Digital Art Zone

29 of 100
Post Your Renders - #4: A New Hope
Posted: 08 December 2012 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 421 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1694
Joined  0

Eximorph, that hair looks real! Great job!

Riggswolfe, I think you are a harsh critic because that image has a lot of emotion in it (for an expressionless guy in a bubble window…, LOL) It’s definitely ‘lump in throat” worthy….

Dievans, that World Builder is SIIIIICK! TUTORIAL! TUTORIAL! :D

Signature 

320+ TUTORIALS for Carrara at CARRARA CAFE
C3DE - CARRARA 3D EXPO MAGAZINE - the showcase for Carrara Artists

Posted: 08 December 2012 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 422 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5902
Joined  2006-08-27

Really nice job!

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 423 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2006-04-13
holly wetcircuit - 08 December 2012 10:04 PM

Thanks, Holly.
I wasn’t happy with Genesis’ low poly head, so I made my own skullcap. I rigged it in DS for auto-fit.
Now, I’ve been making hair.

Image Attachments
Skullcap.jpgV5LongHair.jpg

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 424 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  598
Joined  0
holly wetcircuit - 08 December 2012 10:04 PM

Riggswolfe, I think you are a harsh critic because that image has a lot of emotion in it (for an expressionless guy in a bubble window…, LOL) It’s definitely ‘lump in throat” worthy….

Dievans, that World Builder is SIIIIICK! TUTORIAL! TUTORIAL! :D

Thank you Holly. I’ve been playing with Genesis rendering in Cararra but am having a problem recreating a scene I did in Daz. Pure Hair Candy won’t load at all. It appears to be a duplicate ID error but I have the latest hair and it doesn’t help one little bit unfortunately.

Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Thread in Nuts And Bolts forum

Posted: 09 December 2012 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 425 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

This is a fairly simplistic render and was just a test of Anything Glows. I wanted to see if I could use it to make a room look like it was lit by the overhead lamp in the room. I think for the most part this was a successful test, if a somewhat boring render. smile

Image Attachments
TheRoomAnythingGlowsTest.jpg
 Signature 

Having trouble with clothing/props not showing in Daz 4.5? Take a look at this thread:

Posted: 10 December 2012 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 426 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-04-11

My latest Carrara render.

Camillo

Image Attachments
My-City.jpg
 Signature 

“If you can dream it, you can do it.”
    Walt Disney

Posted: 10 December 2012 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 427 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

Are the objects outside actual elements in the scene or is it a background picture? Awesome render. I’m very jealous.

Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 428 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

A low angle render of the rear view of the Cygnus model I found at Foundation3D. I’ve extensively re-shaded it swapping out maybe 95%+ of the included image maps in favor of Carrara’s procedural shaders. I also didn’t use any glow channel except on the red antenna lights and incidental running lights. Everything else is all lights. I used the translucency channel with a series of mixers for noise and lines. I think I’m finally done with the shading and the lights.

Image Attachments
rear_3-4_cygnus.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 429 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
Riggswolfe - 09 December 2012 10:53 PM

This is a fairly simplistic render and was just a test of Anything Glows. I wanted to see if I could use it to make a room look like it was lit by the overhead lamp in the room. I think for the most part this was a successful test, if a somewhat boring render. smile

Looks like you’re coming along nicely with your lighting. What’s the semi-transparent thing on the far left, just in frame?

Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 430 ]
RankRank
Joined  0

That’s actually a shower curtain. The room I rendered is a sci-fi spaceship crew quarters style room and so it has the shower in the same room. I love your Cygnus render though I notice the tower isn’t lit up. Still, that’s a beautiful representation of that ship. I played around with that model trying to make the windows work with glow but it didn’t look very good.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 431 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

The tower dome is open on the front and is lit. I was setting up for an animation and liked the angle, so I was a little sloppy with the lighting as the scene wasn’t fully set up yet.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 432 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
evilproducer - 11 December 2012 03:09 PM

The tower dome is open on the front and is lit. I was setting up for an animation and liked the angle, so I was a little sloppy with the lighting as the scene wasn’t fully set up yet.

It looks amazing. I was just being nitpicky. Sorry. I’m actually very jealous of how amazing it looks! I’ve got a render ready to show. It’s another Sci-fi render. I used some stuff from these forums about making a planet and just started playing.

Image Attachments
Phaeton_approaches_Penal_Station.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 433 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27
Riggswolfe - 11 December 2012 03:13 PM

It looks amazing. I was just being nitpicky. Sorry. I’m actually very jealous of how amazing it looks! I’ve got a render ready to show. It’s another Sci-fi render. I used some stuff from these forums about making a planet and just started playing.

I don’t consider it nit-picky at all.

I see you’ve been getting some practice in. Looking good so far.

If you or anybody else is interested, I may start a thread for lighting space scenes, where people can share their ideas, tips and tricks.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 434 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
evilproducer - 11 December 2012 05:18 PM
Riggswolfe - 11 December 2012 03:13 PM

I don’t consider it nit-picky at all.

I see you’ve been getting some practice in. Looking good so far.

If you or anybody else is interested, I may start a thread for lighting space scenes, where people can share their ideas, tips and tricks.

I’d be VERY interested. I struggled forever trying to get the planet lit on the side the ‘sun’ is.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 435 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-27

I started a thread here:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/13170/

If anybody has any ideas, tips, tricks, pictures- Please post so we all can learn.

Signature 

29 of 100