Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Duplicate Formulas Error Solved! Thank you Bejaymac!
Posted: 16 May 2013 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2006-02-27

IS there a quick and dirty way to fix the Duplicate Formulas Error

First two errors are due to missing morphs, the Joequick morphs are looking for morphs from other products and you either don’t have them or don’t have them installed.

Thank you, Thank you Bejaymac

The duplicate formula errors are easy enough to fix, DS4.5 or 4.6 will do it for you.

1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you’ll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it’s the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
3) Dial the morph to make sure it works and then zero it again.
4) at one end of the dial you’ll see a little “cog”, click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
5) in the new window that has just opened you will see a Color A & a Color B, click on Color B to open the color picker.
6) Set the color to 254, 254, 254 and click OK.
7) Click “Accept” at the bottom of the Parameter Settings window.
8) After that window closes go “File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets”.

DS will do a quick scan of the figure and open a small window that should only have the one file listed, accept it and DS will replace the old file with a new updated one.

You can now clear the scene and Genesis will no longer give you that error from that morph, you might still get it from others, but you now know how to fix it.

Posted: 16 May 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2008-10-07

This thread may be what you’re looking for:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/740/

Posted: 16 May 2013 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Unfortunately no.

This is a log, the files listed are ones I have installed on my own from a Rar file and I have checked to see if the files are duplicated or on multiple locations and they are not

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Mallenlane/Takashi/FBMTakashi.dsf#FBMTakashi?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Joequick/Duckie/DuckTakashiAdj.dsf
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5127): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/smay/MrHyde/FBMMrHyde.dsf#FBMMrHyde?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Joequick/Duckie/DuckHydeAdj.dsf
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking zOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yEnd & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking xOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking yOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5301): Duplicate formula found linking zOrientation & Value in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/HellFishStudios/HFS Shapes/HFS_Shapes_Head01.dsf.
File loaded in 0 min 7.5 sec.
Loaded file: Genesis.duf

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14834
Joined  2003-10-09

No, that’s for duplicate IDs. Duplicate Formulas is an older issue which requires getting newer copies of the morphs from your account or from the Install Manager (if you have the Genesis Evolution Expressions you need to uninstall those first). This has an entry in the FAQ, linked in my signature.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

I did that and still nothing

what would happen if I deleted the genesis duf file

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2846
Joined  2006-07-31

Those morphs aren’t from DAZ3D and I really doubt the vendor will update them. Is there a way to fix them ourselves?

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

I really can’t see how the formulas could have duplicated?

Posted: 16 May 2013 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14834
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s a bug in very old versions of DS4, I think someone did discuss a way of fixing that set recently but I’m not sure.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 May 2013 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

I have the latest version of DS4 and the latest of all the bases.

Posted: 16 May 2013 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  933
Joined  2007-01-04

First two errors are due to missing morphs, the Joequick morphs are looking for morphs from other products and you either don’t have them or don’t have them installed.

The duplicate formula errors are easy enough to fix, DS4.5 or 4.6 will do it for you.

1) load Genesis into an empty scene, you’ll get the error message, just click it to carry on.
2) find the offending morph(s) in the Parameters tab, in this case it Actor/Universal/Fantasy SciFi and it’s the HFS_Shapes_Head01 morph.
4) at one end of the dial you’ll see a little “cog”, click on it and in the little menu that opens click on Parameter settings.
5) in the new window that has just opened you will see a Color A & a Color B, click on Color B to open the color picker.
8) After that window closes go “File > Save As > Support Asset > Save Modified Assets”.

DS will do a quick scan of the figure and open a small window that should only have the one file listed, accept it and DS will replace the old file with a new updated one.

You can now clear the scene and Genesis will no longer give you that error from that morph, you might still get it from others, but you now know how to fix it.

Signature 

**shuffles of with a new headache** tongue wink

Posted: 16 May 2013 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2006-02-27

Awesome Bejaymac, Thank you so much!

Posted: 21 May 2013 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2003-10-09

Worked for me, nice one!

Posted: 21 May 2013 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

A c-c-color? All this time it was error for a color of slider? O_o

Bejaymac, thank you very much - it worked beautifully for me! No more annoyance!

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 21 May 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
Kattey - 21 May 2013 11:43 AM

Bejaymac, thank you very much - it worked beautifully for me! No more annoyance!

No it’s not a color, but you must change something to save as Updated, the Save fixes it not the color change.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 21 May 2013 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Jaderail - 21 May 2013 11:58 AM
Kattey - 21 May 2013 11:43 AM

No it’s not a color, but you must change something to save as Updated, the Save fixes it not the color change.

Ah! Got it, thanks!

Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-09-30
Bejaymac - 16 May 2013 05:36 PM

So I load Genesis into the scene, and an error message ... does not appear. Oh, well, carry on.
Okay, so I find the morph in the actors tab…
Wups, it won’t load from the content library. It won’t load onto Genesis at all.
Dial the morph to make sure it works? I can’t load the morph! It doesn’t work.
The morph does not list in the Parameter, so there is no dial or cog…
Needless to say none of the other items from 5) to 8) happen either.

I’m not trying to act stupid. This is my first time doing morphs in DS 4.5, and if I buy a product I expect to be able to use that product after downloading.

1 of 2