Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Does DSON work with Poser Pro 2014?
Posted: 21 May 2013 05:34 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2003-10-09

Does anyone know if the DSON plugin works with Poser Pro 2014? The DSON announcement in this forum doesn’t say anything about compatible Poser versions.

Posted: 21 May 2013 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2005-02-25

Yes just tried it worked no problem at all just install the plugin to the 2014 dir and it’s all the same as 2012.
Here’s M5 in my Hypersuit

Image Attachments
Genesis.jpg
 Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 21 May 2013 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the info, midnight_stories.

Great looking render too.

Posted: 21 May 2013 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2005-02-25
Peter Wade - 21 May 2013 06:13 AM

Thanks for the info, midnight_stories.

Great looking render too.

OK I know what it was, the suit after I did the maths it alone was 4million so no wonder it crashed genesis works fine 0, struggles a bit on level 1 no way level 2. That with the uni-mesh at level 2.

Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 22 May 2013 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2004-04-06

I’d say that DSON is compatible with Poser Pro 2014, but does not work as well as it does in Poser Pro 2012. 

With one Genesis figure in particular I have to turn off “Use displacement maps” in the render settings otherwise the results of rendering look like a starving zombie.

On the other hand, I have managed to successfully convert a pair of Genesis jeans to use with Vicki 4.

Posted: 22 May 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-10-09
Dim Reaper - 22 May 2013 10:33 AM

I’d say that DSON is compatible with Poser Pro 2014, but does not work as well as it does in Poser Pro 2012. 

With one Genesis figure in particular I have to turn off “Use displacement maps” in the render settings otherwise the results of rendering look like a starving zombie.

On the other hand, I have managed to successfully convert a pair of Genesis jeans to use with Vicki 4.

That sounds interesting. I have only tried DSON as a way to put Genesis and associated clothing into Poser. How did you convert Genesis clothes to Vicky 4? Does Wardrobe Wizard support Genesis? Were you using this new fitting Room? Or is there some other trick to it?

My only attempt at DSON so far was a bit of a failure. I was using Genesis with a female body shape and the Genesis Mall Girl Outfit. It looked fine in the preview but the render had huge amoputs of poke-through that wasn’t there in the preview. I haven’t worked out if this is DSON issue or just a Poser problem, I’ve seen Poser show things differently in the preview before but not as bad as this.

Quick edit. Should have read your post better first time. Switching off displacement maps fixed my problem with poke through in the render.

Posted: 22 May 2013 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2004-04-06

I was trying out the new fitting room.  Genesis clothing to V4 so far has worked very well.  V4 clothing to Genesis makes the clothing explode so far.

Posted: 22 May 2013 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1091
Joined  2007-11-28

The Transfer Active Morph script in run in PP2014 is really, REALLY SLOOOOOW.  A clothed V5 with hair took over two minutes.  Also, I can’t open my scenes with DSON items in PP 2014 that I created with PP2012.  Poser can’t find the geometries… :(

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 27 May 2013 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2009-04-30

Like with all new product I’m sure, they work on updates on DSON. Have you seen how many plugin’s have bee updated as DAZ moved form version 4.0 to 4.5. With a littl patient, we will see better working versions of all the tools.

Posted: 29 May 2013 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  2004-07-16

OKay, Just installed Poser Pro 2014. Just installed DSON. I activated the Python scripts. Went to the addons and clicked on DSON Importer.

Nothing showed up.  Is there supposed to be a window or something? I can’t even track down a Readme or a manual .

OKay, found the Readme. Did everything they said to do and the content is not showing up. In fact, other than the drop down menus, nothing DSON related is showing up anywhere.
  I’m of the opinion that DSON doesn’t work in Pro 2014.

Posted: 29 May 2013 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-28
mdbruffy - 29 May 2013 05:17 PM

OKay, Just installed Poser Pro 2014. Just installed DSON. I activated the Python scripts. Went to the addons and clicked on DSON Importer.

Nothing showed up.  Is there supposed to be a window or something? I can’t even track down a Readme or a manual .

OKay, found the Readme. Did everything they said to do and the content is not showing up. In fact, other than the drop down menus, nothing DSON related is showing up anywhere.

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials and its Poser Companion files to a runtime in your Poser Library?

If so, it should load up like a Poser figure. 

Here’s an installation tutorial…

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tips/required_files/start

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2013 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
WandW - 29 May 2013 06:53 PM
mdbruffy - 29 May 2013 05:17 PM

Did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials and its Poser Companion files to a runtime in your Poser Library?

If so, it should load up like a Poser figure. 

Here’s an installation tutorial…

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tips/required_files/start

Yes. I created a folder in the Runtime- named it DAZ. Installed the content to that folder. Added DAZ as a new library.  I tried to bring up the DSON windows and nothing came up. It’s listed in the drop down menus, But when I clicked on them,.nothing happened.
Wait-a-minute, what Poser Companion files???? There are only two files- the installer and the Content.

Posted: 29 May 2013 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-28
mdbruffy - 29 May 2013 06:58 PM

Yes. I created a folder in the Runtime- named it DAZ. Installed the content to that folder. Added DAZ as a new library.  I tried to bring up the DSON windows and nothing came up. It’s listed in the drop down menus, But when I clicked on them,.nothing happened.
Wait-a-minute, what Poser Companion files???? There are only two files- the installer and the Content.

There are three; under Genesis Starter Essentials you will find (for Windows) 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.13_dpc.exe smile

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
WandW - 29 May 2013 07:12 PM
mdbruffy - 29 May 2013 06:58 PM

There are three; under Genesis Starter Essentials you will find (for Windows) 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.13_dpc.exe smile

Okay. No one ever said anything about a third file. I was always under the impression there were only 2. I’ve downloaded that one and I’ll try it again- for the last time.
I don’t mean to sound like an SOB, but over the past m onth, I’ve bought 3 programs and I’ve had to wrestle with all 3 to get them to work- one simply refused. I’m just getting tired of one fight after another.

Posted: 29 May 2013 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

Okay, the content is showing up, but now DSON is telling me it needs yet another runtime folder outside the Program folder. Tell me it’s not asking for a Third Runtime?? I already have my Poser runtime and the DAZ folder which has the DSON content. How many more does it need?

Posted: 29 May 2013 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9691
Joined  2007-11-06

You don’t want to install UNDER Runtime, you need to install to the folder that CONTAINS Runtime.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

1 of 5