CMS not starting with DS 4.6
Posted: 24 May 2013 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6187
Joined  2005-08-15

There is a script for that Jaki, I think it is in Richard’s sig

I was really pleased when mine worked too, I’m happy for you smile

@Vaskania, that is all I have in my Program Data folder under DAZ 3D as well, just the ini file.

@Pete, thanks for the Program Data info, I was gioing to suggest that next, I just couldn’t figure out why mine would be different, but I must have changed it as some point.  I hate hidden folders, so all of mine are visible anyway.

Posted: 24 May 2013 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1346
Joined  2006-09-09

found the script and yep it works perfect! :D YAY finally a night where stuff is going well…for a change. LOL

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4708
Joined  2005-08-03
JimmyC_2009 - 24 May 2013 04:41 AM

@Vaskania, that is all I have in my Program Data folder under DAZ 3D as well, just the ini file.

Yea. If you open it like a regular notepad you can see where your CMS and databases are installed to if you need to get to them and can’t find them.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

It’s a good feeling, wish it happened more often though smile

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15
Vaskania - 24 May 2013 05:00 AM
JimmyC_2009 - 24 May 2013 04:41 AM

Yea. If you open it like a regular notepad you can see where your CMS and databases are installed to if you need to get to them and can’t find them.

Yes, I had a look, I should start writing these down somehwere.  I also have to search for my saved Categories, but they are usually easy enough to find.in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Support, I make sure I keep the file UserData_1.dsx, and it means I wont (shouldn’t) lose my Categories.

I know my way around it now a lot better than I used to, but I have only started using Categories.

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7597
Joined  2009-05-14

Great no notifications again.

Since the Birth of CMS and the very first time I had issues with it I learned to uninstall CMS before upgrading. Since then I haven’t had one single issue with CMs stopping…ever. I keep a clean house and using MS Security Essentials for my Anti Virus and Firewall etc etc.

I installed Daz Studio to C:\Daz3D\Daz Studio 4 and the content went to my USB Hard Drive and in the last 6 months I have had Daz Studio installed on 3 different computers all using Vista and still never had any issues.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

@Jimmy -  I believe I saw before that you can go to Content DB Maintenance in Daz and export your user data through there, which lets you save your custom categories.

@Szark - I did the same thing with my Daz content. I have Daz in E:\Program Files\Daz Studio 4, and all of my content in multiple libraries held in F:\Daz Studio. Nothing is on my C drive that doesn’t need to be—only the OS, security software, and drivers go on it as it’s an SSD drive and I prefer to keep it clean for performance reasons. It irked me to no end that I couldn’t customize the DIM installation. No option, or anything.. just straight to C:. >.>

Adobe presets bug me for the same reason. I can add in multiple Plugin folders, but not Presets folders? Meh.

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

I don’t have DIM installed now, but I did have and gave it the once over I from what I can remember you can direct DIM to whereever you want. Granted you would have to change the location depending on what you are installing and for me I have over 30 content folders, Animals and Creatures, Buildings, Clothing ete etc this seemed to be a pain to do. But when I get a new PC I will be using DIM and redo all my content…hopefully for the last time. smile

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 24 May 2013 05:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15
Vaskania - 24 May 2013 05:32 AM

@Jimmy -  I believe I saw before that you can go to Content DB Maintenance in Daz and export your user data through there, which lets you save your custom categories.

That’s how I do it.  It takes just over 30 seconds to save mine, as I don;t have much Categorised yet,  AdamR posted that it took his something liek 3 hours to save, so he must have a lot done smile

At least now, I can do a bit of Categorisation when I’m in the mood, save it, and then it wont be lost, or need to be done again.  I am well pleased with it.

Posted: 24 May 2013 06:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

Szark, you can customize your libraries in DIM, but not where DIM itself is installed to. I wiped my library and started fresh when I upgraded from 4.0 to 4.6, so the DIM was already established, which made separating libraries easy.

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG
——————————-

Posted: 24 May 2013 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Arr I understand now Vaskania, cheers..sorry for being slow on the uptake…bad day today..

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

Posted: 24 May 2013 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-03

Oh, no worries, and hope you feel better. smile

Signature 

@Deviantart | @ShareCG
——————————-

Posted: 24 May 2013 06:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-14

Thx it is a cold and wet day here and it has got in to my joints so the head is not quite thinking straight. I think I will go and watch a movie while I have a Vue render cooking.

Signature 

Pete

My Gallery

My Render Thread

2 of 2