Digital Art Zone

6 of 51
Let’s Make Clothing! Tutorial thread. Shoes too!
Posted: 29 September 2012 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1732
Joined  2012-04-14

Thank you. I’ve picked those up as well as the tutorials that are on sale here.

Posted: 30 September 2012 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2215
Joined  2005-09-05

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help with adding morphs to a figure?

I’ve managed to fix using a morph the everafter gown A3 for genesis’s basic shape.

I’m now trying to create a morph for the aiko shape. I’m following the same process I used for the original morph but it’s not working. It’s seems to be adding the aiko shape morph twice and making it too short.

The process I’m following:

Load genesis
Load dress with the autofit fix to basic shape
Use the aiko shape at 100%
Send dress to Hexagon via the bridge
fix in hexagon
Send back to Daz using the bridge
Create morph using the dialogue Choosing morph option
Dial morph
Dial the actor aiko to 0 to see if that would fix problem….

thanks

Pen

Image Attachments
everafterbasicshapefixed.pngeverafteraikoshapeneedsfixing.pngeverafteraikoshapemorph_appliedwithactoraiko_dialed_to_zero.png
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 01 October 2012 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4764
Joined  2012-04-07
Pendraia - 30 September 2012 06:46 PM

I’ve managed to fix using a morph the everafter gown A3 for genesis’s basic shape.

I’m now trying to create a morph for the aiko shape. I’m following the same process I used for the original morph but it’s not working. It’s seems to be adding the aiko shape morph twice and making it too short.

Load genesis
fix in hexagon
Dial morph

thanks

Pen

I just made these notes to be sure of the path for you. I tested using the child and basic female morphs everybody has.

1. load genesis, load dress, autofit, make shape
2. export out an .obj to the desktop [someplace easy to find it]
3. Zero out all morphs on Genesis with the dress in D/S.
4. Select the clothing item and via the Bridge send it to Hexagon.
5. Import in the aforementioned Genesis with Dress object. Can weld it all together [helps Hexagon manage] - can also select all the faces/make a ‘new’ shading domain and colour it red or something ... and then resize it down to the bridged in clothing item.

6. Mold the morph on the bridged in clothing.

7. Delete the “Genesis with clothing” .obj {solid cube must be selected to make a deletion - not edges, faces or vertice}

8. Select the previously bridged in clothing item and send it back via the bridge to D/S where hopefully the morph can be created.

{note to self: After creating it, save the morph.}

Signature 

Posted: 01 October 2012 03:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2215
Joined  2005-09-05
Patience55 - 01 October 2012 03:56 AM
Pendraia - 30 September 2012 06:46 PM

Load genesis
fix in hexagon
Dial morph

thanks

Pen

I just made these notes to be sure of the path for you. I tested using the child and basic female morphs everybody has.

1. load genesis, load dress, autofit, make shape
2. export out an .obj to the desktop [someplace easy to find it]
3. Zero out all morphs on Genesis with the dress in D/S.
4. Select the clothing item and via the Bridge send it to Hexagon.
5. Import in the aforementioned Genesis with Dress object. Can weld it all together [helps Hexagon manage] - can also select all the faces/make a ‘new’ shading domain and colour it red or something ... and then resize it down to the bridged in clothing item.

6. Mold the morph on the bridged in clothing.

7. Delete the “Genesis with clothing” .obj {solid cube must be selected to make a deletion - not edges, faces or vertice}

8. Select the previously bridged in clothing item and send it back via the bridge to D/S where hopefully the morph can be created.

{note to self: After creating it, save the morph.}

Thanks I’ll give a try!

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 07 October 2012 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  189
Joined  2004-11-27
Patience55 - 20 June 2012 11:45 AM

We’re having a major heat wave for a few days ... so ‘puters will be off more than on.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7858x9bwogbhsh9 Making it work - Pt-01 is ready for now. And that will be it for this week.

Same over at sharecg.com http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62955/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/Making_it_Work_Pt-01

Dear Patience55,

All the links to your tutorials, both at mediafire and ShareCG has been removed.  Do you have other links also for these and your other tutorials covered in this thread?

Thank you in advance.

