Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
ISO: Alien Starship Bridge
Posted: 10 May 2013 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  666
Joined  2008-04-30
Patience55 - 10 May 2013 02:58 PM

No they don’t mention it. Rendered in D/S4.5. Both .cr files do this.

Sounds interesting! Have fun putting it all together wink

But none of the images in the product’s gallery show this.  Think it can be DS4 issue?

EDIT:  I take that back!  I do see the damage hulls in the product gallery renders.  Again, good thing i dont need the exterior.

-MJ

Posted: 10 May 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  511
Joined  2003-10-09

Possibly an issue with the normals.

Posted: 10 May 2013 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4685
Joined  2012-04-07

Probably, but for $ hmm, ... anyway fixing anything in Hexie means also redoing the uvmaps so it’s not on the high priority list.

Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-30
Patience55 - 10 May 2013 10:10 PM

Probably, but for $ hmm, ... anyway fixing anything in Hexie means also redoing the uvmaps so it’s not on the high priority list.

You’re prolly right.  I think i need to consider some other interiors.  So in case there are some others out there, please advise.

-MJ

Posted: 12 May 2013 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  155
Joined  2007-08-17

I’ve seen this before few times and I suspect it’s not an issue with normals but those black faces may actually be quads (even though they look like triangles). DS doesn’t like faces where neighboring edges are in 180° or greater angle towards each others and shows them black. Poser is much more forgiving, so it’s mostly a DS issue.
I don’t know about Hexagon, but I’ve managed to fix them in Wings3D without messing the UV maps by triangulating the faces causing trouble. In Wings3D adding, removing or moving vertices will break the UVs, but in many cases you can quite safely add or remove edges. Just don’t forget to make a backup first!

Signature 

My DAZ3D store
My Facebook page
My Gallery

Posted: 12 May 2013 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Sneeze and Hexie loses the uvmap wink

Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2013 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  536
Joined  2011-04-14

If anyone wants to make a scratch/custom made one, I am an amateur UFOlogist and have done a lot of research into the vessels that ET being have traveled in and here’s some suggestions to make it a bit more accurate.

1: Do not make it cluttered with machinery, the aliens, the particular species or two I looked at in my research tend to go for this mentality: Less is more.

2: Little to no manual controls…a few touch screens at most.  From what I have researched, the vessels were more thought controlled via telepathic brain waves and so on, possibly through an interface device on or near the head of the occupants.

3: The interior walls was sort of self illuminated, with colors of various shades and hues swirling and blending subtly into each other.  And the colors intensified when touched.

4: Some of the vessels were filled with a liquid, possibly a nutrient fluid for the aliens, and fed on via absorbsion through the skin.

5: subdued lighting.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 12 May 2013 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
TheCastellan - 12 May 2013 11:24 PM

If anyone wants to make a scratch/custom made one, I am an amateur UFOlogist and have done a lot of research into the vessels that ET being have traveled in and here’s some suggestions to make it a bit more accurate.

1: Do not make it cluttered with machinery, the aliens, the particular species or two I looked at in my research tend to go for this mentality: Less is more.

2: Little to no manual controls…a few touch screens at most.  From what I have researched, the vessels were more thought controlled via telepathic brain waves and so on, possibly through an interface device on or near the head of the occupants.

3: The interior walls was sort of self illuminated, with colors of various shades and hues swirling and blending subtly into each other.  And the colors intensified when touched.

4: Some of the vessels were filled with a liquid, possibly a nutrient fluid for the aliens, and fed on via absorbsion through the skin.

Hope this helps.

Awesome. Yes that helps explain something.

Also could fly off in any direction without the need to turn around first.

Signature 

Posted: 12 May 2013 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14
Patience55 - 12 May 2013 11:40 PM

Hope this helps.

