Digital Art Zone

1 of 12
DAZ Install Manager 1.0.1.59 Update
Posted: 13 May 2013 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2007-11-12

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ Install Manager - version 1.0.1.59!

For more details view the DAZ Install Manager v.1.0.1.58 Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site.

DAZ Install Manager has been updated to now support additional types of files such as software applications, plugins, Carrara and Bryce content, Photoshop brushes and tutorials. As these file types are converted they will start to appear in DAZ Install Manager.

Some of the main features and changes are shown below:

Implemented support for separate beta release cycles; auto-update, paths, etc.
Added Add/Remove buttons for Settings > Applications; non-functional; in preparation for application management
Implemented the ability to add/remove application directories in the Settings dialog
Implemented a Filter Menu Button and Filter Menu/Action system
Added support for application files
Update to Qt 4.8.4
Added Remember Me label/checkbox to Login dialog
Implemented password saving/protection
Added Hexagon tag to Download Filters
Added 8.5 and 9.6 versions to LightWave application options, to coincide with major/minor versions that implement support for 64 bit
Added 64 bit architecture options for LightWave 8.5 and above on Windows, 9.6 and above on OSX
Added support for installing software applications
Added a “Show Details” checkbox to the Ready to Download page
Added support for installing to a Shared/Public directory
Added support for (un)installing shortcuts to the desktop and/or start menu
Update CMS connector to Valentina 5.0 ADK
Added a “Show Order…” action to the product options and context menus
Added a “Product Filters” submenu to the product context menu
Software products will now download/install first if queued
Added support for user documents as a destination path

When you start DAZ Install Manager, if you log in to your DAZ 3D account, it will alert you that an update has been detected and give you the option to either automatically download/install the update or work offline.

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1137
Joined  2007-10-17

Edited: It is now fixed to autoupdate on both the Mac and the PC. Sorry about the delay.

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15145
Joined  2003-10-09

Will the correction work with the old version, or will we need to manually download and isntall the new version for auto-updates to work in future?

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-17
Richard Haseltine - 14 May 2013 12:09 PM

Will the correction work with the old version, or will we need to manually download and install the new version for auto-updates to work in future?

Once it is corrected, no manual update will be required.

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2003-10-09

The installers available in the Product Library have been updated.  Windows users can download the installer from here, and Mac users can download the installer from here; you must be logged in to your account for the links to take you to the appropriate page.

The Windows installers have been modified to allow Install Manager to be installed to a custom location; and to automatically update to the same custom location.  The 1.0.0.112 build does not pass in a required parameter (”—installdir” as stated in the error message) to the new installer; later builds do.  A modification is being made to the Windows installer to allow the 1.0.0.112 build to automatically update without passing in the location of the running application.  The same notification from within Install Manager, of an update being detected, will be displayed once the new installer is available.

Mac users should not be affected, as the Mac version does not allow a custom install path*, but will also receive the same update notification once the new installers are available.

*The Mac version does not provide the same custom install functionality as the Windows version due to an issue with the ability to detect a running process on the Mac and prevent more than a single instance of the application running at the same time.

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12073
Joined  2007-11-06

....have the product filters been improved to eliminate duplicate entries when ported to an Excel spreadsheet so one can get just list of the product names instead of all the associated installers for each product?

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 14 May 2013 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2318
Joined  2003-10-09

I launched install manager, it wanted to update, so i let it.
After it ran for a while supposedly updating, it gave an error and closed.
Now when i open it, it still says version 1.0.0.112 ...and doesnt ask about updating anymore.

Any suggestions?

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-17
RawArt - 14 May 2013 12:57 PM

Now when i open it, it still says version 1.0.0.112 ...and doesnt ask about updating anymore.

Any suggestions?

It won’t ask about updating again until we put the next build out. You can grab the installer from “My Account->Product Library.” and run it or wait just a bit longer. red face

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5914
Joined  2005-08-29
Kyoto Kid - 14 May 2013 12:44 PM

....have the product filters been improved to eliminate duplicate entries when ported to an Excel spreadsheet so one can get just list of the product names instead of all the associated installers for each product?

You can do that with filters before you select.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12073
Joined  2007-11-06

...with the current version I tried, but still got quite a few duplicate entries where there were Daz Texture installers as well some Poser ones that slipped through (lowercase “ps”) that needed to be manually deleted line by line.  I just want a list of the products themselves (like the old History Manager used to create) that I can dump to an Excel Spreadsheet.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 14 May 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2318
Joined  2003-10-09
DAZ_Spooky - 14 May 2013 01:04 PM
RawArt - 14 May 2013 12:57 PM

Any suggestions?

It won’t ask about updating again until we put the next build out. You can grab the installer from “My Account->Product Library.” and run it or wait just a bit longer. red face

Ok…that worked

Thanx

Signature 

A step away from the ordinary
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rawart/

Posted: 14 May 2013 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  648
Joined  2011-03-26

edited and removed by user

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 14 May 2013 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9267
Joined  2007-11-06

For file types that do not install to conventional DS/Poser content folders, DIM will look in the Settings > Application tab and install to the path appropriate for the application.  So if it is Bryce content, it will look for Bryce in the Application tab and install to the appropriate Bryce subfolder.  If DIM doesn’t automatically add an entry for an application, you can add it manually.

The Default Filters add options in the pulldown menu on the filter (search) box to sort by date, SKU range, and tag.  You can also save custom filters you make for future use.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 14 May 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  648
Joined  2011-03-26

edited and removed by user

Signature 

DAZ User Gallery / Facebook / Deviant Art

Posted: 14 May 2013 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2003-10-09
fixmypcmike - 14 May 2013 04:11 PM

For file types that do not install to conventional DS/Poser content folders, DIM will look in the Settings > Application tab and install to the path appropriate for the application.  So if it is Bryce content, it will look for Bryce in the Application tab and install to the appropriate Bryce subfolder.  If DIM doesn’t automatically add an entry for an application, you can add it manually.

The Default Filters add options in the pulldown menu on the filter (search) box to sort by date, SKU range, and tag.  You can also save custom filters you make for future use.

Minor correction there, Mike… but its an important distinction to make… Install Manager Default Filtersfilter” (hide things that don’t match), they do not “sort” (change the order).  A Filter and a Sort Order can be used in conjunction with one another.

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

Posted: 14 May 2013 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3036
Joined  2004-10-25
Kyoto Kid - 14 May 2013 01:20 PM

...with the current version I tried, but still got quite a few duplicate entries where there were Daz Texture installers as well some Poser ones that slipped through (lowercase “ps”) that needed to be manually deleted line by line.  I just want a list of the products themselves (like the old History Manager used to create) that I can dump to an Excel Spreadsheet.

Hey Kyoto, I think what you want to do is select the checkbox next to the Products title and then right-click on any of them and choose to export to CSV.  In the dialog box that pops up, you can “uncheck” any of the columns you don’t want, so that you would only have the first column (Product Name) show up in the CSV file.

If you only want a selection of your products, you could use the filter box at the top right to get just the files you’re interested in, and then follow the above steps.

I have a running spreadsheet with Product Name, Product ID, Download ID and the Tags, so I uncheck GUID, Installer Size and Installer date.

Hope that helps.

Edited to Add: BTW, I usually open the CSV file with a plain text editor first to remove the quote marks around everything, as you don’t need those in Excel.  I also, since I have several columns in the CSV file, use Find/Replace to change all the commas to tabs.  The CSV file export by default is comma delimited.  Not sure whether you can change that in Install Manager or not, though I know that Excel does have an option to change it if you import the CSV directly into Excel.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

1 of 12