Digital Art Zone

Dynamic Ultimate Pattern Design Kit for Poser by Optitex and DraagonStorm
Posted: 08 May 2013 08:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-16

I bought this product on the DAZ website. When I go to readme and try to click on documentation or customer support, they are bad links (it seems like there are a lot of bad links to DAZ).
I"m trying to figure out how to use this product. I understand dynamic clothing and have used it quite a bit. It’s the patterns I’m unsure what to do with.
Anyone have any suggestions or links to tutorials or the right link for documentation or customer support by the merchant?
Thanks,

Posted: 08 May 2013 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14748
Joined  2003-10-09

It’s a product which hasn’t yet had its readme updated for the new documentation centre - when it does it will be here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/13678/start

The patterns are pieces of cloth that can be combined with others to build up a particular look - it’s just a question of loading and layering, probably simulating some before adding others but you will need to experiment. The thread created when it was released is here, though you will need to perform surgery on the links to see the images (copy the partial link from the HTML and paste it after forumarchive.daz3d.com, then paste the whole thing into your browser’s address bar to get to the image).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 08 May 2013 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8998
Joined  2007-11-06

If you have all the installers there’s a guide installed to readme’s:  11300_UltimatePatternDesignKit.pdf

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 08 May 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14748
Joined  2003-10-09

That’s the product code for the DS version - I wasn’t sure if the Poser version had it, though it should (a major part of the guide was a list of shapes, as I recall).

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 08 May 2013 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-06-16

Thank you everyone for responding so quickly. I’ll look for the guide, but now I also get how I might start experimenting.
Thanks again!

Posted: 28 July 2013 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2005-01-29

The PDF just tells you what files are in the package, but no info on making use of the pattern pieces.  Does anyone know of any even basic tutorial to get me started (and yes I’ve been using the DAZ dynamic items for a long time).

Posted: 29 July 2013 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  793
Joined  2005-12-12
Wyvern - 28 July 2013 11:34 PM

The PDF just tells you what files are in the package, but no info on making use of the pattern pieces.  Does anyone know of any even basic tutorial to get me started (and yes I’ve been using the DAZ dynamic items for a long time).

I don’t really have a tutorial, but there’s not much to it, either. You position the pieces (you can use different layouts for the pieces in the ‘Styles’ window in the Dynamic Clothing Tab), choose what items to collide them with and then you drape them.