Digital Art Zone

1 of 40
DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.0.18 General Release, Now Available!
Posted: 15 May 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2007-11-12

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.0.18!

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 4.6.0.18 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 4.5.1.56 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product (SKU: 13176) will be of this version.

DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18 highlights are:

A new FREE Subsurface Shader [Base] has been added to DAZ Studio 4.6, as a separate download.  If you have already downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5, it should have been added to your account.

In addition
1) Updated the embedded CMS client to Valentina 5; fixes several crashes, particularly on Mac.
2) Updated the 3Delight render engine to 10.0.125; see 3Delight Change Log for more details.
3) Added support for TriAx to TriAx AutoFit.
4) Added support for OpenSubdiv subdivision algorithms; Catmark, Bilinear, Loop; adds support for edge and/or vertex weights/creasing.
5) Added support for Ptex.
6) Added support for independent UV set selection on Geometry Shells.
7) Added support for Gamma Correction.
8) Added support for Surface Selection Sets.
9) Added the ability to Spot Render to a New Window.
10) Added support for Hierarchical Pose Presets.
11) Made improvements to various CCT tools/actions.

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?

Yes, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has been updated.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro product to your account, simply locate it within the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering “DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro ” into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the “Filter” button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the “Download” button next to the file(s) you wish to download and install.

If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio 4 Pro , simply follow this link, click the “Add to Cart” button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

What about the plugins I have?

The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that is binary incompatible, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5.x should continue to load and function. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, some documentation is located here.

Posted: 15 May 2013 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2003-10-09

Question about changes:  “Added support for TriAx to TriAx AutoFit”  Does this mean that when I convert V4/M4 to a TriAx Weight Mapped that TriAx AutoFit will work with them like it does with Genesis?

Posted: 15 May 2013 06:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2006-09-04

So far so good, It installs a lot faster, kudos, It starts up faster and smoother.

I’ll do some work with it and put through the paces but I thought a big thumbs up was deserved for installation.grin

Posted: 15 May 2013 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1950
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

A new FREE Subsurface Shader [Base] has been added to DAZ Studio 4.6, as a separate download.  If you have already downloaded DAZ Studio 4.5, it should have been added to your account.

The PDF usage guide that goes along with that is golden.  I’ve paid good money for less useful tutorials, and that was just skimming it.

Thanks very much!

The inevitable question…can I use DIM to install this update?

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 15 May 2013 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9715
Joined  2007-11-06
Cypherfox - 15 May 2013 11:17 PM

Greetings,

The PDF usage guide that goes along with that is golden.  I’ve paid good money for less useful tutorials, and that was just skimming it.

Thanks very much!

— Morgan

Not the main app, but the plugins that come with it, Genesis Starter Essentials, and the Subsurface Shader.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 15 May 2013 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1683
Joined  2006-09-09
Cypherfox - 15 May 2013 11:17 PM

Greetings,

Thanks very much!

— Morgan

I noticed in the pdf - which is brilliant - that there were pictures and talk of “presets”. These didn’t come with it, so I’m “assuming” that the presets may be in the store at some stage?

Posted: 16 May 2013 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1762
Joined  2012-03-24

Thank you upgrade to General so quick grin

Posted: 16 May 2013 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

Then,, Can I use both General release version, 4.5.1.56 32bit and 4.6.0.18 64bit on same PC
as same as beta 4.6.0.15 version? or may I need to up-date both?

and if I can keep 4.5.1.56 32bit,,

Genesis Starter Essentials has been updated,,
so that,,  I may need to re-install genesis essencial starter kit,

then,, I can use the contents of new essential starter kit,
by 4.5 32bit without problem? 

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1426
Joined  2009-09-11

Updated 3Delight will have to check it out !

Signature 

http://bobvan.deviantart.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37909888@N05/sets/

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  221
Joined  2007-08-27
kitakoredaz - 16 May 2013 12:17 AM

Then,, Can I use both General release version, 4.5.1.56 32bit and 4.6.0.18 64bit on same PC
as same as beta 4.6.0.15 version? or may I need to up-date both?

and if I can keep 4.5.1.56 32bit,,

Genesis Starter Essentials has been updated,,
so that,,  I may need to re-install genesis essencial starter kit,

then,, I can use the contents of new essential starter kit,
by 4.5 32bit without problem?

It is strongly not recommended. You can install 32bit and 64bit of 4.6.0.18. New Essentials Starters can be used by 32 and 64bit.

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2012-03-24

OK,, and thanks confirm ^^;  I must uninstall 32 bit ds 4.5 first!!

yes it is improtant to keep safe update ^^;

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4999
Joined  2005-08-03

When I went from 4.0 to 4.5 I did a complete wipe to start fresh with the Install Manager. Can this be installed right on top of 4.5 or do I need to uninstall that + CM and plugins first?

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis (DS)
Free Script: Bulk convert V4/M4 mats for Genesis2 (DS/Poser)

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6547
Joined  2003-10-09

OK I downloaded 4.6 PRO 64. I have been using 4.5 Pro 64 General release. I use the DIM and noticed it updated Genesis Starter Essentials yesterday which I have installed already. I am ready to install 4.6 now.
What I’m wondering is, the Starter Essentials were originally an exe file which needed to be run separately, but now appear to be a DIM auto install like other content.
So all I need to do now is run the 4.6 exe and then enter the serial number? No other new exe files to run?

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-27
kitakoredaz - 16 May 2013 01:38 AM

OK,, and thanks confirm ^^;  I must uninstall 32 bit ds 4.5 first!!

yes it is improtant to keep safe update ^^;

When you install new version, it should uninstall the old version for you.

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-27
tjohn - 16 May 2013 01:41 AM

OK I downloaded 4.6 PRO 64. I have been using 4.5 Pro 64 General release. I use the DIM and noticed it updated Genesis Starter Essentials yesterday which I have installed already. I am ready to install 4.6 now.
What I’m wondering is, the Starter Essentials were originally an exe file which needed to be run separately, but now appear to be a DIM auto install like other content.
So all I need to do now is run the 4.6 exe and then enter the serial number? No other new exe files to run?

You shouldn’t need to enter the serial, as you already entered it when you first installed DS. The only exe files you’ll need to run are 3rd party plug-ins, e.g. Dynamic Clothing Control (basic is included in DS).

Posted: 16 May 2013 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-27
Vaskania - 16 May 2013 01:41 AM

When I went from 4.0 to 4.5 I did a complete wipe to start fresh with the Install Manager. Can this be installed right on top of 4.5 or do I need to uninstall that + CM and plugins first?

You can install it right on top, it should uninstall current installations first. Personally, the I use the following steps:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D
C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D

Uninstall Genesis Starter Essentials.

Also stop the Content Manager Service and uninstall (Start - All Programs- DAZ 3D - DAZ Content Management Service).

Reboot. Then goto

%ProgramData%\DAZ 3D\Content Management Service\databases

in Windows Explorer, and delete the database files. That location is the default, if you changed it during setup then it’ll be where you specified the installation.

Reboot and reinstall the latest DS. Reinstall the latest Genesis Starter Essentials. Reimport the metadata in DS.

Overkill maybe, but I am like that LOL.

1 of 40