Is Daz answering phones anymore?

vindazivindazi Posts: 423
edited December 1969 in New Users

Haz Daz instituted a policy of outsourcing phone calls to an answering service? What is a reasonable time to wait for an answer to a question before asking again or giving up? I wanted to buy something but had problems with the site. Still waiting for help.

Comments

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,582
    edited December 1969

    You need to file a support ticket to speak with customer service now.

  • vindazivindazi Posts: 423
    edited December 1969

    I have that. #139018

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,582
    edited May 2013

    When they get to it you will hear something from them. Tickets go in the order they receive them.

    Post edited by frank0314 on
  • vindazivindazi Posts: 423
    edited May 2013

    OK, I understand they are busy. Problem is, so am I.

    I am flexible but I need to plan my work. When the receptionist says someone will get right back to you and I don't hear from anyone for from hours to a couple of days, sometimes more, that kinda doesn't work for me. If I get into a project and need a product or a solution, I'd like to have some idea of how long I will have to wait for an answer. I am trying to come up with an approach that works for both of us. Lately that has meant not making as many purchases or doing as much work in DAZ.

    If I am not the only one for whom this is a problem, perhaps others have found some creative work arounds they are willing to share? Or is this just what we have to accept if we chose in DAZ/Bryce?

    Post edited by vindazi on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,350
    edited May 2013

    AS Customer Service said some time ago the quickest way to contact CS is to use the support system, and file a ticket.. Phone calls are now routed to a out of office system, and all they can do is fill a ticket in for you, so far quicker to use the direct ticket system as that is what Zendesk is designed for.

    Also remember that the DAZ 3D office is only staffed during working hours and only on weekdays, so if you filed a ticket over the weekend then they may not have got round to it yet. Also remember that DAZ 3D is on UTC-7,

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • vindazivindazi Posts: 423
    edited May 2013

    chohole said:
    AS Customer Service said some time ago the quickest way to contact CS is to use the support system, and file a ticket.. Phone calls are now routed to a out of office system, and all they can do is fill a ticket in for you, so far quicker to use the direct ticket system as that is what Zendesk is designed for.


    Also remember that the DAZ 3D office is only staffed during working hours and only on weekdays, so if you filed a ticket over the weekend then they may not have got round to it yet. Also remember that DAZ 3D is on UTC-7,

    I started with the ticket system because it was the only system I knew. I started calling because of the long turn around on the ticket system that made it difficult to keep a train of thought and remember all of the details of a problem, among other things.

    But sometimes I am working on a project and want to buy some content and the site won't let m buy it, I don't know if it is a temporary problem or the content has been discontinued or what. When I am approaching a deadline I have at least once cancelled an entry to an animation festival because I wasn't sure if the desired content would work with the project, or if I could purchase the content in time to complete the project. The tight deadlines are always my problem, not DAZ's. I am just trying to figure out how to work with the DAZ business model as it stands. Should I expect to wait a day, a week, a month, to hear from them?

    I am on UTC-6, so time zone is not much of a problem for me.

    If I am the only one who finds this a problem, then I suppose I will have to create my own work around. But I thought I would see if there were some solutions from others before trying to invent the wheel :-).

    Post edited by vindazi on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,350
    edited December 1969

    It certainly isn't a common problem. What content is it it that the store won't let you buy?

  • vindazivindazi Posts: 423
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    It certainly isn't a common problem. What content is it it that the store won't let you buy?

    Tody's problem is with completing the purchase of "Funky Old Patina". The system does not want to accept the coupon code which is, according to the email I received from DAZ, good until May 15th. It keeps returning an "invalid blah, blah, blah" prompt. I have a ticket that was recorded at 10:42:20 AM CDT and at 3:22 PM CDT have not received any response so far.

    On other occasions it has been compatibility or other questions which I have before or after making a purchase. But long waits are more the rule than the exception for me. But since it isn't common, maybe it is something peculiar to me. Maybe wrong IP address or something :-), I don't know.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 19,350
    edited December 1969

    THat is a PA product. THe coupon I believe is only valid for Daz products.

  • vindazivindazi Posts: 423
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    THat is a PA product. THe coupon I believe is only valid for Daz products.

    Thank you.

    I didn't know this was not a DAZ product. It would be nice not to have to wait hours or days just to find out why the coupon does not work. Maybe even the prompt could say why the coupon is being rejected?

  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 1,001
    edited May 2013

    vindazi said:
    chohole said:
    THat is a PA product. THe coupon I believe is only valid for Daz products.

    Thank you.

    I didn't know this was not a DAZ product. It would be nice not to have to wait hours or days just to find out why the coupon does not work. Maybe even the prompt could say why the coupon is being rejected?

    I don´t think the webstore software is capable of doing that.

    To find out whether an item is a DAZ product, look under the button "Add to cart". If there is a little grey square with DAZ logo (a silver sort of triangle), then that is a DAZ product. Also look under the product name, there is text "Shop more by" and a name. If the name is DAZ, then it is DAZ product, if it is another name, then that person is the vendor (PA) of that product.

    Post edited by Proxima Shining on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 8,582
    edited December 1969

    You haven't been able to use the coupon on PA items since the store went live just shy of a year ago. If it's a DAZ owned product it will list DAZ as a vendor. Those are the only products the coupon is good for.

  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

    If you have store issues, you're best bet is to post a message in the forums. You could have had (or did have) an answer in 6 minutes!

  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Lindsey said:
    If you have store issues, you're best bet is to post a message in the forums. You could have had (or did have) an answer in 6 minutes!
    Not fully true, real issues with the store can only be handled by Daz3D.

  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

    Jaderail said:
    Lindsey said:
    If you have store issues, you're best bet is to post a message in the forums. You could have had (or did have) an answer in 6 minutes!
    Not fully true, real issues with the store can only be handled by Daz3D.


    True, but you wouldn't know that unless they asked in the forums first.

  • NovicaNovica Posts: 9,357
    edited December 1969

    Also, if you have problems with the cart, log out, log back in again. You'll find in the forums that some problems keep popping up, such as the one "already in cart" when it's not. For that one, you buy a different product, then add the one you wanted (that said was in there but isn't) then remove the different product, and voila! So there are workarounds for problems that are sporadic- so by posting in the forums, we may be able to quickly tell you what to TRY. :) Also if it's a known problem, DAZ may already be on it (such as Pay Pal issues, codes not working.) Surfing in here is your fast way to check and see if it's you, or widespread, as an issue. (As in this case, it was you- the email specifically said DO's and the vendor is clearly stated for each product. You're not the first to do that- I was way ahead of you on that one, lol!)

    We're here to help so jump right in! And good luck with your projects, sounds interesting. Do you have anything on YouTube?
    cathie

Sign In or Register to comment.
Rocket Fuel