Digital Art Zone

3 of 22
Luxus for Carrara released! Intro sale price at 30% off.
Posted: 26 May 2013 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2007-07-28

The scene file is the LXS file, right?  I can’t find where the lxs file is being saved—I thought it was with the FLM files, but I only see an old luxout.lxs file.  I’ll run a search for LXS files to see if they are getting tucked away somewhere….

Edit: Doh!  I see the LXS file is being updated after each render.  I guess I can save that off with a new name and be ok?

Signature 

My You Tube Videos
My Gallery

Each player rolls one die
The player with the highest number goes first
Play continues clock-wise

~Milton Bradley

Posted: 26 May 2013 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0
Salem2007 - 26 May 2013 08:29 PM

The scene file is the LXS file, right?  I can’t find where the lxs file is being saved—I thought it was with the FLM files, but I only see an old luxout.lxs file.  I’ll run a search for LXS files to see if they are getting tucked away somewhere….

Edit: Doh!  I see the LXS file is being updated after each render.  I guess I can save that off with a new name and be ok?

Hmm. I remember discovering that the .lxs kept rewriting… It seems weird to me but I guess that is how LuxRender works…?

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 26 May 2013 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2006-08-21
araneldon - 26 May 2013 12:32 PM
booksbydavid - 26 May 2013 11:26 AM

No joy in Mudville. :(

This is the first item I’ve tried to purchase here at DAZ in ages and it’s not going well. The purchase will not go through. The cart says I have 1 item in my cart but when I try to purchase it tells me my cart is empty.

Frustrating. Contacting support now.

So sad.

That’s a known problem that has been around for a while. To get around it you need to add another item—anything—to the cart. After that the hidden item should show up along with the new one which can then be deleted.

Worked a treat! Thanks. Downloading now. smile

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 26 May 2013 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6151
Joined  2007-12-04

Just grasping at straws here, but do you have the Lux Render installed in your 8.5 the way it needs to be? Not sure what else it could be.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 27 May 2013 12:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  336
Joined  2007-07-31

Just wondering -Why does the Daz Product page for lux renderer say at the bottom -

“Lux render is available for FREE from Luxrender.net “

obviously an oversight as I just checked and it’s not

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index

Signature 

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!home/mainPage

Posted: 27 May 2013 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1136
Joined  2010-11-30

It requires LuxRender Standalone which is free from LuxRender.net

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/standalone

The Luxus plugin lets you export your scenes to it.

0oseven - 27 May 2013 12:57 AM

Just wondering -Why does the Daz Product page for lux renderer say at the bottom -

“Lux render is available for FREE from Luxrender.net “

obviously an oversight as I just checked and it’s not

http://www.luxrender.net/en_GB/index

Posted: 27 May 2013 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  835
Joined  2010-03-01

How does this compare to luxus for DS?
Does it render faster? I assume that it doesn’t since they use they same thinghy, then again i don’t know anything bout programming. Maybe with carrara being so much faster than ds, this has some effect on the render speed…
Can you use the same shaders in Luxus studio and carrara?

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Freebies @ sharecg
Deviant Art Gallery

Posted: 27 May 2013 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  487
Joined  2011-11-12

Unfortunately only LuxRender can decide how fast it renders. ...well to an extent. Good optimisation can speed up render times.

Not sure why lux keeps updating the .lxs as Lux does its thing. I only noticed because I had one open in a text editor got told it had been updated, and asked if I would like to reload it.

Signature 

My 3D/DAZ/Poser news blog - DigiSprawl

Posted: 27 May 2013 04:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  225
Joined  2006-05-21

Can this render Carrara hair? If not can hair be renderered using Carraras Multipass rendering and composited later. Are the proportions of the rendered frames the same in Lux and Carrara?
I usually now render with Multipass and it does seem to “cut out ” the hair to a seperate layer.( if I can ever remember what layers to render!)

