Horse renders

Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I got the horse stables, and decided to render a picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/8790879547/

8790879547_794d8202d1_c.jpg
800 x 640 - 321K
«1

Comments

  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,128
    edited December 1969

    Here's one I did yesterday.

    Daz_Grooming_Horse.jpg
    1500 x 1940 - 1M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 5,431
    edited December 1969

    Cool! I love these renders.

  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    wilmap said:
    Here's one I did yesterday.

    Nice render!!

    I am at a loss of where I'm supposed to place the work-bench. Inside one of the booth's? Or in the main-building?

    Another thing, I hope Predatron will make an interior for the main-building. That would be pretty neat. :)

  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,128
    edited December 1969

    If you go into the main building you can open the doors either side and in one of the rooms I placed all the tack and bench etc.

    Did you know that you can turn the clock hands and the wind vane? Nice little touch.:-)

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 9,357
    edited May 2013

    When you place props, to be realistic just remember that horse owners try to keep barn aisles clear as horses are cross tied, and can back up at any given time. Most folks who have never been in a barn tend to think of barn aisles as walk throughs, but horses are often tied across the width of the barn aisle too. Benches would usually not be across from a stall, for instance, or right next to where a barn door entrance would be (too much activity) I'd place it further down the wall from there.
    EDIT: work benches are rarely in the tack rooms that I have been at- it's been a separate building. But then again, the tack rooms were not that big either. My point is, about benches and work benches- keep them away from the horses.

    Your renders are very nice! If horses could give big smiles, they certainly would be doing it! :)

    Cathie

    Post edited by Novica on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Novica said:
    When you place props, to be realistic just remember that horse owners try to keep barn aisles clear as horses are cross tied, and can back up at any given time. Most folks who have never been in a barn tend to think of barn aisles as walk throughs, but horses are often tied across the width of the barn aisle too. Benches would usually not be across from a stall, for instance, or right next to where a barn door entrance would be (too much activity) I'd place it further down the wall from there.
    EDIT: work benches are rarely in the tack rooms that I have been at- it's been a separate building. But then again, the tack rooms were not that big either. My point is, about benches and work benches- keep them away from the horses.

    Your renders are very nice! If horses could give big smiles, they certainly would be doing it! :)

    Cathie

    It was as I thought, not near the horses.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited December 1969

    Here's one I did last week (a little OT perhaps). The idea was actually just to test if the tack that comes with the sleigh would work with Horse 2 (there don't seem to be any for it), but I wanted to test it on the Mill horse (for which it is made) first, and then things started to evolve. So I haven't got to Horse 2 yet but hopefully soon...

    sleighride1.jpg
    900 x 744 - 177K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 9,357
    edited December 1969

    Nicely done! I'm not sure if that child is trying to keep warm, bored, or day dreaming- it's open to interpretation which is a neat thing!

  • FreyfaxiFreyfaxi Posts: 59
    edited May 2013

    Ohh Dear..now don't get me wrong here..nice winter time render. But that harness is simply AWFUL :( The only thing stopping that horse from bolting is the reins in Santa's hands. As soon as the horse starts moving, forward..those rings on the shafts will just slide straight off :( Bye-Bye Horsey ! :)

    We have all these nice horse models, all these nice horse-drawn vehicles..but I've yet to see a REALISTIC harness that would actually WORK :( I know I'm being critical. and a bit hypocrital, seeing as I can't model. but surely it's not too hard for modellers to actually go and LOOK at Real Life harnesses and vehicles and see how they work together ? Or at least look at good clear pictures of the real things ?

    Folks spend a lot of time working on renders, setting things up 'just right' for that perfect render..and it's all spoilt by some glaringly obvious fault in the models themselves :(

    Post edited by Freyfaxi on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Freyfaxi said:
    Ohh Dear..now don't get me wrong here..nice winter time render. But that harness is simply AWFUL :( The only thing stopping that horse from bolting is the reins in Santa's hands. As soon as the horse starts moving, forward..those rings on the shafts will just slide straight off :( Bye-Bye Horsey ! :)

    We have all these nice horse models, all these nice horse-drawn vehicles..but I've yet to see a REALISTIC harness that would actually WORK :( I know I'm being critical. and a bit hypocrital, seeing as I can't model. but surely it's not too hard for modellers to actually go and LOOK at Real Life harnesses and vehicles and see how they work together ? Or at least look at good clear pictures of the real things ?

    Folks spend a lot of time working on renders, setting things up 'just right' for that perfect render..and it's all spoilt by some glaringly obvious fault in the models themselves :(

    I made a picture with the Toon Reindeer that used to be here (can't find it on DAZ' site anymore, attach a picture I found online of it), and with the Toon Christmas sleigh and Santa. Obviously there was no way to make it look like it was pulling the sleigh, so a toon version of a harness for Rudy that fits with the sleigh is on the wishlist. And a real one, for Horse 2 with sleigh posted above would be perfect.

