Total Posts:  1194
Joined  2005-04-12

Thanks, Blaine!

Posted: 16 July 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2003-10-09
FroschGott - 16 July 2012 09:43 AM

After that you will have to purchase the update, so what?
You bought C8.1, nothong else.

Yes, but 8.1 has bugs that have been fixed in the 8.5 betas but not released as an 8.1 update.  I myself have reported at least three items in the bug tracker, had interchanges with the development team, and then found the bugs fixed in the beta.  I do most of my work in 8.1 but there are some things, associated with these bugs, I can do only in 8.5.

Signature 

My Website: The Vernian Era
My Renderosity Store
My Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 16 July 2012 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2008-07-18

I had just installed the 8.5 beta a couple of days ago.  WHen it expired, was give then option to convert to 30 day trial.

How do I now put that back to the beta?

Do I have to uninstall when the trial expires in 30 days and then reinstall and put new serial number?
Or is there a way to simply add that serial number to my current installation?

Thanks.

Posted: 16 July 2012 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  429
Joined  2007-10-08
Mosk the Scribe - 16 July 2012 10:20 AM

I had just installed the 8.5 beta a couple of days ago.  WHen it expired, was give then option to convert to 30 day trial.

Do I have to uninstall when the trial expires in 30 days and then reinstall and put new serial number?

Thanks.

To the left of the File menu, is the DAZ Icon. Just select the DAZ Icon > Register Carrara…
Then you will be able to put in your SN.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 16 July 2012 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2008-07-18
DAZ_bfurner - 16 July 2012 10:41 AM
Mosk the Scribe - 16 July 2012 10:20 AM

Thanks.

To the left of the File menu, is the DAZ Icon. Just select the DAZ Icon > Register Carrara…
Then you will be able to put in your SN.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Blaine.  Registered new serial without any problem.

Posted: 16 July 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  0
DAZ_bfurner - 16 July 2012 08:58 AM

I’ve updated the SN for Carrara 8.5 Beta.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Posted: 16 July 2012 12:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2006-06-27

Thank you =-)

Signature 

“There is never enough sleep for the salior of the night” jcrabb
And as always:  “Educate don’t Humiliate

Posted: 16 July 2012 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-11-28
DAZ_bfurner - 16 July 2012 08:58 AM

Sorry everyone. I’ve updated the SN for Carrara 8.5 Beta.

CDZCPRO-085-0000026-BLW-001-EBTOLPQ  Expires August 31st, 2012

a couple days late and a few dollars short

see

Moss - 05 July 2012 01:01 PM

not just for carrara but Daz and site in general

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAcMzuu70A8

Posted: 16 July 2012 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8001
Joined  2009-07-13

oh stop being so dramatic!!
and you could have at least rendered it in C8.1 instead of linking to a video!!!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 16 July 2012 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6185
Joined  2007-12-04

Been building some animated scenes, populating wilderness areas with Carrara Plant-Primitive vegetation, building shaders, and experimenting some more with the most wonderful Ocean primitive, amongst other things, and haven’t experienced anything new to add to the Bug Tracker. Animations have been rendering nicely (and quickly), tools and interface behaving very smooth and effortless, loading/saving/batch rendering are all as expected (or better) and I’m still in the belief that Carrara should become the most major focus for development at Daz3d.

Bug # 0045405 still remains a nuisance to me. Would save me a LOT of time if that feature worked properly.

In all honesty, I’d love to see Daz take Carrara as their premier package and make it their newest “Professional” version of Daz Studio or as a new “Daz 3d Suite” or some other name, and incorporate all of the DS Pro features into it. Instead of having a DS > Hexagon > DS bridge, it would be amazing if all duties such a bridge employs were all no longer necessary since Carrara could do it all. Especially the ability to add saveable morph targets as well as morphs onto purchased items (as you can via DS > Hex > DS). Having aniMate work directly within Carrara (with the addition of a powerfully configurable walk designer), dynamic cloth and hair simulation (perfected far more than current Carrara status) amongst other powerful DS Pro features would simply make Carrara (under its new Daz name) some of the best software on the market. Being able to ‘save as’ Daz Studio format and export to CR2, etc., would certainly make it fit the Daz reputation of excellence while bringing them more into the professional 3d modeling/animation software spotlight than ever before. Daz Pro 3d Tools would be a true contender on the market. From that, amazing point in time, Daz designers/developers would have a much better position towards keeping up with themselves (growth via Daz necessity) and the tends in the 3d field to stay in the upper ranks of the software hierarchy as well. Granted, such a perfect product would be worth more, so we would obviously have to cough out more dough for the end result, but such a thing would be well worth the purchase price. I know that I’d buy it! But then again, I love the way Carrara is now - so….

