Digital Art Zone

2 of 99
Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!
Posted: 20 May 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1472
Joined  2004-07-16
shadowhawk1 - 20 May 2013 07:09 AM
Ryuu@AMcCF - 20 May 2013 06:22 AM
shadowhawk1 - 19 May 2013 09:27 PM
mdbruffy - 19 May 2013 03:07 PM

Question for those with large Runtimes. Is there a program that will sort through, find and remove duplicate files?
I’m planning on getting Poser Pro 2014 next week and I figured this would be a good time to clean things out.

You might check out Netherworks stuff over at RDNA, he has created some great add ons for Poser, there is the new library manager and it has several add ons that might do what you are looking for.

I am currently doing a back up of my runtime for that same reason and it is pushing the 275gb range, might be time to start another one to go with it. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Whew! Nice to know there’re systems that can handle Runtimes in that size—mine’s only about 70-80Gig right now!

A library manager might be a good thing to have sooner rather than later. But I’m not seeing it right off hand. Can you post the exact name of the product to look for? or can you please PM me the direct link? Thanks!

Sorry Bruffy and Ryuu I gave you the wrong vendors name, here is a link to the Shaderworks Library manager 2.6 which is the base for most of the others they offer http://www.runtimedna.com/ShaderWorks-Library-Manager-2.6.html and then this one for the search for the addons. http://www.runtimedna.com/Scripts/ since I really am not sure what you are looking for it to do. I use the Library manager and it offers some really nice features in it. Hope this helps you out some.

My current runtime has been around since I started out with Poser 6 in one form or another, as I have upgraded I just backup and reinstall with each new program. Pretty much what I will do with this runtime when I install Poser Pro 2014 this week. So far it has been really stable but if it starts to get wonky I will probably have to create a second runtime but that just makes for a headache trying to remember where everything is.

My runtime has been around since Poser 5. I just checked and it’s at 81.1GB- and I know that some of that is duplicate files.

Posted: 20 May 2013 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  555
Joined  2011-04-14
Ryuu@AMcCF - 20 May 2013 06:18 AM
TheCastellan - 19 May 2013 05:39 PM

Lalalala

Mr. Scott: “Wha’ th’ blazezz?!? Th’ matter stream registered a sudden 300% increase ‘n mass durin’ transport….didju girls….? *looks up from the consol*....Uh-oh! big surprise Not again!

In my stories, a small band of Daleks, a sort of breakaway group if you will, that are against the standard Dalek mentality, have joined Starfleet, and in my stories, contributed to a great deal of break through, such as being the ones who helped design the Constitution and Excelsior ships.  In my stories, also, a Dalek is the first officer.  to paraphrase Matt Smith, “Crossovers are cool.” :D

Guys, are there any decent skin textures for both Aiko and Hiro 3 for Andorian, Orion, Klingon and Vulcan?

Posted: 20 May 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9327
Joined  2007-11-06
TheCastellan - 20 May 2013 05:57 PM

Lalalala

Mr. Scott: “Wha’ th’ blazezz?!? Th’ matter stream registered a sudden 300% increase ‘n mass durin’ transport….didju girls….? *looks up from the consol*....Uh-oh! big surprise Not again!

In my stories, a small band of Daleks, a sort of breakaway group if you will, that are against the standard Dalek mentality, have joined Starfleet, and in my stories, contributed to a great deal of break through, such as being the ones who helped design the Constitution and Excelsior ships.  In my stories, also, a Dalek is the first officer.  to paraphrase Matt Smith, “Crossovers are cool.” :D

Guys, are there any decent skin textures for both Aiko and Hiro 3 for Andorian, Orion, Klingon and Vulcan?

V3/M3 skins work on A3/H3, you just need to manually apply the texture to the extra thigh mat zone A3 & H3 have.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 20 May 2013 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14
fixmypcmike - 20 May 2013 06:02 PM

Lalalala

V3/M3 skins work on A3/H3, you just need to manually apply the texture to the extra thigh mat zone A3 & H3 have.

Thanks for bringing that up, since I was going to mention the thighs issues.

Posted: 20 May 2013 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14

Oh, man.  If someone could convert this into poser, I’d be a happy camper. :D http://www.3dgladiators.com/dloads/details.php?image_id=36&s=fc9473eca7e455806a4978150239b7aa

Posted: 20 May 2013 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

Double post- ignore.

Posted: 20 May 2013 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
mdbruffy - 20 May 2013 01:22 PM

Question for those with large Runtimes. Is there a program that will sort through, find and remove duplicate files?
I’m planning on getting Poser Pro 2014 next week and I figured this would be a good time to clean things out.

You might check out Netherworks stuff over at RDNA, he has created some great add ons for Poser, there is the new library manager and it has several add ons that might do what you are looking for.

I am currently doing a back up of my runtime for that same reason and it is pushing the 275gb range, might be time to start another one to go with it. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Whew! Nice to know there’re systems that can handle Runtimes in that size—mine’s only about 70-80Gig right now!

A library manager might be a good thing to have sooner rather than later. But I’m not seeing it right off hand. Can you post the exact name of the product to look for? or can you please PM me the direct link? Thanks!

Sorry Bruffy and Ryuu I gave you the wrong vendors name, here is a link to the Shaderworks Library manager 2.6 which is the base for most of the others they offer http://www.runtimedna.com/ShaderWorks-Library-Manager-2.6.html and then this one for the search for the addons. http://www.runtimedna.com/Scripts/ since I really am not sure what you are looking for it to do. I use the Library manager and it offers some really nice features in it. Hope this helps you out some.