Laura

Posted: 07 October 2012 06:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
launok - 07 October 2012 05:33 AM
Patience55 - 20 June 2012 11:45 AM

We’re having a major heat wave for a few days ... so ‘puters will be off more than on.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7858x9bwogbhsh9 Making it work - Pt-01 is ready for now. And that will be it for this week.

Same over at sharecg.com http://www.ShareCG.com/v/62955/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/Making_it_Work_Pt-01

Dear Patience55,

All the links to your tutorials, both at mediafire and ShareCG has been removed.  Do you have other links also for these and your other tutorials covered in this thread?

Thank you in advance.

Laura

Yes I removed them a little while ago. As I’m [slowly] setting up my new computer, I’ve been putting them all into one basket [folder] and expect to upload them somewhere again one day. Or make some new ones. We’ll see. Also have a billion other ideas for things I’d like to make but sadly there are only so many days in the hour wink

Signature 

Posted: 07 October 2012 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  575
Joined  2011-02-03

Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to make folds on a dress? I am looking specifically for a draped look to a simple dress.

Thanks smile

Signature 

My DAZ Gallery http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/68
My deviantART http://kitashrak.deviantart.com/

Posted: 08 October 2012 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
JK0011 - 07 October 2012 09:25 PM

Does anyone know of a tutorial on how to make folds on a dress? I am looking specifically for a draped look to a simple dress.

Thanks smile

Well depending upon which figure and how it’s to be made, some folds are best done with texturing. However there is this method for creating a full skirt.

Image Attachments
1_make_a_curved_line_circle.png2_extract_up.png
 Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Okay, somebody was wanting some info about rigging shoes in D/S and I seem to have lost the thread ... so I’ll put a bit of info here and maybe he’ll find it ... or somebody else might like to see this too.

The pictures are named with numbers in case they don’t load in the correct order.

Image Attachments
1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png
 Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

And some more pics.

Image Attachments
6.png7.png9.png10.png11.png
 Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

And the final set for now.

Image Attachments
12.png13.png15.png
 Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2012 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07

Here’s the last image.
Hopefully I found all the typos now wink

Image Attachments
16.png
 Signature 

Posted: 13 October 2012 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  108
Joined  0

Wonderful tutorial, Patience55.

Nice to see how you are setting the Center/EndPoint discs.  It didn’t seem right when I did them similarly, even though that’s the only way it worked, but you’ve given me more confidence.

Also, good to see your comment on testing on different computers.  On my one computer (and the one I’m working in), the Center/EndPoint discs seem to change every time I reopen it.  Very frustrating, and, before I saw your tutorial, I began to think I was setting them in an illegitimate way.

I wonder why it does that? confused

Thanks again!

Posted: 13 October 2012 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-04-07
Bagboy - 13 October 2012 01:02 AM

Wonderful tutorial, Patience55.

Nice to see how you are setting the Center/EndPoint discs.  It didn’t seem right when I did them similarly, even though that’s the only way it worked, but you’ve given me more confidence.

Also, good to see your comment on testing on different computers.  On my one computer (and the one I’m working in), the Center/EndPoint discs seem to change every time I reopen it.  Very frustrating, and, before I saw your tutorial, I began to think I was setting them in an illegitimate way.

I wonder why it does that? confused

Thanks again!

You’re welcome.

Just to be clear on one point, the actual ends of the bones are NOT changed. Those need to be the same as the one’s of the figure or the item will not ‘fit to’. What we are adjusting are the parameters for what the bones may do.

For anything to be changing every time you open the file ... could be either that you were accidentally making changes to the figure instead of [for eg] the shoes; or that you forgot to re-export out a new .cr2 file.

btw - some shoes could be made as simple props, to load individually and be parented to the feet.

Signature 

Posted: 15 October 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  337
Joined  2011-12-30
Patience55 - 23 June 2012 04:07 PM
anikad - 23 June 2012 03:38 PM

Has anyone used the genesis basic clothing rigging kit? Is it any good? I noticed it was on sale.

Oh Yes!!! Good time to get it. Includes instructions wink

What is the difference in the genesis basic clothing rigging kit and the daz transfer tools?

Thanks

Signature 

3D Artist Network.

6 of 51