Digital Art Zone

Background in Highland Lad Promos
Posted: 09 May 2013 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2012-01-22

Does anyone know if that’s an actual complete environment set used in the backgrounds for the Highland Lad promos? http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/highland-lad ... or even if it’s a set of background images that’s up for purchase anywhere? I’ve been looking for a grassy, mountainous backdrop (preferably w/a small body of water) for ages.

Posted: 09 May 2013 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4720
Joined  2011-11-25
LEI1 - 09 May 2013 03:20 PM

Does anyone know if that’s an actual complete environment set used in the backgrounds for the Highland Lad promos? http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/highland-lad ... or even if it’s a set of background images that’s up for purchase anywhere? I’ve been looking for a grassy, mountainous backdrop (preferably w/a small body of water) for ages.

I’m stumped. Some of it almost looks like Howie Farkes, carrara products, but with the depth of field on it is tough to make out. IT could also be a photo on a cyclorama with the foreground done with some ground grass product.

sorry, don’t recognize it. But I too would like to know. =-)

Posted: 27 May 2013 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  579
Joined  0

Sorry, it took me a while to find this thread smile

The backgrounds are photos from www.morguefile.com - free to use.
The grass is partially from the photos and partially some 3D grass props which I placed around the figure’s feet.

Posted: 28 May 2013 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1142
Joined  2003-10-09
- esha - - 27 May 2013 11:00 PM

The grass is partially from the photos and partially some 3D grass props which I placed around the figure’s feet.

Thanks for the info. Great use of the photos, really superb.

Is it possible to identify the specific grass prop used in the first promo? Not the main promo but the first thumbnail. I’ve seen it or similar a lot and cannot identify it. A bit wider blades than most and a brownish greenish color. I love that grass.

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  579
Joined  0

If I remember correctly, that’s one of the grass props from Traveler’s plant packs on RDNA.

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1142
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks. I thought I had all of his. Perhaps one slipped by me I’ll have to check!!

Posted: 30 May 2013 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2012-01-22

Thanks for the RE Esha, those promos were very well done btw and morguefile looks like an excellent resource. Really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction!

Posted: 30 May 2013 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3062
Joined  2004-10-25

Wow, and I was going to guess Bryce, but I couldn’t remember if you use it or not.

Signature 

OK . . . Where’s my chocolate?     Post Count —> 3,263 and growing!     Visit my Renderosity Gallery

It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden