Digital Art Zone

1 of 7
What is your favorite skimpwear? :)
Posted: 10 May 2013 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2798
Joined  2006-07-31

You know that type of outfits: chainmail bikinis and pieces of fabric with pauldrons that don’t protect vital organs at the slightest, small short dresses made even smaller and shorter by designer cuts all across the body, leotards and bodysuits which leave very little to imagination, modern clothes that you won’t put on your teenage daughter or son. Love it or hate it, skimwear is here and most probably it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

But what is your favorite skimwear? Is there the one that you quietly like as a guilty pleasure, or maybe you use often as a part of more sensible mix-and-match, or maybe you truly like some of it as it is designed? Maybe promos make it look good and elegant, or maybe it reminds you of barbarian and barbarian princesses - male or female, what is your favorite skimwear?

I’m just curious smile

Personally I have several of ‘guilty pleasure’ category (Genesis Scout, Athlantya for Genesis and Blade Maiden), and several I like because promos look nice and elegant (AvaAdore, Hirilneth, The Light Mage)

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 10 May 2013 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3032
Joined  2004-04-14

Bras, panties and bikinis!!! :D :D :D (and Aiko3!)

Image Attachments
62_-_Space_Bunnies.jpg68_-_Angels.jpg153_-_Sylfie_10.jpg159_-_Salome_3.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 10 May 2013 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08

I rarely use skimpwear as-is — I only buy it as part of a promotion, for a contest, or to kit-bash (like with Quickwind and Scarlet fG).  Which means I prefer what skimpwear I buy to come in multiple pieces and with versatile material zones . . . I gotta say that Xena’s Wicked series is good for that, here’s an example of the Wicked Bolero with the SuperSuit.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 10 May 2013 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2003-10-09

Either
  1. Straps & Harnesses
  2. Anything that is one inch too short or one size too small.

Posted: 10 May 2013 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2798
Joined  2006-07-31
pwiecek - 10 May 2013 08:50 AM

Either
  1. Straps & Harnesses

Anything in particular? Maybe something that combines both? smile

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 10 May 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  592
Joined  2003-10-09
Kattey - 10 May 2013 08:55 AM

Either
  1. Straps & Harnesses

Right now I’m looking for a really short cropped leather jacket with long tight sleeves. I’m talking not even covering thee entire breasts. I can’t find a picture of the exact jacket, but it comes into style occasionally. Biker style would be best, but a dressy one would work too.

The gear punk Jacket from Renderositys the right length, but lacks the sleeves.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/gear-punk-for-v4/96925/

For shorts, I like what I describe as the “panties with a belt” look. The Kit-1 shorts for Terai Yuki are a good example

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=44298

As far as the straps go, I’d like to find a pair of stockings held up by suspenders. I mean the US definition of suspenders, not a garter belt. Think of a pair of thigh-highs held up by a pair of suspenders that go all the way over a woman’s shoulders.

Posted: 10 May 2013 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2011-02-17

dx30’s Sharp Sword outfit. 

Looks like a two-piece, but it’s really a gravity defying one-piece. grin

And it was on sale all week for 40% off.

http://www.daz3d.com/sharpsword-for-v4

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 10 May 2013 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8394
Joined  2009-07-13

I quite like Frostbite

Image Attachments
index.gif
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 10 May 2013 11:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12028
Joined  2005-10-07

frostbite is more colourful than your casual mankinis smile

:idea:  he needs one of those belly size anchor tatts smile

Signature 

Ð tongue laugh ° ° ° ° ° ö Ø

Posted: 10 May 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12028
Joined  2005-10-07
pwiecek - 10 May 2013 10:20 AM
Kattey - 10 May 2013 08:55 AM

Either
  1. Straps & Harnesses

Right now I’m looking for a really short cropped leather jacket with long tight sleeves. I’m talking not even covering thee entire breasts. I can’t find a picture of the exact jacket, but it comes into style occasionally. Biker style would be best, but a dressy one would work too.