    400_F_18630196_9dsrDL30BFtph6hmULSSRQ0KECbwu6ft.jpg
    400 x 400 - 24K
  • sithkittensithkitten Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

    Horses!!! I love horses. :) Here's one of mine.

    frisky.jpg
    1043 x 954 - 524K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 9,357
    edited December 1969

    I still say nicely done because it's based on what they had to work with! (As you said.)
    That's why I haven't done any renders with horses pulling things. Curious, anyone done the RHS Stagecoach? (At least I think that's the name of it.) Hmmm, I'm wondering if from ALL the "Drawn by horses" stuff, if kit bashing bits and pieces could be done. Probably not.

    And Sithkitten, what a prancer!!! Headed for a carrot or an apple. Your horse is a "Look at me" showstopper horse. Is that the gleam that comes with the coat, or did you have to adjust?

  • sithkittensithkitten Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

    It came with the coat. CWRW Pro textures. I had to adjust the lighting to tone the shiny down a bit :) The prancy, show-offy "Look at ME!!!" attitude comes from too much time spent around Arabians. :lol: I don't get much chance to be around horses anymore, but I feel better now that I can make horse pictures again.

  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

    First attempt at a horse render with Griffin wings.

    horsegraze.jpg
    600 x 600 - 292K
  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited December 1969

    Novica said:
    Nicely done! I'm not sure if that child is trying to keep warm, bored, or day dreaming- it's open to interpretation which is a neat thing!

    Thanks! Not sure what the child is doing/thinking either, just tried to make the pose look natural, so feel free to interprete in whichever way you want. :)

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited December 1969

    Freyfaxi said:
    Ohh Dear..now don't get me wrong here..nice winter time render. But that harness is simply AWFUL :( The only thing stopping that horse from bolting is the reins in Santa's hands. As soon as the horse starts moving, forward..those rings on the shafts will just slide straight off :( Bye-Bye Horsey ! :)

    Yea, I've been wondering how this could work too but that's how it comes. But in virtual reality anything's possible you know. :) I agree though, for realistic renders it's not good.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 9,357
    edited December 1969

    This got me looking at the RHS Stagecoach, and the Wagon Trail 1 and 2. How on earth do the horses connect to those, too? From the product page, it looks like you just stick the animals in front of it and hope for the best?

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited May 2013

    Novica said:
    This got me looking at the RHS Stagecoach, and the Wagon Trail 1 and 2. How on earth do the horses connect to those, too? From the product page, it looks like you just stick the animals in front of it and hope for the best?

    Yes, I think they forgot something rather obvious here. That's also why i've been looking elsewhere to find a tack that might work. Just been testing the one from the first render on Horse 2, and it is possible to use it actually, but it requires a lot of adjustment with the Transform dials (Poser). The tack has no morphs so further adjustement is not possible.

    horse2_sleightack1.jpg
    900 x 730 - 58K
    Post edited by Taozen on
  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited December 1969

    I don't think Wagon Trail 2 is meant to be used with a horse at all. Can't see how it should work.

    wt2.jpg
    832 x 653 - 36K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,128
    edited December 1969

    The only horse and carriage I've seen with good harness is Faveral's Stagecoach.

  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969
    8853445865_61a2bbd0c1_c.jpg
    800 x 640 - 315K
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

    I think you're supposed to use the harness from the sleigh for the stagecoach. I'm sure I read that on these forums somewhere.
    http://www.daz3d.com/the-vintage-sleigh

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 7,185
    edited May 2013

    Bryce render of MilHorse 1 ...

    shorelinex.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 334K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited December 1969

    anikad said:
    I think you're supposed to use the harness from the sleigh for the stagecoach. I'm sure I read that on these forums somewhere.
    http://www.daz3d.com/the-vintage-sleigh

    OK, but use it for what? Wagon Trail 1 appears to be made for a 2-horse harness. Wagon Trail 2 don't seem to be made for horses.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited May 2013

    Kerya said:
    Bryce render of MilHorse 1 ...

    Cool! Actually one of the best horse renders I've ever seen...

    Post edited by Taozen on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,363
    edited May 2013

    There is a good harness for the old Poser horse on 3D menagerie. Not sure if it can be converted to the Mill horse or horse 2 though.

    http://www.3dmenagerie.com/ clcik on goodies and then Poser and scroll down a long way.

    harness.gif
    232 x 219 - 19K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    I don't think Wagon Trail 2 is meant to be used with a horse at all. Can't see how it should work.

    I think they were pulled by humans? Otherwise the cart would have slightly higher suspension. Just my .02kr.

  • TaozenTaozen Posts: 2,112
    edited December 1969

    Taozen said:
    I don't think Wagon Trail 2 is meant to be used with a horse at all. Can't see how it should work.

    I think they were pulled by humans? Otherwise the cart would have slightly higher suspension. Just my .02kr.

    Yes, that's also what I was thinking.

  • sithkittensithkitten Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

    I have that harness. I threw it on the first Mil Horse and it worked fine. I was happy to find that thing, because now I'll actually use my carriages for something other than decoration :)

  • sithkittensithkitten Posts: 140
    edited December 1969

    Those horses are gorgeous, Kerya. They look so happy! Who can blame them, on such a lovely beach. :)

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel