Posted: 10 July 2012 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5466
Joined  2006-02-20
Velvet Goblin - 10 July 2012 04:36 PM
Cliff Bowman - 10 July 2012 11:40 AM
Velvet Goblin - 10 July 2012 08:10 AM

So there are no expert or pro users, then?  Only content creators and modellers get that distinction?

Hah! Were that the case we’d be in a sorry state. Nah - it’s more like “Content Creator” is a different classification. Like… I dunno. All ducks are birds but not all birds are ducks, and birds can have blue feathers (or not) whether they are ducks or not. But that level of complexity is hard to achieve in a 4-line list wink

I think maybe we need Ken’s help to work out the taxonomic subtleties. smile

I shall have to consider myself a flightless avian, I suppose.  But I insist that I’m a still a solid waddler.

Solid waddler ... that’s too cute!
May I be a solid waddler too?
LOL

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 10 July 2012 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2004-08-13
Kerya - 10 July 2012 11:28 PM

So there are no expert or pro users, then?  Only content creators and modellers get that distinction?

Hah! Were that the case we’d be in a sorry state. Nah - it’s more like “Content Creator” is a different classification. Like… I dunno. All ducks are birds but not all birds are ducks, and birds can have blue feathers (or not) whether they are ducks or not. But that level of complexity is hard to achieve in a 4-line list wink

I shall have to consider myself a flightless avian, I suppose.  But I insist that I’m a still a solid waddler.

LOL

Of course! You are most certainly waddle worthy. smile

Posted: 11 July 2012 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
Velvet Goblin - 10 July 2012 11:59 PM
Kerya - 10 July 2012 11:28 PM

LOL

Of course! You are most certainly waddle worthy. smile

Thank you! smile
*Waddles happily along whistling waddle worthy song*

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 11 July 2012 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-07-08

Speaking of noobs, I’m a total noob when it comes to Daz Studio.  Spent hours looking how to export a CR2 out of Daz, then relised that the option was in the export options. Thanks for a little extra time (just seen the contest a few days back), I finally managed to get a render out just as it crashed for the hundreth time.

Image Attachments
Genesis.jpg

Posted: 11 July 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

Interesting POV!

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2012 02:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1231
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you seen some waddlers move? A few years ago we were at some castle-or-other photographing grass and brick textures (my wife, son and I) and there were some ducks in the moat. With ducklings. Cute - we stopped to watch them for a while as my son rushed about like a lunatic. Someone was walking their dog. Lovers were casting longing gazes at each other - it was that kind of day.

When all of a sudden we spotted a jet-powered duckling. I kid ye not, it looked like it had become an accidental hood ornament on a submarine - zipped along the length of the portion of moat that was visible from where we were leaving a loooong V-shaped wake that had more in common with a contrail. We were both astonished at the sheer speed of this tiny little thing, which had presumably been spooked by the dog.

Flightless? At that age, certainly. A waddler? Absolutely. Helpless? Wow, far from it!

I really wish I’d caught the moment on video - either of the bird or of our expressions in seeing it! IIRC it wasn’t long after that that Noggin released his duckling product, forever associating his chick with the nuclear submarine hood ornament in my mind smile

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 11 July 2012 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

LOL
Love that story!

Signature 

Posted: 11 July 2012 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Kerya - 11 July 2012 01:09 AM

Interesting POV!

It certainly is - and camera work is one of the most overlooked aspects of most renders. We’re often FAR too content with very tame camera angles.

Alas, the competition is definately over, and the judges have been handed the entries and are deliberating already - hopefully we’ll have the results by the end of the week.

Do I put a happy or sad smiley there?

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 14 July 2012 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-07-14

are we there yet?  tongue wink

Posted: 14 July 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Since I haven’t heard anything yet, and there’s no DAZ post to this thread either, I’d have to conclude that DAZ are running behind schedule for some reason cheese

Do not adjust your sets. Everything is working fine… I’ll email them and see if I can find out what’s up.

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 14 July 2012 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1292
Joined  2006-01-16

Sorry, we did fall behind. We will get our part done soon…

Posted: 15 July 2012 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

...and no sooner did Kevin say that than he lived up to his word, forwarding details to me. Though I was out, so…. I’m the cause for the latest delay!

Let’s delay no further, eh? I’ll try to avoid commentry just as hard as I possibly can. But be sure to read all the way to the end.

WINNINGS!
==========

1st Prize - Victoria 5 Pro Bundle and Michael 5 Pro Bundle

Goes to evilgidget for “summerdaysgene”

2nd Prize either the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle or the Michael 5 Pro Bundle

We really had a tough time choosing who would get the 2nd prize and who would get the 3rd prize, so we’ve decided that there will be no 3rd prize as such - both fivecat (for “amy_fiber”) and WimvdB (for “MeetYourDaddy”) are tied second place.

BONUS prize: Rosie D has been deemed to be late and therefore disqualified from the competition. However, her image is so much fun and incorporates so much that we like that DAZ have kindly donated any DAZ Original of her choice up to the cost of a Starter Bundle.

ALTERNATE PRIZES

Obviously, since you’re interested in Genesis ANYWAY there’s a possibility that you already have V5, M5, or indeed both and a slew of extras… so if you already own the listed prize you will be able to swap in any DAZ Original of the same or lesser value.

Please contact me and let me know what you want and I’ll kick the info “upstairs” (and across the pond). Bear in mind that I am likely to be the delay in this part of the chain.

It’s not mandatory for anyone except fivecat but it would be nice to see some renders using what you’ve got, in Poser… and of course fivecat must produce a render (a PROPER render - no “this is what I got and nothing else in the scene” renders!) which uses everything all at once.

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 15 July 2012 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

A seperate post for the sycophantic stuff.

I’d like the thank those who produced such lovely renders - either for the competition or just “because you can”.

I’d also like to thanks DAZ for their generosity with the prizes - including stretching a point to allow two 2nd place winners and stretching ANOTHER point to provide an extra bonus prize for Rosie D. Thanks DAZ!

Now - how about some more renders? wink

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 15 July 2012 06:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  190
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks Cliff and DAZ for the prize!

Since I already have both the V5 and M5 pro bundles, I will PM you regarding an alternative prize.

I sincerely hope that DAZ will pick up on genesis in poser and will provide updates for the exporter to get an even better result.
I also hope they will improve the Poser Format Exporter to make it all a bit easier to transfer poses, mat files and dial settings.

Thanks!

Wim

Posted: 15 July 2012 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-07-14

Congrats to all winners.  grin

7 of 12