Digital Art Zone

5 of 99
Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!
Posted: 24 May 2013 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  547
Joined  2011-04-14

That’s the sorta design I been looking for ^_^  Will it be made available when it’s done?

Ptrope - 24 May 2013 07:05 PM

Hey, ho - new thread! smile

I figured I’d drop in and post a heads-up - I’ve been working on a new ship, something of a follow-up to the Crossbow-class. The modeling is, I hope ( smile ), complete; now I need to finish up the UV-mapping and then create all the texture maps. The story behind this is that the ship is actually a mirror-universe design, from the Terran Empire, which slipped through the barrier and then was captured by a Starfleet vessel; that explains some of the ... eccentricities ... of the design - it has nothing to do with the OS Romulan ship design, but its designers were of a similar mindset when it came to architecture and abilities. Now, it’s a diplomatic support vessel for missions that carry the potential for ... confrontations (along with the 2 copies built by Starfleet).

(larger image on deviantArt)

Posted: 25 May 2013 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  153
Joined  2005-04-30

Just playing around in hexagon got the idea for this from a sketch by NinjaWereWulf over at DA. Its a single seat romulan fighter called a Talon

Image Attachments
On_Talons_Wings.jpg
 Signature 

We are all alone, born alone, die alone

Posted: 25 May 2013 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2006-10-07
Ptrope - 24 May 2013 07:05 PM

Hey, ho - new thread! smile

I figured I’d drop in and post a heads-up - I’ve been working on a new ship, something of a follow-up to the Crossbow-class. The modeling is, I hope ( smile ), complete; now I need to finish up the UV-mapping and then create all the texture maps. The story behind this is that the ship is actually a mirror-universe design, from the Terran Empire, which slipped through the barrier and then was captured by a Starfleet vessel; that explains some of the ... eccentricities ... of the design - it has nothing to do with the OS Romulan ship design, but its designers were of a similar mindset when it came to architecture and abilities. Now, it’s a diplomatic support vessel for missions that carry the potential for ... confrontations (along with the 2 copies built by Starfleet).

(larger image on deviantArt)

Posted on your DA page as well on this, I love the concept and design you created. The back story on it is great as well. I am really looking forward to seeing how you continue with this.

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 25 May 2013 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2003-10-09
TheCastellan - 24 May 2013 11:36 PM

That’s the sorta design I been looking for ^_^  Will it be made available when it’s done?

Yep, I’m working on the rest of the UV-mapping and the texture and specular maps; it’ll probably be at least a week, but when it’s complete, I’ll be posting it on ShareCG along with all my other works. wink.

shadowhawk1 - 25 May 2013 01:35 AM

I love the concept and design you created. The back story on it is great as well. I am really looking forward to seeing how you continue with this.

Glad you like it smile. It’s been a lot of fun as it has evolved, and I’m looking forward to sharing it.

Posted: 26 May 2013 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1295
Joined  2004-07-16

I spent most of last evening uploading most of my props and set pieces to my DA gallery for anyone who’s intrested:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/gallery/43864770

Posted: 26 May 2013 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2012-02-16
mdbruffy - 26 May 2013 06:09 AM

I spent most of last evening uploading most of my props and set pieces to my DA gallery for anyone who’s intrested:

Thank you for sharing your props and set pieces! It is much appreciated.

Posted: 26 May 2013 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
MenehuneMagic - 26 May 2013 07:30 AM

I think most of them are available in the Freebies list by way of Xcalibur productions.  But with Tamerlane having problems- they got hit big time by spammers some months ago and still haven’t fully recovered- and the fact that Xcal doesn’t get the exposure it needs, I felt i’d be better off to consoladate things in my DA gallery. So now, all of my Nova Trek books- and some non-Trek stories- as well as most of my props are there.

Posted: 26 May 2013 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14
mdbruffy - 26 May 2013 07:56 AM

I think most of them are available in the Freebies list by way of Xcalibur productions.  But with Tamerlane having problems- they got hit big time by spammers some months ago and still haven’t fully recovered- and the fact that Xcal doesn’t get the exposure it needs, I felt i’d be better off to consoladate things in my DA gallery. So now, all of my Nova Trek books- and some non-Trek stories- as well as most of my props are there.

Plus on Xcal, I have a very hard time finding some of the items on the first page.  o_O;;

Posted: 26 May 2013 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
TheCastellan - 26 May 2013 08:03 AM

Plus on Xcal, I have a very hard time finding some of the items on the first page.  o_O;;

You mean the home page or the downloads page?

