Digital Art Zone

log file??
Posted: 15 June 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2003-11-09

i just got an error that told me to go read the log file… but i can’t find the log file… anybody know where it is??

thanks!

Signature 

Posted: 15 June 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8695
Joined  2007-11-06

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 16 June 2012 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  99
Joined  2003-11-09

Thanks! silly me! I was looking in the various daz directories!

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14
hiker_1 - 16 June 2012 12:05 AM

Thanks! silly me! I was looking in the various daz directories!

On Windows machines you can find it at %AppData%\Roaming\DAZ 3D\studio4\log.txt

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 07 September 2014 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-10-20

It was giving me the error to see the log file for more detail I did but need to know how I fix it so it could work.

Posted: 07 September 2014 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14272
Joined  2003-10-09

What is “it” in this case?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 07 September 2014 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-10-20

it is the genesis when i try to open one it don’t let me and if i do open one it docent have geometry is in cubes how can I fix this I purchases Photoshop what else I need so the genesis have curves not cubes I,ll be grateful   if someone can help me

Posted: 07 September 2014 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-10-20

I’m so frustrated what I’m doing wrong none of the genesis model have geometry I’m not liking this I sit hours in font of the computer and I can’t make it work can someone help me please

Posted: 07 September 2014 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1774
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
Genesis showing up as ‘cubes’ implies that it’s having trouble finding the Genesis geometry.  It’s finding the high level figure file okay, but the actual geometry is missing.  (Don’t panic, it’s probably not actually missing, it’s just your configuration isn’t pointing to it for some reason.)

So…  If you have DAZ Install Manager, bring it up.  Go to the second tab (‘Ready to Install’), and down at the bottom make sure ‘Show details’ is checked.  There should be a label: ‘Content Files Install To’.

Now pull up DAZ Studio.  Go to the Content Library tab, and up at the top should be an icon with a right-pointing solid arrow and four horizontal lines.  Click that.  That’s a sort of ‘context menu’ for the tab.  Down from there is ‘Content Directory Manager’.  That’ll bring up a new dialog.  Use the disclosure arrow (right-pointing arrow) to open up ‘DAZ Studio Formats’.  Now make sure that the path listed in DAZ Install Manager’s ‘Content Files Install To’ is also in the ‘DAZ Studio Formats’ list.

If that’s not, then add it to DAZ Studio Formats by clicking the DAZ Studio Formats row, then an ‘Add’ button will appear on the left.  Click that and put the path in.

If the path DOES exist in DAZ Studio Formats, then it may have gotten installed wrong.

In DIM (DAZ Install Manager) go to the Installed tab.  Search for ‘essentials’.  There should be at least three, I think.  ‘Genesis Starter Essentials’, ‘Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials’, ‘Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials’.  To the right of Genesis Starter Essentials is a right-pointing arrow.  Click that, and one of the options will be ‘Show Installed Files…’  Click that.

In the resultant dialog, at the VERY top should be ‘Content (...a path…)’; make sure THAT path is in your DAZ Studio Formats list in DAZ Studio.

Below that top line should be a long list of files.  You don’t need to focus too much on those files, just quickly scroll through it and see if any _aren’t_ marked in blue and underlined.  If they aren’t, then that means that file is likely missing.  Too many of those, and I might suggest uninstalling and re-installing.

I hope this helps.  I’d provide screenshots, but this forum software makes those not very helpful. :(

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.