Digital Art Zone

1 of 5
Tlaloc For M4 (Update : DS-Specific MATS Now Available)
Posted: 15 May 2013 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  193
Joined  0

**UPDATE #4 - 21.06.2013**
I now have Studio-specific MATs made for Nathan, so you Studio folks don’t need to manually adjust the texture settings every time you load him into a scene. (I know Studio applies an over-abundant specularity value, among other things, to his skin).

I’ll get the DS Mats uploaded to my main website eventually, but for now, you can also get them off of ShareCG.
http://www.sharecg.com/v/69929/view/11/Poser/COF-Nathan-Tlaloc-DS-Mats

**UPDATE #3 - 12.06.2013**
Thanks to Frodi, who pointed out there was an error in my texture references on three of the MAT files, I’ve gone in and fixed those errors. If you downloaded him prior to today (6/12/2013), please re-download the zip to get the fixed MAT pose files. Reinstall the Base Texture, Head NO Scars, and Head Scar pz2 files in order to update to the fixed version. Sorry, guys! That one got past me before uploading.

**UPDATE #2**
For those who dislike my website navigation, Nathan is now up on ShareCG as well.

You can find him over there at this link:
http://www.ShareCG.com/v/69762/view/11/Poser/COF-Nathan-Tlaloc

**UPDATE 11.06.2013**
http://www.childeoffyre.com

Alrighty! He’s finally available for download off of my website. I’ll get him posted to ShareCG eventually as well, and I will of course supply that link once I have him up there. For now, though, you can definitely grab him off of my website.

To get to him, just click the splash image, and then click “Characters” in the LEFT HAND side navigation menu. His details page will load from the thumbnail (link at the bottom of the details page). I attached the thumbnail you’ll be looking for on the characters page of the website.

DISCLAIMER :
You *MUST* load a separate M4 if you intend to switch back and forth between the Elite/H4 and the Morphs++ versions of his morph presets. For some wonky reason, the files won’t work correctly if you attempt to use them on the same M4 figure. I do NOT know why this is, and apparently no one else does, either.

STUDIO Users :
You WILL need to adjust the specularity settings on his skin, as Studio seems to automatically assign a full 1.000 value to his skin specularity. I *WILL* look into getting DS-specific MAT files made as soon as I can. Once I can find a how-to…

Package Contents :
8 Eye Textures
4 Limbs Textures
4 Torso Textures
4 Head Textures
1 Lash Transmap
1 Teeth/Gums Texture
PNG Thumbnails

Elite/H4 INJ/REM for the head
Elite/H4 INJ/REM for the body
Elite/H4 INJ/REM for both at once
Morphs++ INJ/REM for the head
Morphs++ INJ/REM for the body
Morphs++ INJ/REM for both at once

1 Base Texture MAT (apply this first!!)
8 Eye MAT poses
4 Body (from neck down) MAT poses
3 Scar Partial MAT poses (Arms, Legs, Torso)
6 Wounded Partial MAT poses
——Arms NO Scar
——Arms With Scars
——Legs NO Scar
——Legs With Scars
——Torso NO Scar
——Torso With Scars

4 Head MAT poses
——Base Head (no scars, no wounds)
——Scars
——Wounds-Only
——Wounds With Scars

I know it’s been a long time since I’ve been in here posting anything up. It’s been nuts on my end, combined with memory issues on the computer, which means limited to no artwork or creation capabilities. Anyway, I’m looking for input on this guy - would there be any interest in him? This is a skin I had to make for an RP character of mine, as I couldn’t find anything out there that seemed to suit him.

Would ya’ll be interested in it? He’s for M4. Nothing fancy here, a bunch of eye textures, one scarred texture, and one non-scarred texture for the skin. His morphs use a combination of the Morphs++ and M4’s Elite morphs.

Here’s a closeup of the scarred face MAT… rendered in Poser Pro 2010.

