems easy to load them in PS Elements 11.

Peter.

2 of 2