Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
DSON Importer for Poser (1.1.0.18) General Release, Now Available!
Posted: 22 June 2013 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-07-27

I just installed the newest version of DSON and I get this error, I have also installed Genesis 2 and have the original Genesis files too.

I am on Mac Snow Leopard and I am not a newbie Poser user. I am using Poser Pro 2012 and I have all service updates.

This error killed Poser immediately. Help is appreciated!

Image Attachments
Screen_shot_2013-06-22_at_2.13_.09_AM_.png

Posted: 02 July 2013 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  468
Joined  2003-10-09

I’m on a mac and it works fine for me.  well when I say fine I mean it works but is actually too slow to be useable for me because it is not native to poser.  even turning subd to zero doesn’t speed it up much.  everytime I pose my figure it takes forever for a little dson script to run.  And loading clothes takes ages.
Love esther

Posted: 02 July 2013 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

I wish daz would make some sort of native poser V6 - even if it didn’t have all the functionality of genesis, I would probably be happy.

Posted: 05 July 2013 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2011-07-27
esther - 02 July 2013 11:45 PM

I’m on a mac and it works fine for me.  well when I say fine I mean it works but is actually too slow to be useable for me because it is not native to poser.  even turning subd to zero doesn’t speed it up much.  everytime I pose my figure it takes forever for a little dson script to run.  And loading clothes takes ages.
Love esther

I have uninstalled and everything. It worked fine until now, when I updated it.

Posted: 10 July 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-10-09

Is there any trick to be aware of if I want to have DSON working for two versions of Poser both running on the same Windows 7 PC?  I have been using Poser 9 with DSON happily but sidegraded to poser 10 and like I did with previous version changes I would like to keep both versions working for a while until I’m sure Poser 10 is happy and I’m happy with it.
I figure I should just go through the install process as I did with poser 9 but:
-I want to make sure in doing so the installer is unlikely to do something to break DSON imported functionality in Poser 9.
-I maintain a seperate runtime for all my DSON imported content and if at all possible would like to share it between the two versions of Poser, like I would for any other runtime collection before.
-Thanks

Posted: 10 July 2013 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9608
Joined  2007-11-06
Grosporina - 10 July 2013 06:34 PM

Is there any trick to be aware of if I want to have DSON working for two versions of Poser both running on the same Windows 7 PC?  I have been using Poser 9 with DSON happily but sidegraded to poser 10 and like I did with previous version changes I would like to keep both versions working for a while until I’m sure Poser 10 is happy and I’m happy with it.
I figure I should just go through the install process as I did with poser 9 but:
-I want to make sure in doing so the installer is unlikely to do something to break DSON imported functionality in Poser 9.
-I maintain a seperate runtime for all my DSON imported content and if at all possible would like to share it between the two versions of Poser, like I would for any other runtime collection before.
-Thanks

Just add the runtime you’re using in Poser 9 to Poser 10—you don’t need to duplicate the content.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 11 July 2013 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2003-10-09

How wonderfully simple.  great, thanks!

Posted: 03 August 2013 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2009-05-10

Hi, I have a little issue when I load Genesis or Genesis 2 in Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1, if I move the arms up the torso mess up.
In Daz 4.6 all work well but when I use DSON for Poser Pro 2012 I am geting this issues.
How could I fix that??
All ready try to reinstall all but still fail.
Thank you,

In Image,
Left = Genesis
Right = Genesis 2

The new update version have fix this issue:
DSON Importer for Poser 1.1.1.39 Win64.exe

Image Attachments
DSON_IssuesB.png

Posted: 03 August 2013 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2007-03-27

genesis ik chains:
http://www.sharecg.com/v/67133/

Posted: 03 August 2013 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Joined  2009-05-10

No, it is not the ik chains, I download it to try but still same issue with the torso mesh when moving one or two arms up.

It look more to me as a Daz morph that DSON do not transfert to Poser. Or a weight map issue.

In Daz 4.6 if you move the arms up, you will notice a small delay before the morph load to the figure, and before it load in Daz you will see it like this with the same torso mesh mess up.

Thank’s for your answer Casina_,

Posted: 04 August 2013 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  180
Joined  2006-10-24
esther - 02 July 2013 11:45 PM

Love esther

I’m on windows 7 and I have Poser 9, all updates.  I did get DSON to work although in the end it absolutely killed my machine. It didn’t crash the program but everything came to a standstill.  Hopefully, this version will work just a little bit better.

In the end I hope to use it for the Gen 3 legacy figures but it’s a pricey to buy four four add-ons. 

Still, Genesis is the future of DAZ, I hope I can get on board before they come out with Genesis 3.

Signature 

Coming Soon!

Posted: 12 August 2013 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

so, maybe I didn’t explain my question about an on off switch for dson.
Gen 2 for example can be converted in poser pro 2014 using poser skinning so I could make a character using genesis, morph it the way I want and save it as a Cr2 and not need DSON anymore for that particular character anymore.  It’s a new poser pro 2014 feature.  However unfortunately dson still runs when I repose the figure.
I’m not sure you understood the problem DAZSpookey.  That’s why I want an on-off switch for dson.

Posted: 26 August 2013 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2005-11-27
esther - 02 July 2013 11:46 PM

I wish daz would make some sort of native poser V6 - even if it didn’t have all the functionality of genesis, I would probably be happy.

Then PAs would have to make separate versions of their clothing for both Poser and DAZ since the rigging would have to be different. Besides, you were having problems with the load times. I don’t think others are. I didn’t have problems on my older, slower computer or my new, faster one.

Did you ever get that sorted out, by the way?

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 26 August 2013 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Hi, yes, separate clothes rigging I think is what is happening with Dawn isn’t it?  Also poser has a fitting room that works quite well so maybe clothes wouldn’t be such an issue.

Anyway getting back to the question of poser in genesis, everytime I use a genesis figure with clothes conformed and I change pose, I see this little dson window running and slowing things down.  It’s just too slow on my computer to be useable, and yet I can have lots of V4s and M4s in a scene quite happily so I don’t think it is my computer being overly slow.  If i was making art pictures with a single poser person in a portrait then i think it would be useable, but I mostly use poser for my comic where I try to make lots of posing changes with lots of figures in a scene, so sadly I don’t think genesis is going to be an option for me in poser.

Well if DAZ would make an DSON on off switch it would be handy I think.

Love esther

Posted: 26 August 2013 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1006
Joined  2005-11-27

There’s a setting in the DSON Importer preferences that you can turn off that might help speed it up, butI forget what it’s called. It stops DSON from showing the processes going on while it loads.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

2 of 3