Digital Art Zone

2 of 10
DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.0.15) Release Candidate!
Posted: 09 May 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  481
Joined  2013-02-02
BishounenTaurus - 09 May 2013 08:18 PM

Not exactly too happy right now. Not only did the installer crash (yet again), forcing me to rename the uninstallers just to get it to work, but the one bug I was hoping would be fixed (and is marked as fixed) isn’t actually fixed in this version despite what the release notes say.

If I uninstall Daz Studio, will it also uninstall the content I have installed/saved? Do I have to make a manual backup, or am I safe? I’m going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Daz manually just in case this is an issue on my end.

I had this problem too, but found out it was Nvidia’s fault.  If you have an nvidia card and another non nvidia graphics card(like an Ivy bridge CPU), nvinit.dll will crash the installer.

My Nvidia settings allow me to “auto” choose the GPU or to use (on my machine) my Intel or Nvidia card. The “Auto” setting was the problem crashing of the installers for me.

Image Attachments
fp1.png
 Signature 

-Spheric

Posted: 09 May 2013 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
Kyoto Kid - 09 May 2013 08:27 PM

...so what if you have multiple drives? Couldn’t you install the beta on one while still having 4.5.1.56 on the other and just map the same library/runtimes?

No, because they share settings and appdata.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 09 May 2013 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2004-11-12

I do not have the option to choose between card or integrated graphics. My issue came with the installer failing to uninstall the previous version halfway through uninstalling it, causing it to fail every subsequent time.

EDIT: Another problem I encounter with the installation. It fails to install the Daz Content Management Service. It simply says it encountered an error, and then carries on installing the rest of Daz Studio as if nothing happened.

Posted: 09 May 2013 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  435
Joined  2012-10-15

Not exactly too happy right now. Not only did the installer crash (yet again), forcing me to rename the uninstallers just to get it to work, but the one bug I was hoping would be fixed (and is marked as fixed) isn’t actually fixed in this version despite what the release notes say.

If I uninstall Daz Studio, will it also uninstall the content I have installed/saved? Do I have to make a manual backup, or am I safe? I’m going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Daz manually just in case this is an issue on my end.

If its the geometry shell bug at render time it is fixed, its just not in this build.  It will be there be there before 4.6 ships.

Posted: 09 May 2013 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12
DAZ_cjones - 09 May 2013 08:37 PM

If its the geometry shell bug at render time it is fixed, its just not in this build.  It will be there be there before 4.6 ships.

By chance do we you have an NVidia Video card and the intel chip set that lets you use the built in video card or your Nvidia card on an application by application bases.  If you do, we have found an issue with the uninstallers and the nvinit.dll.  If its a different setup please report the bug.

Re: Geometry Shell Bug: That’s good to know. I’m just really really looking forward to being able to use it, so admittedly i’m very impatient right now and a tad anxious.

Re: NVidia bug: I don’t have integrated graphics on my machine, so I don’t have the option to choose between one or the other. Not even a dropdown box. raspberry I’ve decided to do a manual uninstall and reinstall of Daz Studio in the hopes that that’ll fix everything.

Also, as I said above, the installer also fails to install the Daz Content Management Service, although it doesn’t seem to have any adverse affect on Daz Studio…

Posted: 09 May 2013 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  312
Joined  2003-10-09

The easiest way to work around not having the ‘auto’ option that Spheric mentions is to rename the nvinit*.dll (e.g. to nvinit*.bak), at least temporarily.

NVIDIA threads related to the nvinit*.dll issue:
- https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/527553/crash-in-nvinit-dll_unloaded-when-application-closes/
- https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/534363/applications-popping-up-with-quot-nvinit-dll_unloaded-quot-pretty-sure-its-an-nvidia-error/

Signature 

- Documentation Center
- Install Manager
- DAZ Studio 4.x
- DSON Importer
- DSON File Format Specification

Posted: 09 May 2013 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-11-12
rbtwhiz - 09 May 2013 08:58 PM

The easiest way to work around not having the ‘auto’ option that Spheric mentions is to rename the nvinit*.dll (e.g. to nvinit*.bak), at least temporarily.

NVIDIA threads related to the nvinit*.dll issue:
- https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/527553/crash-in-nvinit-dll_unloaded-when-application-closes/
- https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/534363/applications-popping-up-with-quot-nvinit-dll_unloaded-quot-pretty-sure-its-an-nvidia-error/

Is that safe to do? What exactly is the .dll for?

