Digital Art Zone

35 of 40
DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!
Posted: 27 June 2013 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 511 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2012-07-24
Richard Haseltine - 27 June 2013 05:57 AM

It’s getting stuck optimising images - it does that sometimes. Use Edit>Preferences to check the location of your temp folder and either go there to delete its current contents, then reload the scene and try rendering, or try changing the location and again reload and try rendering.

That’s got it. Thank you kindly!

Posted: 27 June 2013 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 512 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7964
Joined  2006-03-19
MelanieL - 26 June 2013 01:36 PM
Richard Haseltine - 26 June 2013 09:53 AM

The CMS is now installed with the Install Manager itself, not DS, so that peopel with Carrara etc. don’t have to install DS to get it. Reinstall DIM and you should get it back.

Can you clarify: are you really saying I can’t get the CMS in DS4.6 unless I’ve installed the DIM? If so, what happened to all the comments in the past along the lines of “you don’t have to use the DIM” - do you have to install it even if you don’t use it?

We got word that DAZ does not intend to get rid of the Bitrock installers for Application and plug-ins. DS will still come with CMS if you install via the .exe. So, you don’t have to install or use DIM

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 27 June 2013 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 513 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1348
Joined  2010-01-23
Frank0314 - 27 June 2013 01:58 PM
MelanieL - 26 June 2013 01:36 PM
Richard Haseltine - 26 June 2013 09:53 AM

The CMS is now installed with the Install Manager itself, not DS, so that peopel with Carrara etc. don’t have to install DS to get it. Reinstall DIM and you should get it back.

Can you clarify: are you really saying I can’t get the CMS in DS4.6 unless I’ve installed the DIM? If so, what happened to all the comments in the past along the lines of “you don’t have to use the DIM” - do you have to install it even if you don’t use it?

We got word that DAZ does not intend to get rid of the Bitrock installers for Application and plug-ins. DS will still come with CMS if you install via the .exe. So, you don’t have to install or use DIM

Thanks for that info - I prefer not to install DIM on my main DS machine (because I use a complicated library setup) so it seems that as long as I install DS4.6 from the exe-file I’ll be OK. (I have DIM installed for downloading only on my laptop, which has the internet connection, then copy the zip files over to the other machine and unzip them there to wherever I want)

Signature 

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club

Posted: 01 July 2013 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 514 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2012-08-31
Richard Haseltine - 16 May 2013 05:54 AM
jaebea - 15 May 2013 06:33 PM

Question about changes:  “Added support for TriAx to TriAx AutoFit”  Does this mean that when I convert V4/M4 to a TriAx Weight Mapped that TriAx AutoFit will work with them like it does with Genesis?

It’s for converting clothing for one TriAx figure to another (previously it worked only from a legacy figure like V4 or M4 or the Millennium Horse to a TriAx figure like Genesis or the DAZ Horse 2). It isn’t terribly useful at the moment, since there’s no Horse2 clone shape for Genesis nor vice versa, but as more TriAx figures appear it will potentially be useful (I suppose someone could make a Genesis clone shape for Cthulu, so the poor thing could wear clothes).

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70144/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph

Not a horse…. but give me time and I’ll see what I can do about that.

Posted: 01 July 2013 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 515 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2003-12-10

This is an absolutly NO GO !!! I’ve created a custom body morph for my own use by mixing pregiven Morph targets and exporting them as an *.obj file into my DAZStudio 4 folder. I loaded the *.obj via morph loader and everything worked fine. It is not yet obvious to me how to create a permanent slider in Daz-Studio, so I intend to do it in another session. After closing DAZ, I found out that my *.obj-file was GONE. DAZ-Studio deleted my *.obj-file. Is this on purpose or a bug? However it is unaccepteble.

Posted: 01 July 2013 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 516 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15659
Joined  2003-10-09
Masterstroke - 01 July 2013 11:31 AM

This is an absolutly NO GO !!! I’ve created a custom body morph for my own use by mixing pregiven Morph targets and exporting them as an *.obj file into my DAZStudio 4 folder. I loaded the *.obj via morph loader and everything worked fine. It is not yet obvious to me how to create a permanent slider in Daz-Studio, so I intend to do it in another session. After closing DAZ, I found out that my *.obj-file was GONE. DAZ-Studio deleted my *.obj-file. Is this on purpose or a bug? However it is unaccepteble.

DS is unlikely to have deleted your OBJ file itself - it certainly never has for me - so i would suggest doing a file search, if you look for OBJ files newer then the date you did the work you should catch it.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 517 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-12-10

I did that file-serch. I tryed it several times, that obj-file stored as a source for morph loader will be deleted, when closing DS. A workaround is to copy that file from the explorer as long as DS is running and paste it in adifferent folder.

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 518 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9573
Joined  2007-11-06

Where are you exporting the obj file to?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 519 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-12-10

To my DS programm folder. D:\DAZ\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 DS seems to handle it like a temp-file.

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 520 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Odd—are you looking for it in Windows Explorer?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 521 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-12-10

Yes, even inwindows explorer search it was not to be found. After closing DS, the obj-file is gone. Copy, paste and rename it before closing DS , to keep your file safe.

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 522 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

That’s really strange—can you give your exact steps so I can try to replicate it?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 523 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-12-10

More weird: The copyed backup file musn’t stored in the DAZStudio folder either or else it is gone too. It has to be adifferent folder to keep it safe.

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 524 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-12-10

The problem seems to be that ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 folder. Tryed ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Props instead and the file stays untouched after closing. 
1.create a mix of different pregiven morphs.
2.Export that figure without subdivision as an obj-file into (in my case) D:\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 .
3.close DS
... now I expect that obj-file to be still there.
4.check windows explorer and search for the obj, it’s gone. (I resized the DS window to a smaller size in order to watch the windows explorer and DS at the same time. I could watch that obj-file disapearing shortly after DS has been shut down.

Posted: 01 July 2013 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 525 ]
Rank
Joined  2003-12-10

o.k. had more tests done. This is not just about obj-files. This is about any file that is in the ...\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio folder. It seems as if DS deletes any file after closing, that was not there by default.

35 of 40