Digital Art Zone

38 of 40
DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!
Posted: 09 August 2013 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 556 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1399
Joined  2009-09-11

What about none DIM users why do I get the feeling this is the way its going to be from now on…

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 09 August 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 557 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2006-12-09

How do I get the GoZ plugin installed in the Beta version?  I have DS 4.6.18 general release with my GoZ plugin….but nothing comes up under the plugin for the GoZ Beta 4.6.81

Posted: 10 August 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 558 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13719
Joined  2003-10-09

According to a post elsewhere the GoZ installer should be appearing over the weekend.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 10 August 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 559 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10783
Joined  2007-11-06

...well as usual, I’ll let others work the bugs out and submit support tickets for now until the official public release is ready.

Still have too many projects in the wings to mess with beta testing.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

Iā€™d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 17 August 2013 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 560 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2012-08-07

May you answer already, and may I did not understand, sorry about my poor english!
I just installed Daz Studio 4.6, uninstall 4.5 version , trough Install Manager I install Daz Studio 4.6 version as fixmypcmike suggested answering one of my previous answer, thanks a lot! What about Goz and Bridge Plugins?
In my Install Manager download page I have Goz and Bridge 4.5 version, do they work with Daz Studio 4.6?
Thanks a lot!

Signature 

Dive for me into a Deep Blue Ocean of Breathless Extreme Emotions…
http://www.extremespearfishing-worldtravel.com/

Posted: 18 August 2013 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 561 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8431
Joined  2007-11-06

The ones from Install Manager match the DS version in Install Manager (4.6.0.18).

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 18 August 2013 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 562 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4135
Joined  2011-11-25

Since upgrading to 4.6 I am getting DAZ studio “Not responding” for lengths of time when trying to merge two files. This has not happened to me before.

It seems to take longer to read assets of files and load them.

Not every file, of course, just the larger ones. that I of course want to use.

Posted: 18 August 2013 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 563 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2287
Joined  2003-12-06
SereneNight - 18 August 2013 06:25 PM

It seems to take longer to read assets of files and load them.

If these files you’re merging are old .daz scenes, then that’s probably due to the change of file format. The .daz format isn’t native for D|S4.6 any more, it now uses the .duf format, it has to translate everything into the new internal format, and this takes time. I don’t think I’ve seen any actual “not responding” glitches ā€” in this situation, anyway ā€” but merging .daz files definitely takes longer than it used to.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 18 August 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 564 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

I’m not sure how old they are, but I get stuck with certain files hanging on opening. Of course these are the ones with complex characters that I do not and will not be easy to recreate.

It is frustrating, because I did not have this issue with the previous beta.

Posted: 18 August 2013 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 565 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4474
Joined  2004-08-11

I’m not bothering with the beta this time around.  This “stable” version of DS 1) takes FOREVER to invoke, 2) takes FOREVER to read My Library files (yea I got allot but wasn’t this bad one version back and yea, the GoZ plugin this time around is one buggy mess.  Even Cath (Mec4D) complains about the GoZ bridge giving her fits and frustration.  There are other minor glitches but those 3 are the main ones.  Now I’m reading there are other issues with the new beta.  No thanks!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 18 August 2013 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 566 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-11-25

I wish I hadn’t updated this time around. I have spent hours making a complex character to use repeatedly and now he hangs on loading in a scene with other characters.  Bah maybe I need to recreate him in the beta native but attaching all the parts and extras took a long time. I don’t really anticipate having fun making him again but at least I can load the character and write down all his settings.

Posted: 22 August 2013 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 567 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2008-05-19

I finally tried Studio 4.6 on my PC ( win 7 64 ) and am wondering if they are going to work on stabilizing the content management system.  I’m used to Studio 3 and the content database and the new options looked good.  I must have spent 8 - 10 hrs organizing my content using the product list ( I only made it through C ) when I noticed one of the products I had just organized, under the name of the next product to be organized!  I tried re-importing the Metadata and the Smart Content disappeared!  CMS WAS running.  When I looked at the Category view again, Products had disappeared and the catagories had no entries at all.  My content was in the folder view, so the content is still on the disk, but nowhere else.  I tried searching Known Directories for content to repopulate the database, but nothing happened.  Needless to say, after all this, I’m totally confused.  All these new features are nice to see, but if you can’t get your content in the picture, they are worthless.
                  Gus

Posted: 23 August 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 568 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8431
Joined  2007-11-06
Gusf1 - 22 August 2013 11:36 PM

I finally tried Studio 4.6 on my PC ( win 7 64 ) and am wondering if they are going to work on stabilizing the content management system.  I’m used to Studio 3 and the content database and the new options looked good.  I must have spent 8 - 10 hrs organizing my content using the product list ( I only made it through C ) when I noticed one of the products I had just organized, under the name of the next product to be organized!  I tried re-importing the Metadata and the Smart Content disappeared!  CMS WAS running.  When I looked at the Category view again, Products had disappeared and the catagories had no entries at all.  My content was in the folder view, so the content is still on the disk, but nowhere else.  I tried searching Known Directories for content to repopulate the database, but nothing happened.  Needless to say, after all this, I’m totally confused.  All these new features are nice to see, but if you can’t get your content in the picture, they are worthless.
                  Gus

If the CMS is running but Products and Categories are empty, something is blocking DS and CMS communicating, either a security program or something else using the port.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 27 August 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 569 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2004-10-02

HI Guys. I"m glad i found this thread.
Well for me, 4.6.0.18 for the mac has been pretty impossible to work with specifically in the Timeline keyframing and aniMate2.
They are just not working.

For example the Timeline, i go to Edit/Figure/Clear Pose and it doesn’t. erase the keyframe indicators. And also sometimes suddenly weird keyframes are created and they stop my animation and freeze it at those frames.

But to animate, those are the things you need most. So i don’t know what to do.

for example i need to access my animations in animate2…

The whole animate2 window is weird, it doesn’t respond. and the aniblocks from my folders don’t even fit. and DS doesn’t slide them over so i can see them all. They just don’t fit and you cant see the ones that don’t fit.

Then of course, at suden times you can’t access the aniblock list..the thing doesn’t work.

I have DAZ 3 installed in my computer too, is that what can be making me have problems with animate?

Posted: 27 August 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 570 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2004-10-02
nokoteb99 - 27 August 2013 11:58 AM

HI Guys. I"m glad i found this thread.
Well for me, 4.6.0.18 for the mac has been pretty impossible to work with specifically in the Timeline keyframing and aniMate2.
They are just not working.

For example the Timeline, i go to Edit/Figure/Clear Pose and it doesn’t. erase the keyframe indicators. And also sometimes suddenly weird keyframes are created and they stop my animation and freeze it at those frames.

But to animate, those are the things you need most. So i don’t know what to do.

for example i need to access my animations in animate2…

The whole animate2 window is weird, it doesn’t respond. and the aniblocks from my folders don’t even fit. and DS doesn’t slide them over so i can see them all. They just don’t fit and you cant see the ones that don’t fit.

Then of course, at suden times you can’t access the aniblock list..the thing doesn’t work.

I have DAZ 3 installed in my computer too, is that what can be making me have problems with animate?

Hi guys, found a workaround for the Animate2 thing. For some reason ,it doesn’t work when it’s floating, or when it’s docked with the Timeline, but when you dock it to the side, it works. great!

38 of 40