Digital Art Zone

11 of 12
Genesis to Poser .CR2 Competition
Posted: 25 July 2012 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1385
Joined  2003-10-09

LOL a corner in an art gallery - love it, great idea to get to show off a variety of things in different ways.

New unofficial proposed rule:- once a concept is used in a “Here’s one with what I won” image, iy can’t be reused - so no more art galleries, the other winners have to think of a different angle…

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 25 July 2012 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2003-10-09

Has the exporter in DS4.5 been improved?
It is not much fun if you can’t use any of the morphs in the clothing without going through a lot of work dialing in each one of them separate for every bodypart.

If have looked through the change log for rc3 and nothing seemed to have been done about the locked morphs, autofitted clothing and automating the process. There are some bugfixes and some poser sr2 features are added.
Has anyone tried it yet?

Posted: 26 July 2012 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3798
Joined  2012-02-06

Just wanted to stop by to say congratulations to the contest winners, and to everyone else for your great renders—and especially to Cliff for making what is an important and clearly very effective tutorial. I’m not a Poser user—at least not yet—but I think it’s in everyone’s interest to increase compatibility and avoid a total schism between Poser and DAZ. Plus, if I decide to buy Poser in the future I’ll certainly want to use all my Genesis content in it. It’s nice to know that, contrary to public opinion, the square peg can indeed fit into the round hole. smile

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 28 July 2012 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2006-02-11

‘Bath First Then Shave’

wink

Image Attachments
BathFirstThenShave.jpg
 Signature 

Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of ice cream that no one’s ever eaten before….... - Delirium (Brief Lives)

Posted: 28 July 2012 08:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

WimvdB None that I know of beyond what we knew from (IIRC) the 4.5 rc2 notes. However, it seems to me that it’s quite possible that 4.5 isn’t quite ready for its close-up yet, and that there could be more functionality inserted before it reaches actual “release” status.

Scott-Livingston Many thanks smile it’s been great to see people invigorated by looking again at Genesis in Poser - for example…

Rosie D LOL you’ve tickled me again! I can’t help but pity the poor guy though - having to undergo the indignity of a bath AND shaving? You’re a cruel, cruel woman - isn’t one or the other enough already? Next thing you know you’ll be wanting him to wear a tie :(

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 29 July 2012 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-11

‘All Tidied Up’

Just coudn’t resist the temptation......

rolleyes

Thanks again Cliff for the scripts, it can still be a bit messy getting the clothing across but at least I can look at Genesis items now with a view to using them in Poser!

Image Attachments
AllTidiedUp.jpg
 Signature 

Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of ice cream that no one’s ever eaten before….... - Delirium (Brief Lives)

Posted: 30 July 2012 01:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

LOL the poor fella! I daren’t comment any more lest I risk inspiring any further indignity for the poor chap - but you’re a mean, mean woman Rosie D! wink

Cheers,

Cliff

PS I’m thinking the workflow should be a little better, at least, “soon”.

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6562
Joined  2006-02-20

LOL LOL LOL
Oh my!

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 30 July 2012 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-02-11

Well at least he has his pipeweed and a flagon of good ale to help him over the trauma, and I strongly suspect that he is plotting his revenge…...a dish best eaten cold!!!!

Looking forward to any updates - no pressure…..

wink

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2012 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
WimvdB - 14 August 2012 03:35 AM

See http://poser.smithmicro.com/updates.html

This includes a fix which eliminates the need for some of Cliff’s cloth fitting scripts when using genesis in Poser

It absolutely does a better job than at least 4 of my scripts, IMHO. Get SR3 - now smile

Now - I’d still like to see a few updates to the .CR2 exporter. Like enabling morphs, maybe making the root of the body the default selectable item instead of the hip, including IK chains… wink

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 28 August 2012 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-01-24

Tutorial link in the first post doesn’t work.  Better link somewhere?

Signature 

Www.theangrycrayon.com

Posted: 28 August 2012 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2005-09-14
ROzbeans - 28 August 2012 07:09 AM

Here you go grin

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-to-poser-cr2

Posted: 28 August 2012 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
islandgurl31 - 28 August 2012 07:13 AM
ROzbeans - 28 August 2012 07:09 AM

Here you go grin

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-to-poser-cr2

Thanks - I’ve updated the first post to reflect the change in URL :D

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 30 August 2012 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2003-10-09
Cliff Bowman - 15 June 2012 03:02 PM

OK, let’s get the ball rolling with a good old-fasioned competition! A Poser render competition featuring Genesis (anyone who doesn’t want Genesis, or doesn’t like it, doesn’t have to enter)

OK I am confused. My objection to Genesis was that I thought it only worked in DS.  If you had a contest to make a Poser Render using Genesis, I would have thought that the first thing to do was explain how to do it.

I tried finding something about how to do it in the messages in this thread, but the closest I have found after some digging, was you have to do it in DS then export the figure and import to Poser and render the scene. Why? 
If I wanted to work with DS I would just render in DS. 
The only thing I dislike about Genesis is I would have to use DS.  I have tried DS.  I sort of understood the original version, but not since then. Some people like DS but can’t use Poser. Some like Poser but can’t understand DS. (I know there are some who can use both. I ain’t one of them.)

Posted: 30 August 2012 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  375
Joined  2004-08-13

In order to export Genesis to Poser, you have to “work in DS” for less than five minutes.

For me, that’s a long way away from the 20 - 200 hours or more it would take to do all the work to get a good, final scene ready to render.

Back when the competition was running, Cliff’s converter tutorial and scripts package was still on the front page of the store. A link, however, for future readers of the thread wouldn’t be a bad idea.

11 of 12