Digital Art Zone

New INI error
Posted: 15 June 2012 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2008-02-26

So….. I just finished reinstalling windows 7 32 bit. I installed poser 2010, now I am trying to install my content. K4 and M4 keep giving me this new error.  Error reading INI file c:\program files\common files\daz\dzinstall.ini

I have used these installers many times over the years, I never saw this error before….. It happens right after I choose between daz and poser, and happens no matter which I choose. What is up with that?

Image Attachments
INI_Error.jpg

Posted: 15 June 2012 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15280
Joined  2003-10-09

Some installers will stick if the file isn’t there. You can create a blank dzinstall.ini in that location, but you may have to click through a lot of security checks to do so. Alternatively run an older, or newer, installer that will create the file - Emotiguy is known to work (and can be uninstalled afterwards if you didn’t want it around).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 15 June 2012 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2008-02-26

Hmmm yeah, I created a dummy one from a empty text file, it worked. Not sure why I have never had this problem before, these are the only files I ever reinstall, all my content is installed an external hard drive, in a few different runtimes.