Digital Art Zone

22 of 41
samples of my renders - by cosmo
Posted: 09 October 2012 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 316 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1495
Joined  2010-06-29

another nice canyon image smile what do you think?

Image Attachments
Autumn_DAZ_STUDIO.jpg
 Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 09 October 2012 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 317 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Dude that looks good, BUT for me (woods type person see the trees all the time) if any of your tree props have roots the roots should be shown at the base more. With this image (rocks exposed) we can see the topsoil is not very deep so the trees would have the roots (at least at the Base) exposed. That would make the image much more real to my eyes.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 October 2012 06:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 318 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Jaderail - 09 October 2012 06:06 PM

Dude that looks good, BUT for me (woods type person see the trees all the time) if any of your tree props have roots the roots should be shown at the base more. With this image (rocks exposed) we can see the topsoil is not very deep so the trees would have the roots (at least at the Base) exposed. That would make the image much more real to my eyes.

unfortunatelly the haven`t roots, that is the reason why I put some of Lisas dead bushes or some rocks in front of some the trees smile

but on birch trees (I have some in front of my house) you not necassarely see roots even you have some foliage on the ground smile

Signature  Samples of my renders by cosmo

Every day is your day - not the day of other people - So live your life, not the lifes of others and enjoy it

Posted: 09 October 2012 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 319 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Well my brother, you did not hide the bases of most of the trees. They are just pop here we are. And I’m trying to tell you a secret about real life, all trees Birch or not will run roots along the ground in Shallow dirt areas. The small plant roots in but as it grows it spreads and hunts deeper places to anchor it’s roots. Then the Roots are above ground because the tree just needs a good hold to the ground. I live in the boon docks and hiked and camped all my life. I’m just telling you this to help your art get to that it looks real place. Not to be a butt head.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 320 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Jaderail - 09 October 2012 08:01 PM

Well my brother, you did not hide the bases of most of the trees. They are just pop here we are. And I’m trying to tell you a secret about real life, all trees Birch or not will run roots along the ground in Shallow dirt areas. The small plant roots in but as it grows it spreads and hunts deeper places to anchor it’s roots. Then the Roots are above ground because the tree just needs a good hold to the ground. I live in the boon docks and hiked and camped all my life. I’m just telling you this to help your art get to that it looks real place. Not to be a butt head.

okay I got you. here are two new renders, hope they are better smile

Image Attachments
AUTUMN_NEW_DAZ_STUDIO.jpgAUTUMN_-_ON_A_MISTY_DAY.jpg
 Signature 

Samples of my renders by cosmo

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 321 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

my first ds4.5 64bit Pro render. Just a testrender. With this scene I wanted to see how slow ds4,5 will get if I move the viewport. the result. not very slow. so it seems I become convinced regarding to the new ds4.5

unfortunatelly I had to scale the size of the image down for uploading (filesize). original size is 1600 to 900

all items in this scene are 3d objects. the image is rendered with uberEnvironmentLight 2 and a distant light with raytraced shadow. shadow softness 7%

Image Attachments
ds_4_autumn_core_small.JPG
 Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 322 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Looking Good, also my friend the file size is 2000x2000 now. The Forums are working up to that size.

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 323 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

yeah jader, was at sending pm`s. here comes the original size

Image Attachments
ds_4_autumn_core.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 324 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

My V4 character Dixe as sud division version rendered in DS4.5 Pro 64 Bit.

click for larger image. image size is height 1600 width 1000 high resolution

Image Attachments
DX_DS4.5_subD_version_daz_studio_render_.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 14 October 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 325 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

the hunter, a little image I have made with a self created M4 character. The clothes are from veteran war dog but textures are made by me.

all plants in this image are 3D objects, except the green ones in the far back.

rendered with just one distant light and raytraced shadow, shadow softness at 11% light intensity at 120% (white)

Image Attachments
the_hunter_nn_-_org.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 17 October 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 326 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2010-02-10

Fantastic Render Thread! Stunning Renders and awesome character work!

Signature 

Razor42 - Design Anvil

MY DAZ STORE   

MY RENDO STORE   

MY GALLERY

DESIGN ANVIL ON FACEHOOK

Posted: 18 October 2012 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 327 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29
Razor 42 - 17 October 2012 07:09 PM

Fantastic Render Thread! Stunning Renders and awesome character work!

Many thanks for the comment and the compliment smile but there are many others doing much better stuff smile

Signature 

Posted: 21 October 2012 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 328 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

some rock star renders smile

Image Attachments
dx_rock_star_2.jpgdx_rock_star_1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2012 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 329 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-06-29

black leather

Image Attachments
dx_black_leather_2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 22 October 2012 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 330 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-01-22

Cosmo you are rocking these renders. Love ‘em.

Signature 

22 of 41