Digital Art Zone

1 of 6
Serial numbers
Posted: 23 May 2012 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6060
Joined  2003-10-09

I realize that there are more important problems at the moment, but there still appears to be a free download of Hexagon. The download works to deliver the program, but never delivers a serial code. Sorry to be stupid, but is going to be the free full version for a while longer, or has that ship already sailed?
Thanks

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 23 May 2012 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2005-06-02

Try looking in the Readme file. If not there it should be in your account under serials.

Signature 

confused is this a smiley or a scary?

Posted: 23 May 2012 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-09-15

Hello, we’re back in action at last.  cool smile

But please say that we haven’t lost all the tutorial & video links from the old data base !!!!  ?

Signature 

Cheers, Fanners.raspberry

Posted: 23 May 2012 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-11-04

Hate to pester…

But is there a serial number for the free version of Hexagon?

Not just me, but quite a few people seem to be having this issue, where
Hexagon downloads but delivers no serial number. It is not in the readme,
and I don’t see it in my serial number list in the account profile. Should this
just be attributed to the general problems the DAZ site has been having
lately?

Posted: 23 May 2012 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2009-01-27
exquisitus - 23 May 2012 09:41 PM

...is there a serial number for the free version of Hexagon? It is not in the readme

??? How is it NOT in the readme?

A better question is: What IS in your readme?

My readme has the serial and nothing else.

Signature 

For any arguments or illustrations I give, my system specs are:
Hexagon version 2.5.1.79,  XP pro 32 bit,  pentium core2 duo,  ATI radeon 3870, 2 gigs ram

Posted: 23 May 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2004-04-23

It seems like they’ve changed things again. Before there was a zip file in the download link. Now there is an exe file in the download. The zip file containted a readme with a serial number, the exe does not have that. Looks like we’re back to account linking serials or they just added the wrong file to the download link. Check your account for a serial number and if it’s not there contact support.

Signature 

Cool content to build a great world for your toons:
http://www.contentparadise.com/searchimageviewdetail.aspx?searchText=&seller=3DToons

Posted: 24 May 2012 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-27
3D Toons - 23 May 2012 11:41 PM

It seems like they’ve changed things again. Before there was a zip file in the download link. Now there is an exe file in the download. The zip file containted a readme with a serial number, the exe does not have that. Looks like we’re back to account linking serials or they just added the wrong file to the download link. Check your account for a serial number and if it’s not there contact support.

And the plot sickens…  smile

I just checked, and the link itself is explicitly for the zip file: http://freedownloads.daz3d.com/Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip

But clicking that link just returns a 404.

The exe may have been erroneously placed during the revamp, and hopefully the zip file will be back soon.

ADD:

Just for kicks I tried 3D Toons suggestion to “Check your account for a serial number”, and “bingo”!

I clicked on “My Account”, then clicked “My Serial Numbers” on the left, and it shows the serial numbers for Bryce, Hexagon and DS4.

Signature 

Hexagon version 2.5.1.79,  XP pro 32 bit,  pentium core2 duo,  ATI radeon 3870, 2 gigs ram

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-06-03

I have checked both my readme file as well as my account’s serial numbers. I still can’t find my serial number for Hexagon 2.5 free. Someone, PLEASE help me.

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-27
GeorgeA7299 - 24 May 2012 04:19 AM

I have checked both my readme file as well as my account’s serial numbers. I still can’t find my serial number for Hexagon 2.5 free

Wait…this isn’t making any sense to me.

*IF* you have a readme, and *IF* that readme is inside a “Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip” file that you downloaded from DAZ, then it has the serial number in it.

Right at this moment, you can’t download Hexagon_2.5.1.79_Win32.zip at all, so you would have had to have downloaded it before the website revamp which means the zip file readme has the serial number in it.

Where did you get your “Hexagon 2.5 free” from, and what exactly does the readme that you say you “checked” have in it?

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15306
Joined  2003-10-09

I have flagged this problem up. Of course it is still very early in Dazland, so don’t expect any answers until they arrive at Daz_Towers, some 4 to 5 hours from now.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 24 May 2012 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-11-16

I find it odd that there’s a readme file with a serial. Isn’t the serial supposed to be located on your account page?

Just go to your account and then My Serial Numbers and there it is…

Signature 

smile

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-27
eyeliner - 24 May 2012 04:51 AM

I find it odd that there’s a readme file with a serial. Isn’t the serial supposed to be located on your account page? Just go to your account and then My Serial Numbers and there it is…

You’re describing the system that was in place before DAZ made their software freely available.

Under that system, you had to register an account with DAZ and then order the software and pay for it. Then you were assigned a unique serial number which was sent separately to your account, along with a link to download the executable installer.

When the software first became free, that system was still in place except that there was no option to pay for it - but you still had to register, and you still received a unique serial number in your account.

After a short while, DAZ pulled out all the stops and just posted a link to a zip file which was accessible to anyone visiting the site without registering. Anyone could now download the file anonymously, and everyone got the same installer and the same serial number. This serial number is in the zip file’s “readme”.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-06-03

I just downloaded Hexagon today. It was a free version, but it wasn’t a zip file. It was a setup program. The setup program installed everything okay, but when I ran it, it asked for a serial number. A readme file was included but all it had was a list of features for Hexagon. There was no serial number. As I said, I also checked My Account, looked under My Serial Numbers, and found nothing. Could you tell me were I can find the zip file you mentioned?

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-11-16

Oh, I wasn’t aware of the change. Sorry.

Signature 

smile

Posted: 24 May 2012 05:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15306
Joined  2003-10-09

I repeat this post

chohole - 24 May 2012 04:48 AM

I have flagged this problem up. Of course it is still very early in Dazland, so don’t expect any answers until they arrive at Daz_Towers, some 4 to 5 hours from now.

Daz3D is aware of the problem. THe Download should be a zip, but is currently downloading as the older .exe.

THere is a thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/115/  Giving some contact email addresses, which can be used until such time as the support system is bak up and working properly. Be aware though that they are getting a wee bit inundated with email queries, so it may take time for them to work through to your query.

We will keeep you uupdated as to what is happening.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 24 May 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-21

It’s possible to have the serial for hexagon Pleaseeeee

1 of 6