Digital Art Zone

9 of 12
Genesis to Poser .CR2 Competition
Posted: 17 July 2012 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02

@ evilgidget :  I’m surprised she waxed her legs but neglected her chest and chin! smile

Any of the winners get their prizes yet?  Still waiting…  I’ve got a big render to work on and soon Cliff will be cracking the whip. raspberry

Posted: 17 July 2012 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  83
Joined  2006-09-17

Nope haven’t heard anything yet, just figured Daz was busy.  And she ran out of wax after she finished her legs, hehehe.

Posted: 19 July 2012 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-03-02

sigh.

Posted: 19 July 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  258
Joined  2008-08-09

To export the Genisis CR2 from Daz Studio to Poser, do you need to buy any 3D utility or software - or is Daz Studio and Poser enough? 

I’ve felt so alienated by DAZ with the introduction of Genesis and the revamping of the website and store that i’ve virtually stopped buying anything here, or following the forums. 

Just to get it straight - is it possible to create a character in DAZ Studio using Genesis and a bunch of morphs, and dress the figure in clothing and make it fit, and then export the complete morphed, dressed figure to Poser - and have it look normal?  Or does something weird happen to the figure or clothes along the way?

Can Genesis be imported into any other programs, such as VUE or Carrara or Blender or Bryce?

(If this is an inappropriate post for this thread - please move it to the forum or thread where it can be answered)

Thanks!

Posted: 19 July 2012 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5620
Joined  2006-02-20

Cliff’s tutorial and scripts are making things easier - much easier!!!!

But you always was able to export Genesis (with clothes) as an obj. And there always was the Poser cr2 exporter with an official tutorial here
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/saving_importing_and_exporting/tutorials/triax_figure_to_poser/start
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/saving_importing_and_exporting/tutorials/triax_clothing_to_poser/start
It’s not easy and doesn’t look that good out of the box (that may change with DazStudio 4.5, I don’t know), but it works.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 20 July 2012 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1254
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m sorry that it’s taking so long for DAZ to issue the prizes. I don’t know what the delay is, exactly - I’ve sent them the details as soon as they were all in.

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 20 July 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2006-02-11

A little something to be going on with while we wait….

‘Dusk to Dawn’

Dusk is V4WM wirh V4 Midsummer Dream Hair and V4 Cilea Costume

Dawn is Genesis with Midsummer Dream for Genesis and Cilea for Genesis

I had quite a battle with both these figures for different reasons and had varying degrees of success and some outright failures - the quest continues…...smile

Edit to add

I used Alice for both characters - added to Genesis via GenX
Asteria textures with SSS added in Poser

Image Attachments
Dusk-to-Dawn.jpg
 Signature 

Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of ice cream that no one’s ever eaten before….... - Delirium (Brief Lives)

Posted: 20 July 2012 02:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Gorgeous Rose :D

I’ve chased DAZ about the prizes so it’s a matter of waiting for them to respond I’m afraid. But if that’s the kind of thing we can expect to fill the void while we wait… maybe I should ask them to keep delaying?

Cheers wink

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 21 July 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-17

Rosie D, that is lovely work.  You make me ashamed to post my mundane effort.

Cliff, no, the delay is discouraging me as things aren’t going too well with trying to use the kid shape.  The shape itself is fine as long as I don’t try and use the infant at anything over 30% and I have high hopes that this is finally being fixed in SR3, so might get better.  But I can’t move any K4 clothing to Genesis and then export out to poser.  Adult clothes are fine (in so far as clothing is) when using your scripts.  But if the outfit was for K4, even after being fit over to the base genesis and adding in shape morphs, the minute it has been exported to poser it will load at K4 size instead of Genesis base size and the minute its conformed it applies the child shape scale and gets even smaller.  Limit corrections don’t help, manual scaling doesn’t work and it doesn’t matter whether copy figure scaling is checked on or off.  So something is going wrong somewhere with that, but who knows.

Anyway, enough of that, wasn’t promised perfect and have another week left on Genesis to Poser experiments before I reach the month I promised myself.  smile  Here is a mundane one, with the base V5 shape dialed up.

