Digital Art Zone

8 of 12
DAZ Install Manager 1.0.1.59 Update
Posted: 25 May 2013 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14719
Joined  2003-10-09

Actually it seems to have changed - the email accounts are now stored in the C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\UserAccounts folder, the Public Documents folder no longer holds those. But you should be able to edit one of the accounts yes - with two, as you have, the one you select when you open DIM (even if you have to choose the Worl Offline mode) will be locked, so I’d choose the second to sign into, then open Preferences, go to the Accounts tab, right-click on the other name and choose Edit Email

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 25 May 2013 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11459
Joined  2007-11-06

...I’m on XP32 not Win7.

Found it in C:\documents and settings\name\application data\Daz3D\install manager\user accounts.

Looked at the .ini files there and nothing seems to point to a login name.

There is line with account=(a bunch of undecipherable alphanumerics) which I would have no idea of how to edit.

However, I possibly can see where the name corruption is as the name of the second.ini is my email address which has the “a” instead of “@” due to Windows/DOS file naming conventions which disallow the use of special characters. This is most likely what the DIM is inserting as my username.

That is a serious flaw considering:

1. the Daz account username is one’s email address.
2. as mentioned above, windows file naming conventions disallow use of the special character required as part of one’s email address.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 25 May 2013 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Richard Haseltine - 25 May 2013 04:02 PM

But you should be able to edit one of the accounts yes - with two, as you have, the one you select when you open DIM (even if you have to choose the Worl Offline mode) will be locked, so I’d choose the second to sign into, then open Preferences, go to the Accounts tab, right-click on the other name and choose Edit Email

...OK did so, but everytime I open it afterwards, it reverts back to the corrupted name and I have to keep manually fixing it again.

After setting up the .csv file just checking the “Daz4.6” filter I still get duplicate entries with “[content name] CF”.  Is there any way to filter these out at all sop I don’t have to manually delete several hundred of these lines from the spreadsheet?

Signature 

Posted: 25 May 2013 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

As far as DS4.6 is concerned those files are needed to install and use the content properly. So there is not any way to stop the CF files from listing in DIM. That would defeat the purpose of the program installing the needed content for the version selected.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 25 May 2013 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8979
Joined  2007-11-06

Delete both account settings so it makes you create from scratch.  They’re encrypted for security reasons.

Once you expost the .csv it should be easy to remove the duplicates in a spreadsheet.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 26 May 2013 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

...not when there’s several hundred lines of them and they have to be deleted one line at a time ( I have a lot of old content).

...and there are also legacy installers showing up as well which should have filtered out as I only checked the 4.5+ filter.

Create .csv should be a menu rather than right click option and there should be a filter or something that tells it to build a spreadsheet of the single product names only.

It was so much simpler and no where near such a pain to accomplish this when you could just list your full itemised order history on one single page, copy it, and dump it to an Excel spreadsheet as text.

Signature 

Posted: 26 May 2013 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2003-10-12
rbtwhiz - 14 May 2013 12:30 PM

The installers available in the Product Library have been updated.  Windows users can download the installer from here, and Mac users can download the installer from here; you must be logged in to your account for the links to take you to the appropriate page…....

Here’s a question that I bet others are asking… Your link takes one to the 32-bit version of the application. Is there a 64-bit version or will it not matter for 64-bit Windows users?

Posted: 26 May 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14719
Joined  2003-10-09

32 bit is all you need, 32 bit applications run in 64 bit OSes and the Install Manager isn’t handling enough data to need to be 64 bit.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 26 May 2013 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
Kyoto Kid - 26 May 2013 02:32 AM

...not when there’s several hundred lines of them and they have to be deleted one line at a time ( I have a lot of old content).

Let’s say your spreadsheet has the SKU number in column X.  Assuming row 1 is your headers, put the following formula in Y2:
=if(x2=x1,“DELETE”,”“)
Now convert column Y to Values, and sort by column Y.  Select all the lines with DELETE in column Y and delete them.
Simple, brute-force method that requires no knowledge of exotic spreadsheet features and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to do.

Kyoto Kid - 26 May 2013 02:32 AM

...and there are also legacy installers showing up as well which should have filtered out as I only checked the 4.5+ filter.

You mean the Legacy version is there in addition to a DS4.5-specific version?  Please bug-report that for incorrect tags, or PM me a list and I will.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2010-04-04

Hi, i change nothing in my path and dim cant install anymore. Have an idea please?

Image Attachments
Capture_d’écran_2013-05-27_à_20.57_.00_.png

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

You need to go to Settings > Applications and add the paths for Carrara, Photoshop, etc.—those items need to install to specific subfolders of the application, rather than to any DS/Poser content folder.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2010-04-04

Ok thank you, it works but not fot poser pro.

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
napoleon solo - 27 May 2013 11:19 AM

Ok thank you, it works but not fot poser pro.

Did you put in the paths for Poser Pro (32 and 64 bit if you use both)?  What version of Poser Pro is it?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 28 May 2013 08:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1057
Joined  2003-10-09

Okay, I’ve had the updated DIM for two weeks now. It’s working great and I love the fact I can change the Install Directory from the Ready To Download tab instead of constantly switching back and forth. (If I could do that before I surely didn’t know it).

But I just noticed this:

“Install Manager Default filters”

It’s labeled as a plug-in and I don’t know how/where to put it? Does DIM know, or do I have to set up a path to the DiM itself? I vaguely remember something about filter changes but haven’t noticed anything different (doh). Will it be a problem for me that I haven’t installed this plugin with changed filters yet?

These questions sound stupid and probably are, but I’ve reached the point with all this stuff that I’m afraid of depending on any assumptions.

Posted: 28 May 2013 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2003-10-09

Install Manager will install the “Install Manager Default Filters” package into the appropriate location, all on its own.  The manifest file within the zip provides the information that Install Manager needs in order to know where/how to install it.  Install Manager doesn’t need you to define where it is installed, like you do for other applications, because it already knows which application it is and where it is running from.

We do recognize that, with the expansion to the types of packages that Install Manager is capable of installing in the latest version, it is important to make clear how a package installs; i.e. like software, like plugins or like [mappable] content.  In fact, I spent this past weekend working on exactly that.

-Rob

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

8 of 12