The gear punk Jacket from Renderositys the right length, but lacks the sleeves.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/gear-punk-for-v4/96925/

For shorts, I like what I describe as the “panties with a belt” look. The Kit-1 shorts for Terai Yuki are a good example

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=44298

As far as the straps go, I’d like to find a pair of stockings held up by suspenders. I mean the US definition of suspenders, not a garter belt. Think of a pair of thigh-highs held up by a pair of suspenders that go all the way over a woman’s shoulders.

yayy TY.

i was just thinking about what to dress her for beach volleyball.

Signature 

Ð tongue laugh ° ° ° ° ° ö Ø

Posted: 10 May 2013 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3798
Joined  2012-02-06

I don’t buy much skimpwear, though I do use it fairly often*...usually in order to test out a new skin texture I’ve purchased, or to experiment with lighting and skin surface settings (but maybe that goes without saying…the purpose of skimpwear is to show more skin, right?).

I’d have to say my favorite is Andromedas Legend, because aside from being cool-looking fantasy skimpwear, it also comes with props and poses for a great low price. Also the Genesis Supersuit, because it can be as skimpy (or not) as desired.

Honorable mentions include Amethyst Fantasy, Dragon Queen, and Briana Culaith (the latter in large part thanks to SnowSultan’s renders of Smacky wearing it). For the guys, probably DragonLord.

*I was going to claim that I DON’T use it very often, but then I reviewed my render thread… tongue wink

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 10 May 2013 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1498
Joined  2006-07-04

The outfit as a whole doesn’t really fall into my definition of skimpwear, but the Mall Girl top wouldn’t be allowed on non-uniform day at my daughter’s school, and has been turning up in a lot of my renders lately.

Other than that, possibly Amathyst for Genesis.  I don’t use the skirt much, but the top and the foot-wear are pretty common for one of the races for the fantasy world I’m building.

Signature 

DAZ Gallery * * *DA Gallery

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  823
Joined  2003-10-09

Briana Culaith, I use that so much, I could have paid Turbosquid prices and still gotten my money’s worth.  wink

edit: just read Scott’s comments above, thank you very much!

Signature 

“It answers all the questions, finally, but not really, but kind of”
- Bob Denver

my deviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com

Smacky icon by Xamag

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  384
Joined  2003-10-09

Aery Soul’s “Classic Fantasy” is great for those guilty pleasure cheesecake fantasy renders, but sadly seems to be no longer on sale. (Here’s one of my images featuring it). Garee’s Martian Princess is a possible alternative (as featured in this render).

The V4 Forest Dryad outfit is also nice if you want something leafy (here’s another example image).

If you’re more into science-fiction, Brazen is pretty good (as seen in this image, supplemented with V4 Basic Wear).

And if you want it steampunk-y, try Strapped Suit (of which, quite by chance, I just happen to have another image).

EDIT: Classic Fantasy is now back on sale at RDNA.

Signature 

http://bytescapes.com/            Bryce/Carrara/Reality galleries and resources

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5334
Joined  2008-03-06
wendy♥catz - 10 May 2013 10:55 AM

I quite like Frostbite

Soul mate!

Oh man I almost fell out of my chair.

I like primitive outfits for sword and sorcery type scenes.  I don’t care for “regular” clothes that are tight or ill-fitting for the purpose of being sexy, especially when it’s presented as “this is how nurses and secretaries really dress!”  I’d literally rather see people in full-on fetish vinyl because then I’m only asked to believe they deliberately are into a fetish, not that they deliberately put on clothes that didn’t fit.

I say this for club wear, at least that’s often how women do dress to go to clubs.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery and tutorials.

Posted: 10 May 2013 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1947
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
So for shirts, I’m partial to the Aussie Girl shirt and of course the Hongyu’s shirt for V5 but these are mostly skimpwear when used…‘right’. wink

Another classic that I use all-too-often is Hongyu’s Bikini.

Historically I have a bunch of renders that use pieces from Nightshayde for Genesis.

Lately I’ve been using shirts, cut-offs and shorts from these in a LOT of my renders: Tank Tops and Cut Offs.  Of course Kimberly’s shorts are also very cute.

For skimpwear I like shorts, and keyhole shirts, but all the keyhole shirts I use are V4 conversions to Genesis.

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

1 of 7