I’ll try to do a DS rendering later and see what it looks like, but I do not have DS-specific MATs for him, and have no idea how to make them, either…

Please Note : I did this with fairly low-quality render settings due to memory issues on my system. Will do a better shot later. I’m still fussing with the scars on his torso and legs… not happy with the ones on his legs at all yet. He’s very much still a work in progress.

The shirt is from the Midnight Hunter set with Arien’s texture. Hair is the Midnight Prince set with extensive modifications on the texture done by me. Click on the image to see full size.

Image Attachments
Tlaloc-th.jpgTlaloc-Heads.jpg
 Signature 

“It is small and broken, but still good. Still good.”
—Lilo & Stitch—

My Content Paradise Store
My Freebies

Posted: 16 May 2013 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2005-07-18

Interest in a darker-skinned male character? OH HELL YES. I for one would be grabbing this in a second and thanking you profusely.

Signature 

My freebies on ShareCG
Visit my webcomic: Sunset Grill

Posted: 16 May 2013 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-01-23
katfeete - 16 May 2013 05:16 AM

Interest in a darker-skinned male character? OH HELL YES. I for one would be grabbing this in a second and thanking you profusely.

I second that, also: so far looks great!

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Alrighty. I will do more work on the limbs and torso then, and get him released. =) 

Does anyone know of a good tutorial on displacement mapping? The scars on his torso and limbs really need it, but I can’t seem to get the effect without making the rest of his skin look like sun-dried leather. lol

And yes, he is darker skinned… the character he was originally made for is a mix-blooded Hitchiti native. There’s enough caucasians out there in my opinion… and hardly any free skins for M4. I’d like to eventually get his eyebrows done as a transparency because the skin could lend itself to black or brown hair… but the brows here are only good for brown.

Anyway. I will do some more work on him, and get a few more examples up.

Edit: When I’m happy with the Poser MATs, I’ll look into making Studio ones if I can. Not promising, as I still struggle with Studio, but I will try.

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 16 May 2013 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Also - question open for input…  Should I include a head/body morph version that does NOT use the M4 Elite morphs? What I’m worried about it is I don’t know how popular the Elite morphs were for M4, and I usually try to make sure that whatever I release is useable to as many people as possible. I’m thinking about including a Non-Elite version of the head and body morph for folks who do not have that package.

If ya’ll would like to see a version without the Elite morphs involved, I’ll make one and include that as well. Let me know. =)

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 16 May 2013 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2955
Joined  2010-11-30
Seliah - 16 May 2013 02:54 PM

Also - question open for input…  Should I include a head/body morph version that does NOT use the M4 Elite morphs? What I’m worried about it is I don’t know how popular the Elite morphs were for M4, and I usually try to make sure that whatever I release is useable to as many people as possible. I’m thinking about including a Non-Elite version of the head and body morph for folks who do not have that package.

If ya’ll would like to see a version without the Elite morphs involved, I’ll make one and include that as well. Let me know. =)

I just double-checked my product library, and the M4 Elite morphs aren’t there. So there’s at least one person interested in a version without the Elite morphs - me.

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki - rather small at the moment, but with big dreams to be the one-stop list for all D|S and Poser freebies

Come take part in the December Freebie Challenge! (And see who won November’s Challenge, too!)

Posted: 16 May 2013 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2006-09-05

I like him a lot, but I don’t have the M4 Elite morphs either. So here is person #2 who is interested in a version M4 Elite morphs. Great to see you back Seliah.

Posted: 16 May 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Alright. I will do a non-Elite set of his morphs for the folks who don’t have that package. =)

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 16 May 2013 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Okay, so at the moment, this is what the package will look like for contents:

- Elite Head INJ/REM
- Non-Elite Head INJ/REM
- Elite Body INJ/REM
- Non-Elite Body INJ/REM
- Scarred Head Texture
- Non-Scarred Head Texture
- Scarred Body Texture
- Non-Scarred Body Texture

WIP and “Maybe” Contents :