And at very fast speeds.  I gotta find an awesome video taken in Mexico of an amazing sighting…..20 or so ships, in 2 different formations, and each of them going in what I can only describe as ‘dancing’ with grace, spinning and rotating, while moving to the other formations and trading places.  Mexico is a lot more open to the UFO topic and take it seriously, and have news programs dedicated to it, not like here in America where the mainstream media ridicules and laughs at it or gives it a quick tidbit, to cleverly follow it with reports staring a few tweeners on how to make a hoax, stating to be skeptical of the entire topic.  They did that with Aldren and Mitchell when the came forward and talked about their experiences.

Posted: 12 May 2013 11:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
TheCastellan - 12 May 2013 11:48 PM

Hope this helps.

And at very fast speeds.  I gotta find an awesome video taken in Mexico of an amazing sighting…..20 or so ships, in 2 different formations, and each of them going in what I can only describe as ‘dancing’ with grace, spinning and rotating, while moving to the other formations and trading places.  Mexico is a lot more open to the UFO topic and take it seriously, and have news programs dedicated to it, not like here in America where the mainstream media ridicules and laughs at it or gives it a quick tidbit, to cleverly follow it with reports staring a few tweeners on how to make a hoax, stating to be skeptical of the entire topic.  They did that with Aldren and Mitchell when the came forward and talked about their experiences.

Peru is another country ‘of interest’. Was talking with somebody from there who was selling rather interesting looking figurines. In asking what they were supposed to be representing [expecting an answer about mythological creatures or gods] she looked rather surprized that we wouldn’t know ... after all these were of those guys that come down and do some type of brain surgery on people in the night. Then she suddenly looked very worried and changed topics. The figures are a very familiar type ‘style’ I’m most have seen if they have seen any Peruvian figurines.

Signature 

Posted: 13 May 2013 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-14
Patience55 - 12 May 2013 11:57 PM
TheCastellan - 12 May 2013 11:48 PM

Hope this helps.

Peru is another country ‘of interest’. Was talking with somebody from there who was selling rather interesting looking figurines. In asking what they were supposed to be representing [expecting an answer about mythological creatures or gods] she looked rather surprized that we wouldn’t know ... after all these were of those guys that come down and do some type of brain surgery on people in the night. Then she suddenly looked very worried and changed topics. The figures are a very familiar type ‘style’ I’m most have seen if they have seen any Peruvian figurines.

Look up Native American history, as well as Hindu, Dogon and Egypt…..all are very similar and all of them even point to the same place….Sirius, and the Dogon knew of it’s existence and location via metal maps long before Western science ever knew of it.

Posted: 13 May 2013 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-17
Patience55 - 12 May 2013 10:54 PM

Yeah, just one of the reasons why I love Wings smile Even with its limitations it has some great features!

Signature 

My DAZ3D store
My Facebook page
My Gallery

Posted: 13 May 2013 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Porsimo - 13 May 2013 12:11 AM

Yeah, just one of the reasons why I love Wings smile Even with its limitations it has some great features!

I keep telling myself I should try and learn another program ... maybe one day.

Signature 

Posted: 13 May 2013 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-17
Patience55 - 13 May 2013 12:16 AM
Porsimo - 13 May 2013 12:11 AM

I keep telling myself I should try and learn another program ... maybe one day.

Same here LOL There are things that can be done rather easily in other programs, but require workaround solutions in Wings so things can get frustrating sometimes…

I’m just too used to its interface and the way it works smile

Signature 

My DAZ3D store
My Facebook page
My Gallery

Posted: 13 May 2013 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-30

Another bridge I am considering is attached below.  I really like how the command chair sits “above” the rest of his bridge crew.  The alien culture kinda has a hierarchy like this and this is a good representation of their bridge. 

I also really like how all the panels “look” alien.  No english or such no where i can see on this set.

What concerns me is the textures of this set look very flat and Im concerned how this will come off.  I also found out this set resembles an actual Klingon bridge but im not sure from what movie.  And with that being said, with me using it in a commercial setting, can i run into some issues with the Star Trek owners due to the resemblance.

-MJ

Image Attachments
AlienBridge2.jpg

2 of 3