Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
DAz 4.6 upgrade
Posted: 16 May 2013 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-02-04

I purchased the new DAZ 4.6 pro.. but I cannot seem to find it to download.. I installed the new DAZ install manager and after some time it showed me my list of items I can download from my account, however I cannot see the DAZ 4.6 pro in the list.  I also cannot find an area on the website where I can see a list of my items to download like I used to.. how can I access my DAZ 4.6 download?

Posted: 16 May 2013 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

you can not install daz studio by DIM .

after you buy daz studio from web shop (if you have not downloaded daz studio 4 general version, form web),
you need to go to your Account page, then Go to Product library pane.

you can serch by Filter,, I think you simply find daz studio 4.6 Pro .
then download installer, and install ds 4.6 Pro. 

after that You need to install genesis sarter essential contents (buitl in contents for ds 4.6)
by DIM.

Posted: 16 May 2013 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-02-04

Thank you.. I couldnt find where my downloadable products were LOL

Do I have to uninstall 4.5? or can I just install 4.6 over the top.. I dont want to have to reinstall all my items again

Posted: 16 May 2013 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6489
Joined  2005-08-15

DS4.6 will uninstall DS4.5 for you.

It will not remove or replace any content, just the files that it installed the first time.

Posted: 16 May 2013 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

yes,, I think we need not,,,. but anyway when I version up ds,, I must uninstall
genesis starter essential by DIM >>CMS >> aprications

after that,, I install daz studio , (it install CMS again) then,, install newest starter essencial fo newest daz studio ^^;
I love newest ^^;

(when I update 4.0 to 4.5,  it caused me trouble,, so I do ^^

but I think,, now We need not uninstall aprications,ds installer may uninstall old version,
and if CMS have been up-dated it may auto up-date,,,  as gimmy and daz say)

about plug-in,,,muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,,, I do not know clear,,,
just hope it work without problem as same as before.

Posted: 16 May 2013 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2012-02-04

Thank you all very much

Posted: 16 May 2013 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2013-02-28

I received a firewall warning after downloading 4.6 (64bit). Is it possible I’m getting this because (1) it’s an exe and (2) it’s (as the warning reads) “not commonly downloaded” and I should simply ignore it? Mostly wondering if anyone else has encountered this warning.

Signature 

The Universe is a hairball. It was made by Fritz the Cat.raspberry Einstein claimed it was a plate of spaghetti, but you don’t want to know what transpired between him and Elsa for him to arrive at such a eureka moment…

Posted: 16 May 2013 06:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15648
Joined  2003-10-09

Another one of those messages generated by the current paranoid versions of many AV programs.

It does somewaht stand to reason that as a “New kid on the block” it hasn’t been downloaded as many times as older products.

It is one of the warnings that it is perfectly safe to ignore.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 16 May 2013 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2005-08-26

Curious if this will have any effect on Reality? Or if my reality install will be fine?

Signature 

My Renders: My DeviantArt Gallery
Revenger is always looking to meet 3d artists of all levels. FB me if you want to share, or just hangout in the background: http://www.facebook.com/revenger681

Posted: 16 May 2013 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2012-07-14

i just upped to 4.6 and reality started up fine so no problems their. did a quick test render, no problems at all. were good till 3.0

Posted: 16 May 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

I pretty much surmised all was well. If in doubt, move a pawn…

Signature 

The Universe is a hairball. It was made by Fritz the Cat.raspberry Einstein claimed it was a plate of spaghetti, but you don’t want to know what transpired between him and Elsa for him to arrive at such a eureka moment…

Posted: 16 May 2013 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1100
Joined  2003-12-16
revenger681 - 16 May 2013 07:27 AM

Curious if this will have any effect on Reality? Or if my reality install will be fine?

there’s a thread over at runtimedna and the developer (Paolo) has responded
http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?78801-Daz-Studio-4.6

I just wish my DL’s stop timing out so I can attempt to use 4.6!

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 16 May 2013 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28

SD,
Doesn’t your download list have a “resume” button? IE has had that since 8. Don’t feel bad though. I just noticed it about 2 weeks ago. Real Player has that “retry” option too.

Signature 

Posted: 16 May 2013 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1100
Joined  2003-12-16

No, it actually “appeared” to have finished, but capped out a 32MB. I think Daz3d was getting swamped with DL requests and servers behaving badly, I think they’re better now though. Impressive update, anyone still holding out on DS3 should take a serious look at this one and I say that as the former Pope of the DS3 holdouts. For it is written: “Subsurface Scattering, and modeling tools, not to mention DSON loads and saves wicked fast.” Daz 4.6

Signature 

Gravy to potatoes, Luke to Darth Vader, I’m a souped up sucker and I’ll see you all later

Posted: 16 May 2013 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2006-03-05

It won’t let me get 4.6. It says I already purchased it. But I just got the email today.

Posted: 16 May 2013 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRank
Joined  2013-02-28
nightwing003 - 16 May 2013 04:51 PM

It won’t let me get 4.6. It says I already purchased it. But I just got the email today.

I did too, but said to myself “Self. Try that button again!” So I did and the DL began. wink

Edit: That was greatly abbreviated. The DL was actually in my account/library page… (also read that it was automatic, but one wouldn’t know that from the email announcement…)

No, it actually “appeared” to have finished, but capped out a 32MB

I try to do my DL’s in the morning hours EST. Less traffic.

Signature 

1 of 2