Digital Art Zone

Handgrip for DS4 ??
Posted: 16 June 2012 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  822
Joined  2003-10-09

I still run DS3 as my primary application but do have DS4 installed too and have been experimenting with it.  Last night I started looking for the “Handgrip” function and couldn’t find it.  I looked in my archive of purchased DAZ applications and found software and license for a DS2 and DS3 version of Handgrip.  Is there a DS4 version?

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 16 June 2012 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15674
Joined  2003-10-09

No, or at least not yet. I seem to recall Handgrip and others plugins from this author took a while to be updated to DS3, too.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 June 2012 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Oh… :(  That’s a bummer!  Handgrip is a most useful tool.  Although it does have some weirdness about how it manages the thumb. ohh  However I can deal with one whacky digit when the other 4 fall in line very nicely. cool smile

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 16 June 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2737
Joined  2003-12-06

One thing to keep in mind in D|S4, if you’re using Genesis figures they have a pretty comprehensive list of hand grip dials. I think it might even be more than the Hand Grip plugin offers — separate thumb and fingers dials for grip and fist, individual finger bends, fingers straighten and spread, etc. Have to remember to use them more often, though, I keep forgetting they’re there…  rolleyes

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 16 June 2012 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
SpottedKitty - 16 June 2012 09:06 AM

One thing to keep in mind in D|S4, if you’re using Genesis figures they have a pretty comprehensive list of hand grip dials. I think it might even be more than the Hand Grip plugin offers — separate thumb and fingers dials for grip and fist, individual finger bends, fingers straighten and spread, etc. Have to remember to use them more often, though, I keep forgetting they’re there…  rolleyes

Oh! ohh  Thank you!  I didn’t know they were there.  Where?  The DS4 interface still confabulates me. :(

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2616
Joined  2007-12-07

Select either of the hands of Genesis figure in Pose window, then under either Parameters or Posing you should have an entry ‘Pose Control’ - you’ll find them all lurking under that.

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 17 June 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
SimonJM - 16 June 2012 10:20 AM

Select either of the hands of Genesis figure in Pose window, then under either Parameters or Posing you should have an entry ‘Pose Control’ - you’ll find them all lurking under that.

Thank you! grin

Signature