- Multiple Eye Textures (Still deciding which ones to keep and throw out)
- Warpainted texture (for both scarred and non-scarred options) IF IF IF… If I can get a warpainting that I think looks good done on the textures. This one is very much up in the air, as I am definitely struggling with seams and the like on it, largely due to the completely insane layout of the Gen4 texture maps making it so hard to work with.
- Maybe a few poses to go along with the pack…also up in the air yet.
- Also still very much up in the air…possibly a set of Genesis morphs to go with the skin, as I know that Genesis can use the Gen4 UV’s and take Gen4 textures that way. But this one is very dependant on me figuring out how to make the morphs exportable and distributable for general consumption.
- Studio specific MATs for the textures. Also dependant on my being able to get files in a distributable format…as well as figuring out the Studio shaders/material room.

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 17 May 2013 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  0

A quick look at the texture without all the scars (and blue eyes rather than brown). Also most of the body morph, since it’s basically a hips-and-up camera angle here.

Still working on the “scarred” torso and limb textures… not very happy with them yet. Getting there.

Image Attachments
Tlaloc01.png
 Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 17 May 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-08-24

Wow, nice char for M4!  I am also in the camp of not having elite morphs, thank you for making a non elite version.  Looking forward to this char, it’s nice to see something ethnic for a change.

Signature 

Posted: 17 May 2013 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  0

You are welcome. I do try to make sure my things are useable to as many folks as possible. That being said, I went to do the non-Elite morphs and found that they only effect the body. I used some of the Adonis and Svelte morphs on the body. I used the hand smooth and taper finger morphs from Hiro4 on his hands.

What this means is that the face morphs seen in the preview will remain unchanged for you non-Elite folks. The non-Elite body shape will have the Elite and the H4 morphs removed for folks who don’t have those products. The removal of the Hiro hand morphs doesn’t really effect the overall shape, I just used them to remove some of the meaty-ness from his hands and make them a little more lean to suit his overall build better.

The biggest impact is on the body shape. And I have gotten what I think is a close approximation of his build with a couple of the other Morphs++ dials. I will post a preview once it is done rendering here.

Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 17 May 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  0

Update (and another test render). The non-scarred texture is satisfactorily completed. The facial scarring is completed, as is the torso scarring maps. I think I’m happy with the limb scars as well. Have begun experimenting a little with some wounded/stitches/staples textures options (which, if I do, I will do them both with and without the scarring). Someone kick me… this thing is going to be huge before I’m done, just like the big variety set was for the male Shadowdancer outfits! LOL

I’ve also gotten the NON-Elite/Non-Hiro4 morphs done for him as well.

What you see in this render is what Nathan Tlaloc would look like with only the Morphs++ applied. No Elite or H4 morphs. Anyway - here’s another quickie test-render. Brown eyes, scarred textures, NON-Elite morphs. I think I’ve gotten his body shape pretty close to what it looks like with the Elite morphs dialed in. Mostly we lose some of the finer sculpting on the muscle structure, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s just a slightly different shape that can be used if someone either doesn’t have the other packages, or wants a less muscular shape for him.

(Again, you will need to click the image for full size to see the details on the scars and whatnot.  I’m doing the best I can with those, since I am having a lot of difficulty getting any sort of displacement to look good. Very much learning as I go here. He’s only the second skin I’ve done on the Gen4’s. Up to now all my Gen4’s have been morphs-only characters.)

Image Attachments
Tlaloc03.png
 Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

Posted: 17 May 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2008-01-23

The Shadowdancer Outfit was my favorite outfit for the longest time :D

So far looks amazing can’t wait !

Posted: 17 May 2013 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2006-09-05

He looks good.

Posted: 17 May 2013 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  0

And… a quick preview of the experimentation with wounded texture options. I’ve only done the head so far - and this one has the scars on it. I also have a version of the head option with NO scars, as well. And yes, I am working on a body texture to go with the head options here. Like the head, there will be maps with and without the scarring. I really want to do a decent war-painted one…. but so far just not happy with the results of that at all! LOL

Image Attachments
Tlaloc04.png
 Signature 

—Lilo & Stitch—

My Freebies

1 of 5