5 of 100
Post Your Renders - #4: A New Hope
Posted: 12 August 2012 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  367
Joined  0
fixmypcmike - 12 August 2012 04:05 PM
evilproducer - 12 August 2012 01:24 PM

Just a little test to see if the image posting has been improved.

Cool! The forum resizes it for you! Not limited by the 800x800 pixels anymore! I’ll assume there’s the old 500KB file size still.

Limit is now 10MB for up to 5 images.

chohole - 12 August 2012 04:23 PM

And max of 2000x2000 for the original image.

This is all well and good, however, the so called “thumbnail” is now limited to much less than 800x800. The vertical dimension seems to be restricted to 500 pixels, which results in a much smaller over all image. And vertical “portrait” format images will suffer even more so.

Would it be possible to have at least 600 vertical pixels allowed for the thumbnails?

Yes, I know that you can click on the thumbnail to see the larger version, but I’d rather not have to do that for every image, just to see them at an acceptable size.

Thanks.

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 12 August 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  631
Joined  2010-09-22
fixmypcmike - 11 June 2012 02:57 PM
namrettek - 11 June 2012 02:47 PM

Anyone else having trouble posting in the forums.  I can only post every once in a while.  I have to logout, and then login under the shop window, and then sometimes I can post.

I’m not sure on the status of that bug.  I’ve never run into it myself, but some of the other mods run into it frequently.

Yes thast still a bug in the forum! You have to relog in a lot. EVEN if it says your logged in you arent! Go to LOG IN. IF IT DOESM NOT GIVE you the LOG INPAGE with your name and pass word but still says you are logged in YOU ARE NOT!

LOG OUT! then LOG BACK IN!

Posted: 12 August 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5403
Joined  2006-08-27

I’m using Firefox instead of Safari for the forums. But then again, I’m on a PPC. Safari seems to work fine with the forum on the Intel Mac, but it’s a higher version number.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 12 August 2012 10:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-09-11

The Dragon

Image Attachments
The_Dragon_Small.jpg

Posted: 12 August 2012 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Joined  2006-09-11

Hesitation

Image Attachments
Hesitation.jpg

Posted: 12 August 2012 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Joined  2006-09-11

The Lake

Image removed for nudity.  Please see this thread for info:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/3279_98/ 

Posted: 12 August 2012 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Joined  2006-09-11

New Day

Image Attachments
Old_Man.jpg

Posted: 13 August 2012 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1059
Joined  2007-10-15

Paul, you have some nice stuff. I see you’re trying to sell your work in a few venues, so I’ll give you my 2 cents (as objectively as possible) on what you’ve posted in case it might help.

And I’ll give my input solely based on the images themselves, not what software you used or whether they are 3D, since most prospective buyers probably couldn’t care less…

You’ve got some beautiful landscapes in those images. Even without the characters the first two images are beautiful and very serene. “Hesitation” is my favorite, partly because of the beautiful composition. The focal length, the lighting, and the general composition all lead the viewer to a single point, the deer’s face. The deer’s pose and the lighting are also very nice. And it also has a bit of a story line and invokes a certain feeling in the viewer. The big nasty hunter dude having a split second of pity on a poor defenseless little deer. My only comment on the hunter character is he is uniformly dark and expressionless (of course, since he has a helmet hiding his face). I think you’re missing an opportunity to make him appear a bit more dramatic and interesting. Perhaps some dapples of light on his body to make the visuals a bit more appealing, or more dynamic range in his texturing, and maybe a hint of an expression on his face might make the story a bit stronger. Or you might have him partly emerging from the dark shadow of a tree to increase the mystery. Not sure, I just think you could have him a bit more dramatic and compelling and menacing.

The first image, while beautiful, doesn’t really have a clear message. Partly because of the dragon. I think most people quickly realize he’s Standard Dragon #1 used in every single dragon image ever generated with DAZ software, and IMO it really detracts from the image. First because the dragon itself really doesn’t look very menacing. I’m not sure if the image is of a tired knight and his friendly pet dragon Herbert, or maybe something else. And since they are in such a beautiful and serene setting, if the message is a fight to the death with a menacing dragon it really doesn’t come across. The knight’s pose is great, completely captures a really exhausted guy lying down on the rocks. But I’d strongly suggest re-thinking the dragon. There are so many similar images of dragons and knights floating around, you might try to rethink things and come up with something very original. Scary dragons are dripping with saliva, with big nasty teeth, in dark, foreboding surroundings, and slimy skin, with the blood of their victims dripping from their fangs, etc….

Actually, with the Dragon image, I even thought that if you lose the dragon altogether you’d have a gorgeous image with a bit of a story line. An exhausted knight lying down in peaceful surroundings, perhaps recovering from a successful battle with some unknown and unseen evil lurking somewhere ahead in the beautiful forest.

And the last image, well, I won’t comment because it creeps me out too much to even look at it. Not sure why, it just gives me the creeps.

Posted: 13 August 2012 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1662
Joined  2008-02-14

Both Hesitation and The Dragon are cool images.  Well done.

Signature 

PUBLISHED ARTIST
First Bastion’s Environments here at Daz

Posted: 13 August 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

It would seem that the forum re-sizing of images has not been completely fixed.

I wonder what the size limitation is now (before it breaks the thread).

Signature 

-Dean

Posted: 13 August 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7647
Joined  2009-07-13

JM2000 feels old age is creeping up on him! tongue rolleye
I love it btw!
shows how versatile a few morphs, possible vertex massaging and texture can be, which base figure was used?

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 13 August 2012 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15911
Joined  2003-10-09
de3an - 13 August 2012 11:48 AM

If I had known you was going to ask that I would have taken note of the size of the one I had to remove because it did break the formatting totally.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 August 2012 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
chohole - 13 August 2012 12:37 PM
de3an - 13 August 2012 11:48 AM

If I had known you was going to ask that I would have taken note of the size of the one I had to remove because it did break the formatting totally.

Well, all of the images on this page of the thread (so far) are spilling over the right side boundary.
They are 1800x937, 1600x918, and 1300x724 pixels.

On the old forum this would only happen if someone linked to an oversized image that was hosted on another site, thus bypassing the forum sizing mechanism.

Could you make sure that the proper people are aware that this is happening?

Signature 

-Dean

Posted: 13 August 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15911
Joined  2003-10-09

Strangely enough it was one of “the proper people” who told us that there was a glitch, and they were working on sorting it out, so I think that they do know.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        Autumn Bryce Rendering Challenge        September Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 13 August 2012 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Joined  2006-09-11

Thank you all for the feedback, it’s much appreciated.

Here is one other - “Apocalypse”

Image Attachments
Apocalypse_Sm.jpg

5 of 100