DAZ Studio Pro 188.8.131.52 General Release, Now Available!
DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of DAZ Studio Pro - version 184.108.40.206!
What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?
The 220.127.116.11 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 18.104.22.168 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product (SKU: 13176) will be of this version.
DAZ Studio 22.214.171.124 highlights are:
A new FREE Subsurface Shader [Base] has been added to DAZ Studio 4.6, as a separate download. If you have already downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5, it should have been added to your account.
1) Updated the embedded CMS client to Valentina 5; fixes several crashes, particularly on Mac.
2) Updated the 3Delight render engine to 10.0.125; see 3Delight Change Log for more details.
3) Added support for TriAx to TriAx AutoFit.
4) Added support for OpenSubdiv subdivision algorithms; Catmark, Bilinear, Loop; adds support for edge and/or vertex weights/creasing.
5) Added support for Ptex.
6) Added support for independent UV set selection on Geometry Shells.
7) Added support for Gamma Correction.
8) Added support for Surface Selection Sets.
9) Added the ability to Spot Render to a New Window.
10) Added support for Hierarchical Pose Presets.
11) Made improvements to various CCT tools/actions.
Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?
Yes, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has been updated.
How do I get the latest version?
If you have previously added the DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro product to your account, simply locate it within the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro " into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the "Download" button next to the file(s) you wish to download and install.
If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio 4 Pro , simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.
What about the plugins I have?
The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that is binary incompatible, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5.x should continue to load and function. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.
Is there any documentation?
Yes, some documentation is located here.