Image Attachments
shopping.jpg

Posted: 21 July 2012 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09

Can you give the details of the shapes and clothing? Morph dials for genesis and the outfits you use.
I might be able to test this in sr3 and see if that solves your problem. The tests I have done seem to work well
Conversion from V4->genesis->poser do not all give good results. If for instance S4 scaling is embedded in the cr2, it might have a problem.
I have not tried K4 clothing yet

Posted: 22 July 2012 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-17

WimvdB, before I gave up I had tried Mada’s Cuddles, the Bambini boys and girls clothes and Pajamas, I did find out that those all support the toddler morph, so you might be on to something.  I also tried 3DTubeMagic’s K4 Fairy which didn’t have the toddler morph support (chibi, kelda, realistic and thin) and the RPublishing K4 Playset (don’t believe that supports the toddler either).  I tried the K4cowpoke set , the boys version(came with the K4 Pro bundle). turns out it supports the toddler morph also.  Then tried some freebies by Sanbie, Pajamas and and Day wear that only support heavy, thin and Realistic.

In all cases, I loaded the clothes to Daz Studio and the Base Genesis figure, picked K4 from the autofit dropdown, let it do its thing… I kept the shape list short for these, I added Basic Female, V4 and V5, Basic Child, Heavy, Pot Bellied and Thin.  Then used the cr2 exporter, located the outfit obj when prompted, same conformer settings as for all the other clothing, saved it into the Poser Genesis Runtime.

But with every one of the outfits, I got the same problem, the clothing all loaded too small and got even smaller when conformed.  I just got tired and quit trying.  My first effort included the Genesis infant shape, but I deleted that effort, thinking it might be the problem (dependent parameter issues came to mind)  I tried with just the child, heavy, thin and, pot bellied) no joy.  And I even tried with just a basic female and V4 shape, again no go.

I can go from adult original clothing down, but not from child clothing up. *sigh*

Posted: 22 July 2012 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

evilgidget - I’m SO sorry about that. As you’re aware, I’ve not got a lot for kids but I’ll have a scout around and see if anything turns up. Sometimes I just wish I had remote control access to clients’ PCs so I can try things out in exactly the right environment, with exactly the right content :(

Don’t forget the Python script that unhides dials - that could potentially be handy in spotting where the problem is coming from.

WimvdB - ooh, thanks for stepping into the breach - that’d be most handy!

Cheers,

Cliff

Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 22 July 2012 02:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-17

Oh Cliff, don’t be sorry.  In the first place you weren’t sure how things would go when it came to the child/infant shapes and you were very upfront about that before I ever purchased.  I use the unhide script on pretty much everything anyway as too many things are often hidden from us for our own protection.  If others want to look at the issue and see if they get different results and can tell me what error I might be making,  I’ll certainly be grateful for their efforts.  But after experiencing the same issue with a variety of clothing from a variety of sources and having successful conversions of adult sized clothing, well I just got tired and figured that either the cr2 wasn’t being written correctly or it wasn’t being read correctly(or some combination of both), none of which I have the skill to fix and just let it go.

Posted: 22 July 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Rank
Joined  2006-09-17

Mr. Hyde with a mish mash of texture maps.  Hulk Tired

Image Attachments
hulktired.jpg

Posted: 22 July 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09
evilgidget - 22 July 2012 02:56 AM

Oh Cliff, don’t be sorry.  In the first place you weren’t sure how things would go when it came to the child/infant shapes and you were very upfront about that before I ever purchased.  I use the unhide script on pretty much everything anyway as too many things are often hidden from us for our own protection.  If others want to look at the issue and see if they get different results and can tell me what error I might be making,  I’ll certainly be grateful for their efforts.  But after experiencing the same issue with a variety of clothing from a variety of sources and having successful conversions of adult sized clothing, well I just got tired and figured that either the cr2 wasn’t being written correctly or it wasn’t being read correctly(or some combination of both), none of which I have the skill to fix and just let it go.

I tried it with other k4 clothing which I have (using pretty much the same morphs as you had) and I see the problem.
Even if you conform the clothing to an unmorphed genesis, the clothing comes in at the completely wrong scale. It looks like the exporter does not strip out the scaling elements from the cr2. The end result is pretty spectacular if you turn off the scaling in Poser, but not something you usually want (exploding minishirt fitted around the shins).
Anyway - it looks like a bug in the exporter - or something which they had not thought about yet (like the S4 scaling)
SR3 makes no difference here

Edit: I did some more testing and it is a bit different. It appears that any V4 to Genesis converted clothing does not export to Poser at the moment. All the ones I have tried fail even without any scaling at all. I guess going from Poser rigging to DS weihtmapping to Poser weightmapping goes a step too far for now.

9 of 12