Digital Art Zone

6 of 22
Luxus for Carrara released! Intro sale price at 30% off.
Posted: 27 May 2013 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  482
Joined  2013-02-02
thepencilneck - 27 May 2013 09:32 PM

I’m actually getting this error:
[2013-05-27 22:25:56 Error: 14] Static loading of light ‘sunsky2’ failed.
[2013-05-27 22:25:56 Error: 47] luxLightSource: light type ‘sunsky2’ unknown

With any Sun, Sky2, or Sunsky thing I try to do.

What version is your LuxRender?

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2012-02-14
SphericLabs - 27 May 2013 09:34 PM
thepencilneck - 27 May 2013 09:32 PM

I’m actually getting this error:
[2013-05-27 22:25:56 Error: 14] Static loading of light ‘sunsky2’ failed.
[2013-05-27 22:25:56 Error: 47] luxLightSource: light type ‘sunsky2’ unknown

With any Sun, Sky2, or Sunsky thing I try to do.

What version is your LuxRender?

lol.

Uh.

Old?

smile smh

Downloading the latest version now.

Posted: 28 May 2013 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-06-11

I just saw this thread, and I’m in sort of the same position as OrionUK up above (been playing with Octane in Poser for the last half year or so), but I’m still a Carrara gal at heart, so I went and got the plugin within minutes of finding out about it. XD

The only downside so far is that I’ll have to wait until Thursday to play with it.

Thank you, SphericLabs, for developing it. I’ve been hoping for unbiased rendering from within Carrara since version 6. <3

Posted: 28 May 2013 08:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

I like being able to mix the lighting after the render has started… but I’m going to need more time getting use to the new shaders, especially glass since I have all kinds of tricks in Carrara shaders to control edge falloff…

It’s nice to have a different “look”, even if I don’t know what I’m doing. LOL.

Image Attachments
luxout.png
 Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 28 May 2013 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-04-06
holly wetcircuit - 28 May 2013 08:04 AM

I like being able to mix the lighting after the render has started… but I’m going to need more time getting use to the new shaders, especially glass since I have all kinds of tricks in Carrara shaders to control edge falloff…

It’s a render, not a photo ?
Thank you, Holly, you sold it.

A very nice complement to Octane (and much cheaper grin ) since I can build my shaders from inside Carrara, shortening the workflow and also rendering with my laptop, which doesn’t have the right graphic card for Octane.

Edit: Just an idea before buying. Is it compatible with Carrara 7 pro ? No version stated in DAZ shop and this thread speaks only about C6
PRO.

Posted: 28 May 2013 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-14

Holly, holly, holly.

That ROCKS.

There are some things that I’m going to have to wean myself off of.  Namely, some of the big, huge lightdome rigs.  I thought I’d killed my computer with one of those, yesterday.  The groups of lights don’t translate into groups of lights in Lux.

The Cloud Nine cloud domes don’t show up.  But I’m assuming that I’ll have to make my own clouds using Lux and I can re-use some of the same techniques.

Posted: 28 May 2013 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  248
Joined  0
holly wetcircuit - 28 May 2013 08:04 AM

wow!
it took a lot of time to render it?

Posted: 28 May 2013 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  0

Hi,

@Philemo: for Carrara 8.1+ only.

rk.

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  244
Joined  2009-04-06
rk66 - 28 May 2013 09:19 AM

Hi,

@Philemo: for Carrara 8.1+ only.

rk.

Than you RK for the answer.

I’m afraid I’ll have to wait, my self allotted budget for 3D being already spent… Wait and save :-(

Just too bad.

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

Great image Holly smile

is that a Lux Sunlight plus the Lux infinite with (HDRI) ?

Posted: 28 May 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Joined  2012-02-14

The luxrender version was definitely a big problem with my sky stuff.

To try to follow Holly’s example, I grabbed Tomalin’s Eminence along with some Parkside Point Ground and Rocky Flats.  Then I stuck a big Terrain in the background with a Snow Complex shader.

My lights don’t see to be illuminating the terrain in the background.

I tried to create a cloud using a volume shader on a cube and I didn’t get anything except something that looked like a concrete box.  Are there any tutorials, yet?

Here’s what I got (with KodaChrome 200 to make the colors a little punchier):

Image Attachments
KodaChrome200-Lux_SunSky2.jpg

Posted: 28 May 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  482
Joined  2013-02-02
thepencilneck - 28 May 2013 12:26 PM

The luxrender version was definitely a big problem with my sky stuff.

To try to follow Holly’s example, I grabbed Tomalin’s Eminence along with some Parkside Point Ground and Rocky Flats.  Then I stuck a big Terrain in the background with a Snow Complex shader.

My lights don’t see to be illuminating the terrain in the background.

I tried to create a cloud using a volume shader on a cube and I didn’t get anything except something that looked like a concrete box.  Are there any tutorials, yet?

Here’s what I got (with KodaChrome 200 to make the colors a little punchier):

I am guessing that the Snow Complex Shader did not come across.  The manual explains that only the more simple Carrara stuff will get autoconverted correctly.
-> http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16380/start

But, very cool image.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 28 May 2013 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2004-12-01

I got mine and I am so happy.  smile  Thanks.

Posted: 28 May 2013 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

My pic is the sunlight, and the sky2 (? which just adds a lot of blue), and the infinite HDR light… I allowed it to render about 40min, but there are still some white pixels in the shadow areas so probably needed more time to cook…

I also made the sun size (scale?) as high as it would go which was 500% - I thought might be like soft shadows, but I don’t think that is what actually happened with this setting…

I can see I will need to make a lot of starter shaders…. Baker will also play an important role so I can keep some of my procedural tricks.

I guess I should also set up some people to see how skin looks…

Are you guys doing anything special for the replicator(s)? Do you think I can use inagoni’s Replica plugin?

I had a few crashes… And at one point Carrara started exporting all textures as jpegs before sending to Lux…. LOL. Definitely be cautious with the files stacking up. I can see filling a hdd with these intermediate files…

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 28 May 2013 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2003-10-09

Ok - I am running the plug in on the Carrara beta 8.5 on Mac OS 10.8.
When I send the render to luxus and I pause it or end it - it never goes back to Carrara with the finished image. The image in Carrara is just filled it with 1’s (even though normally it uses all 8 cores from my i7) Is this the correct behavior or is it just wonky on the Mac? I know I can export the image from the luxus standalone renderer but it seems like the image should open in Carrara when I decide the render is finished. The only way I can get back into Carrara right now is to quit Luxus and then I see the image full of 1’s in Carrara.

I love the light groups feature - dynamically changing lights while the render runs is amazing and even though the renders are much slower this interactivity makes up for what would be 10 times as many test renders.

This is an amazing tool for $20.00 - thank you!

ps - I can’t run the non beta of Carrara on 10.8 or I would run Luxus from there.

6 of 22