Digital Art Zone

Problem with Upper East Side of Classic Deco
Posted: 09 May 2013 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  685
Joined  2008-02-24

Hello!

I have a problem when trying to use the UpperEastSide materials for ClassicDeco. http://www.daz3d.com/upper-east-side-for-classic-deco When selecting Pre_All I got a message asking “Would you like to save changes to the current scene before closing it”. Not reading thoroghly because I thought it was just another of the lot of Genesis errors which has no relevance at all I just klicked YES - and my whole scene was killed!

The UpperEastSide preload was loaded all right, but everything there earlier became zapped out of the picture. The characters, clothes, guns, hair, lighs, cameras - everything I’ve been working hours to aquire!

So I had to start all over again, and when I tried to load UpperEastSide once more, I got the same error message, and this time I clicked off and went for the default Classic Deco, which loads without the error.

Now is there a way around this fault so that I can use the materials for UpperEastSide? (It has become too late to return as UES was among those PC products I just grabbed just for the heck of it and never bothered to run properly before now :-( A behaviour I really must stop but that’s another story…)

Posted: 09 May 2013 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1001
Joined  2012-02-04

Right-click the icon for it in content library and select merge instead of open.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

Posted: 09 May 2013 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13938
Joined  2003-10-09

It appears that the preload was saved as a scene, not a scene subset, and that defaults to opening as a new scene rather than merging with the existing scene. Please make a bug report to the content bug tracker.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 09 May 2013 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2347
Joined  2003-12-06
Richard Haseltine - 09 May 2013 04:54 AM

It appears that the preload was saved as a scene, not a scene subset, and that defaults to opening as a new scene rather than merging with the existing scene.

<headscratch> I haven’t completely switched over to using D|S4.5 yet, but I’ve done a fair bit of scene assembly using bits saved as scenes, mostly in D|S3 but some in D|S4.5. I’ve never heard of this behaviour before. That’s the way it’s supposed to happen?

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 09 May 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06
SpottedKitty - 09 May 2013 03:37 PM

It appears that the preload was saved as a scene, not a scene subset, and that defaults to opening as a new scene rather than merging with the existing scene.

<headscratch> I haven’t completely switched over to using D|S4.5 yet, but I’ve done a fair bit of scene assembly using bits saved as scenes, mostly in D|S3 but some in D|S4.5. I’ve never heard of this behaviour before. That’s the way it’s supposed to happen?

Yes, the default on double-click is that a Scene opens as a new scene while a Scene Subset merges with the existing scene, although you can right-click or use the File menu if you want the other behavior.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 09 May 2013 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2347
Joined  2003-12-06

Aha!  (drat, we need a “lightbulb” smiley)

Sounds like an improvement on the old default Poser behaviour. Have to keep this in mind in the future. Thanks.

Edit: Just realised, this is an excellent example of the old argument about why using .duf as an extension for every D|S file type is such a bad idea — we can’t tell what’s what until we try to load it. Too late to change it back now, I suppose.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 10 May 2013 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  685
Joined  2008-02-24

Please make a bug report to the content bug tracker.

How do I do that? Is it the same as Submit a Help Request ?

Posted: 10 May 2013 08:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  13938
Joined  2003-10-09

No, it’s at bugs.daz3d.com and if you haven’t created an account there you will need to do so.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list