My current runtime has been around since I started out with Poser 6 in one form or another, as I have upgraded I just backup and reinstall with each new program. Pretty much what I will do with this runtime when I install Poser Pro 2014 this week. So far it has been really stable but if it starts to get wonky I will probably have to create a second runtime but that just makes for a headache trying to remember where everything is.

My runtime has been around since Poser 5. I just checked and it’s at 81.1GB- and I know that some of that is duplicate files.

Checked that program out and it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. It replaces the existing library set up- and I like my library just like I have it. So, I’ve spent the evening manually removing files- all duplicates- and even though I still have the biggest files to go- Character poses, clothing, props and textures- I’ve already removed 1.6GB of files- and I know that’s going to grow.

Posted: 20 May 2013 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  634
Joined  2004-12-14

275Gb runtimes?

Kinda small isn’t it?

I’m pushing half a terabyte & I don’t have everything installed.tongue rolleye

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 21 May 2013 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  743
Joined  2006-10-07
mdbruffy - 20 May 2013 07:52 PM

Checked that program out and it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. It replaces the existing library set up- and I like my library just like I have it. So, I’ve spent the evening manually removing files- all duplicates- and even though I still have the biggest files to go- Character poses, clothing, props and textures- I’ve already removed 1.6GB of files- and I know that’s going to grow.

Sorry about that, I thought it might be able to help you out.  Not sure how you set up your runtime files, but I have everything broken down into groups, Clothes for V4 then sub groups for the different types, same for M4 and others I use. Then vehicles with subgroups and so on. I have found that it helps keep duplicates to a minimum. The hardest part is getting rid of the old texture files I till run across the occasional Gen 3 texture set once in a while. I also try to do an indepth scrub of my runtime when I upgrade to a newer version of Poser. Hope you clear up enough space for expansion. BTW you said you were grabbing Poser Pro 2014, it is up for sale now if you are buying now. The downloader they are using this time ROCKS!!

Signature 

“When wrongs are pressed because it is believed they will be borne, resistance becomes morality.”  “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”  “Most bad government has grown out of too much government.” —Thomas Jefferson.

Posted: 21 May 2013 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16
shadowhawk1 - 21 May 2013 02:47 AM
mdbruffy - 20 May 2013 07:52 PM

Sorry about that, I thought it might be able to help you out.  Not sure how you set up your runtime files, but I have everything broken down into groups, Clothes for V4 then sub groups for the different types, same for M4 and others I use. Then vehicles with subgroups and so on. I have found that it helps keep duplicates to a minimum. The hardest part is getting rid of the old texture files I till run across the occasional Gen 3 texture set once in a while. I also try to do an indepth scrub of my runtime when I upgrade to a newer version of Poser. Hope you clear up enough space for expansion. BTW you said you were grabbing Poser Pro 2014, it is up for sale now if you are buying now. The downloader they are using this time ROCKS!!

Yes I am. But I have to go to my nephew’s graduation tonight. Don’t know if I’ll be able to get it tonight or if I’ll have to wait till tomorrow. But I will have it before the week’s out.

Posted: 21 May 2013 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2003-10-09

Lalalala

Heh!

Well, you can’t blame me. The shadows did make the scene look rather ominous. I agree, “Crossovers are cool!”

[size=1]Ooops, did I say “Shadows”? This could get…involved....[/size ]:coolsmirk:

Posted: 21 May 2013 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2003-10-09
mdbruffy - 20 May 2013 01:22 PM

Thanks! I’ll check out the links as soon as I can.

I’ve been resorting the figures loaded by catagory ever since P4, when it began crashing because the library was too big. I accidentally discovered that Poser doesn’t like the top-level folders in the libraries to get too numerous, but it doesn’t care how many sub-folders you put in there. But after a while, the library just gets sooooo huge you spend ALL your time just hunting down shit just to resort them to where they will better fit in the sorting scheme—& God help you if you’re like me & tweak the scheme once in a while for better efficiency.

I just bought Poser Pro 2012 last month (looks like I should’ve waited a few weeks…. sick ....oh, well). Anyhow, I noticed that many items in the store were coming somewhat pre-sorted in catagories similar to what I was using. So, with this new Poser, I wanted to see how well Pro would handle such a huge library as well as see where everything would install as default. I have to same I’m quite impressed by Pro’s stability!! And the catagories the new installs are coming in look useful—but, of course, the stuff that I bought years ago will all have to be relocated. I’m hoping the Library Management tool will help on that.

Posted: 21 May 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  445
Joined  0

fun with toon shaders lol Here’s my Mego Spock action figure!

You know, those toon eyebrows are awesome.

Image Attachments
megospock.jpg

Posted: 21 May 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5183
Joined  2012-04-07

Oh boy, Mr Bean’s got some new Bumper Cars to play in grin

Okay, back to Star Trek: the info thread

Patient Rooms have been uploaded to DA

My TOS Andorian Antennae have been re-upped there too.

And there are some textures floating around in my Gallery which may or not be of interest.

Signature 

For those out of the news loop, 2 Suns.

Posted: 21 May 2013 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-07-16

How do I go about getting my Avatar working? I can’t seem to get to that window.

Okay, Got the install file and the badge zip for Poser pro 2014. Now I just have to finish cleaning out my Runtime before I install it.  grin

2 of 99