Posted: 26 May 2013 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14
mdbruffy - 26 May 2013 08:13 AM

first page of this thread, with all the links to the stuff.  The xcal stuff, like the big phaser cannon, or TAS hallways, just takes me to ccal main page and not the item itself.

Posted: 26 May 2013 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
TheCastellan - 26 May 2013 10:26 AM
mdbruffy - 26 May 2013 08:13 AM

first page of this thread, with all the links to the stuff.  The xcal stuff, like the big phaser cannon, or TAS hallways, just takes me to ccal main page and not the item itself.

I see. Some sites don’t allow direct links- it’s not just Xcal. Don’t know why.

Posted: 26 May 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

After struggling with it for the last 2 days, fighting files that wouldn’t go away and installing it twice, I can honestly say;

It’s Alive! Done in Poser Pro 2014:

Image Attachments
Commodore-Jan-in-Pro-2014--.jpgST-II-Bridge-in-Pro-2014--W.jpgST-VI-Bridge-in-Pro-2014--W.jpg

Posted: 26 May 2013 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2006-10-07

Paul, got an answer for this?

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 26 May 2013 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  480
Joined  2009-07-12
mdbruffy - 26 May 2013 10:58 AM

All,

This is easily explained.

During my tenure as the ‘Keeper of the Freebies’ and then when I re-organized the list to directly link to various ships, props and skins. I was contacted via PM here and over at Deviant Art to only link to the front page of the website.

the reason being, to advertise their content and other services and not just the free items.

Xcalpro, http://www.trekmeshes.ch and the now nonexisitant Marygraphics (which held the Voyager based props) being just few of the big names that support our scifi fix.

for Xcalpro, the process is relatively simple click on the word download on the left hand side of the splash page, and then click on…say…Sets and Furniture.  and you’re in ...“slicker than snot”.

Treckmeshes.ch requires an extra step.  click on download meshes, then “I Agree’ if you agree to the Legalese. and surf to what you need.  Just remember DAZ Studio doesn’t use anything but it’s own formats and OBJ files.  Poser has the luxury of being able to use additional formats. So stick with OBJ formats.

Bruffy,

Great use of Poser2014. but now let see an image that won’t be in your graphic novel, ie same scene but ‘JUICED UP’ render settings, lets see some of the more heavily advanced firefly features. (I’d do the same but I’m a NOOB first deck-seaman when it comes to Poser.)

I’m curious to see what you turn out. 

I finally did my first 2014 image last night, I’m impressed to say the least with some of the features by I’m still a beginner. 

The fitting room in my opinion still lags behind in what I discovered as an ‘autofit’ in my tutorial for D|S ‘Never have poke through again. but then it’s probably me that doesn’t understand. how to use the feature…even after watching the tutorial four times.

Happy Futzing!
Paul

Signature 

Don’t resist change! Subvert from within!

Posted: 26 May 2013 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
PDSmith - 26 May 2013 12:31 PM
mdbruffy - 26 May 2013 10:58 AM

All,

This is easily explained.

During my tenure as the ‘Keeper of the Freebies’ and then when I re-organized the list to directly link to various ships, props and skins. I was contacted via PM here and over at Deviant Art to only link to the front page of the website.

the reason being, to advertise their content and other services and not just the free items.

Xcalpro, http://www.trekmeshes.ch and the now nonexisitant Marygraphics (which held the Voyager based props) being just few of the big names that support our scifi fix.

for Xcalpro, the process is relatively simple click on the word download on the left hand side of the splash page, and then click on…say…Sets and Furniture.  and you’re in ...“slicker than snot”.

Treckmeshes.ch requires an extra step.  click on download meshes, then “I Agree’ if you agree to the Legalese. and surf to what you need.  Just remember DAZ Studio doesn’t use anything but it’s own formats and OBJ files.  Poser has the luxury of being able to use additional formats. So stick with OBJ formats.

Bruffy,

Great use of Poser2014. but now let see an image that won’t be in your graphic novel, ie same scene but ‘JUICED UP’ render settings, lets see some of the more heavily advanced firefly features. (I’d do the same but I’m a NOOB first deck-seaman when it comes to Poser.)

I’m curious to see what you turn out. 

I finally did my first 2014 image last night, I’m impressed to say the least with some of the features by I’m still a beginner. 

The fitting room in my opinion still lags behind in what I discovered as an ‘autofit’ in my tutorial for D|S ‘Never have poke through again. but then it’s probably me that doesn’t understand. how to use the feature…even after watching the tutorial four times.

Happy Futzing!
Paul

You’re right about doing a non-trek pic. I should push the system before I try using it- especially considering the hassle I had to go through to get it to work.

5 of 99