Posted: 09 May 2013 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4461
Joined  2004-08-11

Pretty exciting stuff folks.  Thanks for the update. 

I wish you guys could work towards making an “auto meta data” doohicky thingamabob.  Recently had a system go down the toilet and had to “refresh windows” which of course removes all the programs that are not native to MS.  SO now all my content is just content again.  All the meta data is .... I don’t know.  I’m going to try a few things and see if I can get it going again. 

Other than that these new additions sound scrumptious.  You and SM are on a roll. Like that!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 09 May 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  358
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for the update.  You guys are moving faster then I can test releases.  Keep up the great work.

Love the idea of manipulating the meshes within DS, and saving out new assets.  Can’t wait to try that one out.

Kyoto Kid:

Even though it won’t work that way via multiple drives, you can have both production 1.56, and the beta installed alongside each other.  Someone in the previous beta thread mentioned that on a 64-bit environment you can have a 64-bit version, and a 32-bit version of 4.5 installed together.

I am running 4.5.1.56 64-bit, and 4.5.2.40_beta 32-bit together on Windows7 x64, and haven’t had any issues.  They both share the same libraries.

Give it a try.  Good luck…

Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 09 May 2013 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10723
Joined  2007-11-06

...unfortunately not interested in going back to all the limitations and issues I dealt with in 32 bit which on a couple occasions made me nearly get up walk away from this all due to the frustration brought about by frequent memory related crashes

I’ll have to think this over.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 09 May 2013 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

Bishonen taulus,,

if you uninstall ds 4.5 or 4.5beta, etc,, your contents and plug in never uninstalled. you need not afraid it.

when try beta,, we may just need to keep our contents (saved files) for suitable product ver
not be overwritten in beta version. not merge them.

then if I modify saved scene or content, just save it other name and other directory for beta.
so that,, if I find prolblem, I can reinstall suitable version, and can use contents without rpoblem I think.

and about CMS,, if you have never uninstalled it when you version up ds, (between 4.0, to 4.6currrent beta)
you may better once uninstall CMS , then install 4.5 or 4.6 beta.

1) Updated the embedded CMS client to Valentina 5; fixes several crashes, particularly on Mac

DAZ do not say officially we need to uninstall CMS when we version up daz studio,
but as for me, I think it seems better to uninstall CMS when install new version daz studio.

ds installer install the CMS if there is no CMS in our pc..so we can version up CMS too (if it has been updated).
but about some version (I do not remember the version )
ds installer do not uninstall old CMS I think.

then as for me,, I keep ds 4.5 product version 32 bit, and after uninstall 4.5 64bit, and CMS, then install 4.6 beta 64 bit
with windows 7.PC.

I am not Navida user,, so that I do not know about driver problem.

Posted: 09 May 2013 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4461
Joined  2004-08-11

What the heck is Valentina 5 anyways??

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 10 May 2013 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2007-08-27
RAMWolff - 09 May 2013 11:30 PM

What the heck is Valentina 5 anyways??

It is the database.

Posted: 10 May 2013 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8425
Joined  2007-11-06
RAMWolff - 09 May 2013 09:18 PM

Pretty exciting stuff folks.  Thanks for the update. 

I wish you guys could work towards making an “auto meta data” doohicky thingamabob.  Recently had a system go down the toilet and had to “refresh windows” which of course removes all the programs that are not native to MS.  SO now all my content is just content again.  All the meta data is .... I don’t know.  I’m going to try a few things and see if I can get it going again. 

Other than that these new additions sound scrumptious.  You and SM are on a roll. Like that!  grin

Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import metadata

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 10 May 2013 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  988
Joined  2012-02-04

[quote author=“DAZ_cjones” date=“1368146031"Any weight mapped figure “Fit to” a weight mapped figure can hide faces on that target figure.

So a content vendor making a set of say long boots could have the boots automatically hide the shin+foot+toes faces and completely eliminate any possibility of pokethrough happening, regardless of how the Genesis figure was shaped, and without having to make a bunch of custom FBM morphs for their boots?  That seems pretty powerful.  Obviously, it wouldn’t make sense if you are intending to use transparency in the item fit to Genesis, but for a lot of clothing, that’s not an issue.

Can this cascade?  E.g., boots fit to stockings fit to Genesis?  Most shoes/boots lack suitable expansion morphs to make them fit over stockings.

Signature 

My deviantART Homepage

2 of 10