Digital Art Zone

2 of 5
Tlaloc For M4 (Update : DS-Specific MATS Now Available)
Posted: 18 May 2013 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-01-23

Ouch, looks like someone took a beating… Gotta say that looks “good” in the actually painful/well done type way lol

Posted: 18 May 2013 12:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  226
Joined  0

Well, if he’s got scars, he had to get them somehow, right? Glad you like it. =)

Signature 

“It is small and broken, but still good. Still good.”
—Lilo & Stitch—

My Content Paradise Store
My Freebies

Posted: 18 May 2013 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Back view - scarred texture - Elite body morph…

Yes, the line on the upper left arm here is part of the scarring, NOT a texture seam.

Click for full view.

Back to work. =)

Image Attachments
Tlaloc05.png
 Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 18 May 2013 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-08-24

He is looking great!

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2013 04:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  0

The wounded texture is fully complete. =) Quick preview of the just-got-out-of-a-fight texture option here. LOL

Like the main texture - there is a version both with and without scars.

Also a preview of one of the eye options - green, this time. I’ll try to get all the eye colors rendered and displayed on an image at once for ya’ll. There’s some ‘natural’ colors in there as well as some fantasy colors (silvers, pink, purple, etc).

Image Attachments
Tlaloc06.pngEyes04.png
 Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 18 May 2013 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-01-23

OUCH! I wonder what he could have possibly done to deserve that.

Posted: 18 May 2013 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Or what trouble he got caught in the middle of, yes!

I am thinking about with the wounded options though, making multiple MATS. IOW… one MAT that would apply all of them, one that would apply the head only, another that would apply body-only, and one that will apply arms-only, legs-only, and torso-only… so that folks can use as many or as few of the wound options as they wish to. Basically, I’m trying to make this thing as flexible as possible.

I have already decided to do the same thing for the scar maps. Full scars, head-only, body-only, arms-only, torso-only, and legs-only. So that again, folks can pick and choose and apply all or part of the scar options as they wish to.

Flexibility, in my opinion, is key when creating digital content, because you never know what your end-users are actually going to want to DO with your content, and there are so many different possibilities. I can’t tell you how much I absolutely HATE the fact that there is no way to texture the Gen4’s eyes individually, without creating double eye maps. And that is why there are not going to be any injured-eye textures with this package, when honestly.. with the way the scar runs through the right eye, there should at least be some textures for a right-eye injury. But if I did that, the sheer size of the zip file would be through the roof.

Example :
Let’s say I want to make a cataract texture. Well, I might want the cataract in only the right eye, and you might want it in only the left eye. But because the irises, pupils, corneas, and scleras are all textured together (we do not have a RIGHT iris, RIGHT pupil, LEFT cornea, LEFT sclera material zone… “iris” is for BOTH left and right irises).... then if I want to make the maps flexible, I have to do ONE eye map with the cataract on the right, one with the cataract on the left… and I would have to do this for EVERY eye color option in the package. The final result of that is the need to distribute many extra texture maps, which further balloons out the size of the file. So even if I only had TWO color options… it would require SIX different eye maps. That is insane!

With the Gen3’s, we had a right iris, left iris, right pupil, left pupil thing going with the material zones. So I could make, say, ONE texture map with both eyes textured for cataracts, and then make a MAT file that applied the cataract map to only ONE eye… so the end user could choose a blue, brown, green, purple, whatever-eye color… and then apply the cataracts MAT to ONLY the one eye they wanted it in.

With the Gen4 setup, I would literally have to make a cataract texture map with EVERY eye color, for BOTH eyes, in order to give the end-users that level of flexibility. It’s very frustrating! And this is why there are not going to be any injured-eye textures with him.

Anyway. Sorry. I think I got ranting, my apologies. I’m working on making all the Poser MAT files right now (and rendering examples of the various eye colors). I still haven’t had any luck on making proper war-painted texture options, which I really wanted to do for this guy. If I can ever figure it out, I suppose I can just release them later as an add-on for him, right? LOL!

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 19 May 2013 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Here’s the eyes… 8 total… 4 natural and 4 fantasy.

The eye colors are now written in stone and completed, including MAT files…

Click for full view.

Image Attachments
Eyes.jpg
 Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 19 May 2013 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  358
Joined  2005-11-24

He’s looking very good, I’ve got to say.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2013 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2006-09-05

That is a massive amount of work Seliah.

Posted: 19 May 2013 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  0

I’m glad ya’ll like him. With one exception that I’ll get to, I’m down to just the nitty gritty of making the MAT files for him now. And then the promo renders and morph INJ files.

- The scar maps are finalized - Poser MATs made.
- Non-scar maps are finalized - Poser MATs made.
- Partial-MATs are made for the scars.
- Partial-MATs are made for the wounds, both with and without scars.
- Eye maps are finalized - Poser MATs are made.

I have an issue with the seam on the wounded limbs texture with his left hand that I am working on fixing right now. Once that is done, I will be able to consider all the Poser MAT files done, and will get onto makng the morph INJ/REM files for him.

One other thing here : with the way the Gen4 maps are laid out, I have to include the hip zone on the torso-only MATs.. This means you will have some of the upper thigh leg scarring and wounds on those partial MATs, because the “hip” MAT zone goes from belly button to mid thigh, and I am not making extra copies of the textures to avoid the upper thigh wound/scars.  I also cannot leave the hip zone out of the torso-only MATs, because there is a wound and some scars that would have an unnatural, horizontal cut-off mid-wound and mid-scar.

I will get some other example renders made once I have the hand seam sorted out, but I consider this the home stretch. =)

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 19 May 2013 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  358
Joined  2005-11-24

For such a complicated character, you have done a really good and fast job as it is. Waiting patiently for you to hit home plate. smile

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2013 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  0

One last thing that I meant to add in the above post…

Once I have the seam issue sorted, I will be looking for a Studio user who would be willing to do a beta test with him. I do have DS, but it is not my native program and I am still struggling with the finer points of it. I want to try and make him compatible with Studio with hopefully minimal tweaking needed. I do plan to try and make Studio specific MATs, if I can figure out how it’s done.

What I would need in a DS tester is someone who knows the material room, and is willing to run him through all of his paces to make sure he works… and possibly let me know what quirks he might have inside Studio if I am unable to make the DS MATs for him. And also, obviously, let me know if they run across things like seam issues I may have missed or a MAT or INJ/REM file that fails to work as it should. I also will need to know if I have the file structure correct or not for installing to Studio, as the DS installation process is still very confusing to me.

If someone is willing to do that, please let me know, and I will send you a copy of him directly.

Thanks!

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 21 May 2013 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2003-11-21

You know you can count on me to run some tests on him for ya :D
He really is looking quite fantastic so far.

Posted: 21 May 2013 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  0
chellethecat - 21 May 2013 02:09 AM

You know you can count on me to run some tests on him for ya :D
He really is looking quite fantastic so far.

Thanks, ‘Chelle! I’ll let you know once I have the seam issue sorted and have him in a zip-able state. I’m still fighting with the same seam issue here. And it’s just the one hand, but I need to get it sorted.

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

2 of 5