Signature 

http://stusutcliffe.blogspot.co.uk/

Posted: 27 May 2013 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0
Elele - 27 May 2013 03:19 AM

Does it render faster? I assume that it doesn’t since they use they same thinghy, then again i don’t know anything bout programming. Maybe with carrara being so much faster than ds, this has some effect on the render speed…

Aside from costing $10 more… from their product pages:

Luxus plugin for DAZ Studio
12 Shader Presets
4 Light Presets

Luxus Plugin for Carrara:
19 LuxRender Textures as Shader Nodes
17 LuxRender Materials as Shader Nodes
01 Top Level Lux Surface Shader Node
Support for Carrara’s Spot, Bulb, and Distant lights
05 LuxRender Specifc Lights:
Infinite(HDRI/IBL)
Projection
Sun
Sky 2
Sun Sky 2

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 27 May 2013 06:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2003-12-10

How good is Luxus exporting complex scenes like “CountryLane” by HowieFarkes ? Can Luxus handle all these arrayed plants?

Posted: 27 May 2013 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  835
Joined  2010-03-01
holly wetcircuit - 27 May 2013 05:13 AM

Aside from costing $10 more… from their product pages:

Luxus plugin for DAZ Studio
12 Shader Presets
4 Light Presets

Luxus Plugin for Carrara:
19 LuxRender Textures as Shader Nodes
17 LuxRender Materials as Shader Nodes
01 Top Level Lux Surface Shader Node
Support for Carrara’s Spot, Bulb, and Distant lights
05 LuxRender Specifc Lights:
Infinite(HDRI/IBL)
Projection
Sun
Sky 2
Sun Sky 2

I don’t really know what that means red face

Say I built a gold shader in luxus carrara, can i then use that same shader (without any tweaking) in luxus studio?
Or does it not work that way?
Thanks Holly smile

Thanks jimzombie. I seem to remember you being a (luxus) studio user, how do you like the carrara version?

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Freebies @ sharecg
Deviant Art Gallery

Posted: 27 May 2013 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1181
Joined  2005-04-12
stu sutcliffe - 27 May 2013 04:36 AM

Can this render Carrara hair? If not can hair be renderered using Carraras Multipass rendering and composited later. Are the proportions of the rendered frames the same in Lux and Carrara?
I usually now render with Multipass and it does seem to “cut out ” the hair to a seperate layer.( if I can ever remember what layers to render!)

I would also like to know if it renders Carrara Hair (I’m guessing not from what I know, but you never know!) and I would also like to know if it deals with replicated objects.  This last one would be a real plus, as neither DS or Poser have them. Again I am expecting a “no” but I know that LuxRender supports replicated objects so this would be a real possibility.

Posted: 27 May 2013 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  481
Joined  2013-02-02
PhilW - 27 May 2013 06:27 AM
stu sutcliffe - 27 May 2013 04:36 AM

I would also like to know if it renders Carrara Hair (I’m guessing not from what I know, but you never know!) and I would also like to know if it deals with replicated objects.  This last one would be a real plus, as neither DS or Poser have them. Again I am expecting a “no” but I know that LuxRender supports replicated objects so this would be a real possibility.

It does not.  Carrara Hair is a special shader in Carrara.  LuxRender does not hair a hair primitive.  When LuxRender supports a hair primitive, rumored to be soon, then I will look into trying to get hair to go accross.

Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 27 May 2013 07:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  481
Joined  2013-02-02

It is the same render engine so Rendering speeds are going to be the same. 

Arguably Luxus for Carrara is as powerful as Luxus and Elixur(LuxRender shader mixer plugin) for DAZ Studio.

Getting the shaders sharable between apps would have been nice, but its not really possible at this point.  This is probably something that could be added,  but would require DAZ adding functionality and do it via duf/dsf.

The alternative and probably the route I will take Luxus is to support a Lmb2(LuxRender material database file) importer/exporter in both.

That being said, no one should misunderstand, the Carrara shader system here is pretty handy.  You can save your LuxRender shader network to a shader file and reuse it all over the place.

Signature 

-Spheric

3 of 22