Digital Art Zone

12 of 12
Genesis to Poser .CR2 Competition
Posted: 30 August 2012 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2003-10-09
Velvet Goblin - 30 August 2012 04:34 PM

In order to export Genesis to Poser, you have to “work in DS” for less than five minutes.

You want me to take time I could use to work in Poser, to learn to use DS, so I can use it for 5 minutes,  when I can already use Poser?

Back when the competition was running, Cliff’s converter tutorial and scripts package was still on the front page of the store. A link, however, for future readers of the thread wouldn’t be a bad idea.

It would definitely make more sense if there was a link, or an explanation or something.

Posted: 31 August 2012 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5771
Joined  2006-02-20

Images must contain (at least) one figure/conformer which has been transferred to Poser using the CR2 exporter. My tut (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-to-poser-cr2) CAN be used as a reference to aid in doing this, but that is not mandatory. Nor is there any bar on exporting other figures as .OBJ files – but at least one should use the CR2 exporter. It can be Genesis or an item of clothing, or both.

Quoted from the first post ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 20 October 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2007-12-24

I hate to be “that guy”, but is this product still valuable considering the new exportability of Genesis to Poser?

Posted: 21 October 2012 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5771
Joined  2006-02-20

Oh, it is cheaper than the new DSON thingie, it works with older versions of DazStudio (for those that can’t or won’t update to 4.5.1.6), it works without installing an addon in the Poser software folder ...
I think it should stay.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 21 October 2012 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14049
Joined  2003-10-09

The DSON Importer doesn’t require any version of DS - as long as the content you want is updated with companion files. And it is still free if you buy content, of course.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 21 October 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2007-12-24
Kerya - 21 October 2012 01:38 AM

Oh, it is cheaper than the new DSON thingie, it works with older versions of DazStudio (for those that can’t or won’t update to 4.5.1.6), it works without installing an addon in the Poser software folder ...
I think it should stay.

Thanks for the input, Kerya.  I got the DSON importer for Poser when it was free, and purchased this importer at the PA sale for half price. I have updated to 4.5.1.6.

I wasn’t asking if it should stay or not, that is not my place.  I was asking it was still valuable.  It sounds like in my case, I probably won’t be using it much, so thanks for your input.

Indi.

Posted: 21 October 2012 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2003-10-09
Indigone - 20 October 2012 09:00 AM

I hate to be “that guy”, but is this product still valuable considering the new exportability of Genesis to Poser?

The DSON only works with Poser 9 +, so people with older versions might want to use it.  I don’t have 9, but I still see no point for me to learn DS just so I can bring a stationary figure into Poser.  If I was going to use DS, I would use DS for the render.

Being able to use Genesis in Poser might be a reason for me to upgrade to 9.

Posted: 21 October 2012 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8543
Joined  2007-11-06
motleyjust - 21 October 2012 05:22 PM
Indigone - 20 October 2012 09:00 AM

The DSON only works with Poser 9 +, so people with older versions might want to use it.  I don’t have 9, but I still see no point for me to learn DS just so I can bring a stationary figure into Poser.  If I was going to use DS, I would use DS for the render.

Being able to use Genesis in Poser might be a reason for me to upgrade to 9.

The DSON Importer allows you to use Genesis in Poser without DS.  Older versions of Poser don’t support weight-mapping, so neither method will allow you to use Genesis in older versions of Poser.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

12 of 12