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 16 July 2012 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  374
Joined  0
Dartanbeck - 16 July 2012 04:44 PM

Bug # 0045405 still remains a nuisance to me. Would save me a LOT of time if that feature worked properly.

Did you see in the bug tracker that the developer working on this problem is asking for an example scene file and steps to reproduce it?

Signature 

-Dean

DAZ Gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#users/1922/

Posted: 17 July 2012 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2005-10-18

Given that this new beta SN runs unitl 31st August, I take it there will not be a proper release of 8.5 until at least mid to late september at the earliest.???

Any idea, when, we can expect a completed 8.5??, this has been a VERY long development cycle for a point release. 

Now if you are effectively rebuilding the Carrara code base from the ground up and setting the platform for some amazing new developments in the Software, then that is great news and I applaud and understand the long development cycle…

....But if, after all this time, we are just waiting for Genesis support, a bit more Daz studio file integration, and some bug fixes then…well…thats not so great..

Looking forward to the eventual Final 8.5

SK.

Posted: 17 July 2012 02:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-08-24

HI swordkensia smile

Any idea, when, we can expect a completed 8.5??

The answer would have to be,.. when it’s ready for release. :(

this has been a VERY long development cycle for a point release.

I Agree,.. but it’s actually adding elements form a completely different software product (Daz Studio) as well as dealing with the Major bug fixes for Mac users. ..which were the biggest issue with C8.0 and 8.1.( IMO )

Integrating Daz Studio and carrara had meant building a new Daz User format (DUF) and developing that new format to a point where it works equally in two different programs. ..not an easy task.

Adding the DS content browser , DS auto-fit, and all the other “features” of Daz Studio which make Genesis possible, into Carrara, hasn’t been simple either, and it means testing in two differently written software products at the same time, and it’s not finished yet.

so,.. it’s not simply a point release with a few bug fixes.

It’s more of a first step integration,.. which should enable Carrara and Studio to have a more robust pipeline, and an easier work-flow between both packages, and that should also make any transition from free Studio users to purchased Carrara users easier. where any purchased content can be used in either, or both products

Hope that makes sense smile

Posted: 17 July 2012 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1435
Joined  2008-01-01

Perhaps Dartenbeck could give an example of the problem he’s having with NLA looping for us to test - working fine for me.

Posted: 17 July 2012 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  227
Joined  2005-10-18

Hi 3dage,

Thank you for your considered reply…

I have actually started using Genesis in Studio 4 Pro, and rendering in Lux via Reality.  and although I swore I would never use Studio, I applied myself to the program and now actually rather like it, Genesis naturally works brilliantly in it, but more than that V4 bends better in Studio, plus all the fix morphs etc work without having to jump through hoops.

Studio 4 Pro has some great features, the smoothing modifier is just amazing…Carrara REALLY needs that.

Now I have been a Carrara user for 7 years.  I love the program and until 6 montha ago, wouldn’t render or produce scenes in anyhting else but Carrara.

But I will be frank with you.  I find it it highly unlikely that many Studio users will go from from Studio to Carrara, a free software to a paid one, that doesn’t make sense.

Plus if you consider the plugins that are being developed for Studio, the gap between the two softwares is closing rapidly, Carrara looks more and more anomilous in the Daz setup.

What I am saying is.. that to Survive I believe Carrara needs to be MORE than just a content management package, as there are other softwares that do that better, thats why I was hoping that this next release paves the way for more than just more content management.

But we shall see..

Peace,

S.K.

11 of 16